IGNORED

Innuos Zenith SE MkII

On 12/7/2018 at 4:18 PM, baconbrain said:

This excerpt from the Release Notes sounds interesting ...

“(Experimental) New option in Roon Settings to allow using our internal player with Roon, enabling RAM playback”

Now that we have all had the new experimental Roon/LMS feature for awhile, I am curious as to what everyone is using for playback?

1. 100% via Roon/LMS feature
  2. 100% LMS
  3. Back & Forth

I still feel the sound on the LMS player alone is slightly better although the gap has closed significantly. It is tough giving up Roon so I have mostly been using the new feature

MAIN: Sonore Optical Module Deluxe/Farad Super 3 (7v) > Uptone EtherRegen/Farad Super 3(9v)/AfterDark Emperor Signature/Farad Super 3 (12v) > Innuos Zenith MKII SE (ER A) > ER (B) > Meitner MA-3 DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Ayre VX-5 Twenty Amplifier  > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ Niagara 5000 > AQ (Hurricane)/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata Python/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audience AU24 SE/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver

CABLING: Silversmith Audio Fidelium Speaker/Sablon Pantela Reserva 2020 Lan/Ghent JSSG360 Cat 6/AQ Earth & Pegasus/Aurelis Deuland 75ohm

ISOLATION: Stillpoints/Symposium/IsoAcoustics/Herbie's/PS Audio Powerbase

14 minutes ago, FrankMA said:

Now that we have all had the new experimental Roon/LMS feature for awhile, I am curious as to what everyone is using for playback?

2. 100% LMS
  3. Back & Forth

I still feel the sound on the LMS player alone is slightly better although the gap has closed significantly. It is tough giving up Roon so I have mostly been using the new feature

Are there stutter/dropout issues w/ option 1 though? If so hopefully the next release will iron those out..

15 minutes ago, mrkoven said:

Are there stutter/dropout issues w/ option 1 though? If so hopefully the next release will iron those out..

I haven't had any stuttering. I've had a few issues since going to Roon 1.6 (Qobuz static, library songs starting/stopping)

MAIN: Sonore Optical Module Deluxe/Farad Super 3 (7v) > Uptone EtherRegen/Farad Super 3(9v)/AfterDark Emperor Signature/Farad Super 3 (12v) > Innuos Zenith MKII SE (ER A) > ER (B) > Meitner MA-3 DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Ayre VX-5 Twenty Amplifier  > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ Niagara 5000 > AQ (Hurricane)/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata Python/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audience AU24 SE/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver

CABLING: Silversmith Audio Fidelium Speaker/Sablon Pantela Reserva 2020 Lan/Ghent JSSG360 Cat 6/AQ Earth & Pegasus/Aurelis Deuland 75ohm

1 hour ago, FrankMA said:

2. 100% LMS
  3. Back & Forth

I gave up using LMS with my ZENith MK3 completely. Using “regular “ Roon all the time now. Too much stuttering and interruptions with LMS and Roon. Life is too short to get frustrated with such things

8 hours ago, FrankMA said:

2. 100% LMS
  3. Back & Forth

I was getting frequent skips and occasional stutters and pops with Roon/LMS, so I gave up.

Using Roon for casual listening or library discovery sessions, and switching to LMS for critical listening / full album listening mode. 

ZENith MkII SE  > ISO REGEN (LPS1.2) > MScaler > OPTO DX > DAVE > Riviera AIC-10 >  AB-1266 Phi TC / Valkyria / LS3/5a

27 minutes ago, JFHSQT said:

ONE THING I have noticed with the 1.6 update and Roon radio - it does give me a warning message saying that Roon Radio playback is limited to my own library. I don't know if this is a limitation of the LMS setting or what.

No, it was a server and connectivity issue at Roon and has nothing to do with the LMS settings. "Radio" playback should be working now as usual, more or less appropriate.

11 hours ago, yellowblue said:

I just get stuttering or the playback stops when I skip to the next track with the new experimental option. So I try to avoid that and really enjoy the much better SQ. It´s worth it for me.

My perspective as well.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

11 hours ago, JFHSQT said:

ONE THING I have noticed with the 1.6 update and Roon radio - it does give me a warning message saying that Roon Radio playback is limited to my own library. I don't know if this is a limitation of the LMS setting or what.

That is odd @JFHSQT I am not seeing that and Radio is hitting my library, Tidal & Roon with the experimental feature

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, thyname said:

For the Fuse upgrade, did you do it yourself? I don’t even know where the fuse is located on my ZENith MK3

I had this same issue @thyname. Where is the fuse holder? @austinpop pointed out you have to remove the power cord and you will see a compartment under the AC inlet

For anyone who put a Synergistic Blue fuse in a MKII, what fuse size did you get?

• 1 month later...

Greetings,

I have been evaluating a Zenith MKIII for a week now as a replacement for my Mac Mini + Uptone JS-2.

No contest... Major Upgrade. So far I have tried UPnP and Roon. Not a fan of Peng, of course...

If you use Roon + MLS, what do you use to control playback? Still the Roon app on iPad or something else?

I am also testing a Shunyata Delta NR power cord.

Thanks.

Mac Mini Late 2014 (16G/SSD) w Uptone JS-2 w OWC Thunderbay 4 Mini RAID (JS-2) / Roon

Aqua LinQ w EtherCon cable (Ghent) w Uptone EtherRegen w Uptone JS-2

Aqua Formula xHD w Ocellia RCA Interconnect & Shunyata Delta NR

Kora TB 200 Integrated Amplifier w Audio Art Power Cable

Magico V2 w Ocellia speaker cables w Shunyata Dark Field Elevator & JL Audio E-Sub e110 X 2

All equipment, including subwoofer on Modulum platforms (modulumaudio.com)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stopped by the Innous Booth during the High End in Munich yesterday and asked if the upgrade for the USB port was still on the roadmap for the SE and the Rep stated that “yes definitely ” both the USB and Ethernet Port upgrades were going to be released within the next 6 to 8 months...

4 hours ago, baconbrain said:

Stopped by the Innous Booth during the High End in Munich yesterday and asked if the upgrade for the USB port was still on the roadmap for the SE and the Rep stated that “yes definitely ” both the USB and Ethernet Port upgrades were going to be released within the next 6 to 8 months...

Did the Rep give any indication of price?

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

1 hour ago, str-1 said:

Did the Rep give any indication of price?

No, unforetunately not. He stated that they have focused most of their attention on the MK III during the past months and the upgrade for the SE was still in a „development“ phase. I also asked if they would offer an official upgrade program (i.e. SE to Statement) and he mentioned that it was not being considered at the moment.

I like Innuos and their products. I also agree that prioritising the MK3 over the USB reclocker was the right call from a product roadmap perspective.

But from a frustrated SE owner perspective it feels like this reclocker has been 6-8 months away for the last 16-18 months.

Many first generation SE owners will have parted with their units and moved on by the time Innuos get around to actually offering this upgrade option.

Just my two cents and apologies if it's harsh but I'm more likely to sell my SE than wait the rest of the year to see if Innuos make good on this promise.

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers