IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR4 PSU

Guys,

Im about to pull the trigger on a SR4T to power a JCAT XE adding a DXP-1A5DSC

Have anyone tried the New Neotech UPOCC copper cable that PH is delivering now compared with the Ghent DC-7N16C Neotech UPOCC 7N Copper 16AWG DC(JSSG360) Cable ?

ER + PH DR7T - TAIKO Server + PH DR7T ( HQPOs + ROON ) JCAT XE USB - Lampizator Baltic 4 - D-Athena preamp - K- EX-M7 amp - PMC Twenty5 26

On 5/6/2020 at 1:41 AM, mikicasellas said:

Guys,

Have anyone tried the New Neotech UPOCC copper cable that PH is delivering now compared with the Ghent DC-7N16C Neotech UPOCC 7N Copper 16AWG DC(JSSG360) Cable ?

The neotech UPOCC is nice - we use it for internal connections in the Optimo 3 Duo PSU. 

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

On 5/5/2020 at 4:41 PM, mikicasellas said:

Guys,

15 hours ago, Marcin_gps said:

The neotech UPOCC is nice - we use it for internal connections in the Optimo 3 Duo PSU. 

Is this the solid core with Teflon insulation ?

3 hours ago, Blackmorec said:

What’s the difference between the 2 cables? Does the “new” apply to Neotech ie. a new Neotech UPOCC cable, or to PH as in a new PH cable made from Neotech UPOCC? 

Is the PH cable JSSG360 shielded or a simple twisted pair? 

I’ve not tried any PH cable but have compared Neotech UPOCC twisted pair to a Ghent Neotech JSSG360 cable and the latter is superior, due entirely to the shielding.  I should also add that I’ve compared the Ghent UPOCC JSSG360 to one of Nenon’s Mundorf Silver/Gold JSSG360 designs and the latter is in a different league regarding SQ and resolution. To put that into the right context, the Ghent cable is capable of producing exceptional results....enough to satisfy even the most demanding audiophile. 

Okay, I'm a little confused about your comparison of the Ghent to Nenon's cables. Which one of them would be ideal for my PH SR4T?  I have already ordered the Ghent audio version.  Are you saying that Nenon's Mundorf Silver/Gold version would sound even better than the Ghent audio version?

I made my own DC/ATX etc cables from Mundorf Silver/Gold for an SR7T - see recent post on SR7 thread here if interested. I haven't heard Ghent alternatives; however, Mundorfs probably beat them hands down based on:

1. material = silver-gold vs. copper

2. consistent experience of @Nenon

3. and others e.g. @austinpop on the "novel" thread.

The Mundorf wire is more expensive than made-up Ghents. Mine are still cooking but what I hear is phenomenal - admittedly part of several simultaneous upgrades inc. the SR7T itself.

17 minutes ago, Iving said:

I made my own Mundorfs for an SR7T. See recent post on SR7 thread if interested. I haven't heard Ghent alts. but Mundorfs prob. beat them hands down based on material = silver-gold vs. copper - plus various input from @Nenon and also others e.g. @austinpop on the "novel" thread. The Mundorf wire is more expensive than made-up Ghents. Mine are still cooking but what I hear is phenomenal - admittedly part of several simult. upgrades.

Thanks, but that also sounds a bit complicated, especially the DIY part. My question is: what might be the simplest way for someone like me,  with almost zero DIY expertise, to get my hands on a Mundorf for my SR4T?

4 minutes ago, sahmen said:

Thanks, but that also sounds a bit complicated, especially the DIY part. My question is: what might be the simplest way for someone like me,  with almost zero DIY expertise, to get my hands on a Mundorf for my SR4T?

Sure - understood - these are very much DIY and experience helps. Maybe @Nenon might make some for you on negotiated terms. I don't speak for him - just know that he's sold DC cables before - I think!

[Mine are a bit engineering-overkill.]

9 minutes ago, sahmen said:

You have ruled out the in-house PH cables? @austinpop has first hand experience.

3 minutes ago, Iving said:

You have ruled out the in-house PH cables? @austinpop has first hand experience.

No I did nor rule any out.  I actually ordered the PH silver dc cable option along with my SR4T, before realizing, upon reading posts on this site, that that  stock PH silver dc cable might not always sound the best for my purposes. That is when I decided to order the Ghent Audio version. I seem to be accumulating the DC cables, but I might soon order the SR5T too, when it becomes available, so I figure it is important that I get the DC cable part right.  Btw, I have contacted @Nenon too, to see what he thinks.  Thanks

On 9/21/2019 at 11:18 AM, str-1 said:

Before going for either SR or Beeswax I’ll will of course properly evaluate the Furutech with both the SR4 and my Farad Super3, and I’ll post something about that in the next week or so.

Apologies if I missed it -- did you post your impressions of these two yet? I'm considering either an SR4T or a Super3 and would appreciate the notes of someone who has tried both. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2020 at 1:07 PM, str-1 said:

It’s a selectable voltage from 9v/12v/15v/19 (see photos)

What is the difference between -05 -12 and -19 versions. I think you covered the -19 version. 

The SR4ST-05 in the silver anodised extrusion currently costs £400.

The SR4BT-05 in the black anodised extrusion currently costs £412.

The SR4ST-12 in the silver anodised extrusion currently costs £400.

The SR4BT-12 in the black anodised extrusion currently costs £412.

The SR4ST-19 in the silver anodised extrusion currently costs £420.

The SR4BT-19 in the black anodised extrusion currently costs £432.

5 hours ago, R1200CL said:

What is the difference between -05 -12 and -19 versions. I think you covered the -19 version. 

The SR4ST-05 in the silver anodised extrusion currently costs £400.

The SR4BT-05 in the black anodised extrusion currently costs £412.

The SR4ST-12 in the silver anodised extrusion currently costs £400.

The SR4BT-12 in the black anodised extrusion currently costs £412.

The SR4ST-19 in the silver anodised extrusion currently costs £420.

The SR4BT-19 in the black anodised extrusion currently costs £432.

It is better explained on the standard SR4 page https://www.paulhynesdesign.com/sr4

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

3 hours ago, Oepsie said:

Yay!! My SR4T arrived today!! Looking forward to hearing it with my sms-200 :)

With the upooc cable option.

Was it part of the April batch?  I've been told that mine, which is part of the May batch, will actually arrive at some point in June.  Just checking to make sure everything checks out about the way the production and shipping calendar is meant to behave.

Thanks

1 hour ago, sahmen said:

Was it part of the April batch?  I've been told that mine, which is part of the May batch, will actually arrive at some point in June.  Just checking to make sure everything checks out about the way the production and shipping calendar is meant to behave.

Thanks

Yes, it was part of the April batch. Ordered in February.

I’m already happy with it. It has great speed and attack combined with finesse in details. 

On 5/12/2020 at 9:19 AM, sahmen said:

No I did nor rule any out.  I actually ordered the PH silver dc cable option along with my SR4T, before realizing, upon reading posts on this site, that that  stock PH silver dc cable might not always sound the best for my purposes. That is when I decided to order the Ghent Audio version. I seem to be accumulating the DC cables, but I might soon order the SR5T too, when it becomes available, so I figure it is important that I get the DC cable part right.  Btw, I have contacted @Nenon too, to see what he thinks.  Thanks

@sahmen Did you receive your PH silver DC cable? If so, how does it sound compare to your Ghent?

4 hours ago, shahed99 said:

@sahmen Did you receive your PH silver DC cable? If so, how does it sound compare to your Ghent?

@shahed99 My SR4T is going to be shipped with the May batch, so I'm expecting to receive it in about a couple of weeks from now, or thereabouts, along with the silver DC cable. I do not have all the pieces in hand yet, but when I do, I shall post my impressions.