IGNORED

OT: Share your hobbies beyond being an audiophile

Hiking (walking), old Jaguar, Audi, and BMW maintenance and driving. Expert now on active dampening and air suspension. Some of the engine work has surprised me, still like new running years later. All three have the same ZF  6 speed, must be bulletproof. 

Love tree climbing, pulling up is a full body workout. From hands to feet. Done 500 sit-ups and a 100 push-ups everyday for 40+ years. Never been in gym since high school. 

Used to listen to more music and build diy audio equipment. Maybe the next time I retire. 

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer. 

3 hours ago, Panelhead said:

Hiking (walking), old Jaguar, Audi, and BMW maintenance and driving. Expert now on active dampening and air suspension. Some of the engine work has surprised me, still like new running years later. All three have the same ZF  6 speed, must be bulletproof. 

Love tree climbing, pulling up is a full body workout. From hands to feet. Done 500 sit-ups and a 100 push-ups everyday for 40+ years. Never been in gym since high school. 

Used to listen to more music and build diy audio equipment. Maybe the next time I retire. 

I just bought my first BMW ever. My 3rd car in my life. I will pick it up 05 February 2018. Any tips.

[br]

Re-enactor, American Civil War (Federal infantry); bandsman (OTS Bb soprano saxhorn - aka cornet) and field musician (bugle). 

Would love to find the time to play in a community band.

I dabble in film photography (old Leica M and screw mount).  I really miss the look of Kodachrome with those old Leitz lenses.

Keeping up with the family and a big yard out in the country, at the edge of suburbia.  That's what takes all my time.

I used to have reef aquariums.  That involved a lot of work and expense.  I tried to restrict it to captively-propagated corals and the few saltwater fish species that can be bred in captivity.  Even then, the amount of electricity I used for lighting and water circulation was pretty extreme.

I look at cycling more as an activity than a hobby, but if it counts, I do a fair amount of riding both on and off-road.

We have two golden retrievers.  I kind of hesitate to call that a hobby, but it does consume a fair amount of time and money, so in that sense probably it qualifies.

As a scientist, I'm kind of in a fortunate position in the sense that I get paid to pursue that as a hobby.

4 hours ago, wgscott said:

I look at cycling more as an activity than a hobby, but if it counts, I do a fair amount of riding both on and off-road.

We have two golden retrievers.  I kind of hesitate to call that a hobby, but it does consume a fair amount of time and money, so in that sense probably it qualifies.

As a scientist, I'm kind of in a fortunate position in the sense that I get paid to pursue that as a hobby.

I left off 2 of those 3 as I also don't consider them hobbies; same with some other things

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobby

I am not sure where to put the 'gentlemen scientists' of the Victorian era, or related groups in France, Italy and no doubt ancient China...

5 hours ago, wgscott said:

I used to have reef aquariums.  That involved a lot of work and expense.  I tried to restrict it to captively-propagated corals and the few saltwater fish species that can be bred in captivity.  Even then, the amount of electricity I used for lighting and water circulation was pretty extreme.

Bill

Where do you find the time for all these diverse interests ? I am assuming here that some of them  are climate related as well.

Do your dogs run along with you when keeping fit on your bicycle ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020