IGNORED

Innuos Zenith SE MkII

1 hour ago, FrankMA said:

I am seeing some odd behavior with the update.  With the experimental feature/Roon I am seeing the songs not increment. For example it is playing a song that is different (next in queue) from what Roon is showing as now playing

I experienced that even before the update when in experimental mode.  It may be occurring more often though since the update.  

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

On 5/13/2019 at 4:42 PM, nvitorino said:

Hi,

Just returning from Munich and catching up on the world. Just a quick heads up with regards to the Ethernet Reclocker Switch we've spoken about to some at Munich. The Reclocker Switch will take a good deal longer than the USB Reclocker - we are designing the switch from scratch as simply changing the clock on an existing commercial switch leaves too much potential untapped. This is the same approach we have taken with the USB Reclocker to a great effect. As such, we are expecting the USB Reclocker to be ready around end of July. Ethernet we would recon more towards the end of the year.

Not everyone needs both a USB Reclocker and the Ethernet Switch. We have SE customers who basically don't do streaming, which will be the main advantage of having the reclocker, as well as customers who use the SE with another streamer and don't connect to a USB DAC. In those cases, they only need one of the boxes. For those who want both, the Statement is indeed a tidier solution but also one that requires a bigger upfront investment whereas the reclocker units can be purchased as you go.

Nuno

Curious if there is any update regarding the USB Reclocker ...?

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/11/2019 at 7:47 PM, baconbrain said:

Curious if there is any update regarding the USB Reclocker ...?

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

• 2 months later...

Any updates to the player software @nvitorino ? We haven't had an update in awhile.

I have basically given up on the squeezelite experimental player. Too many stoppages/dropouts/erratic behavior. But I really miss the improved sound quality........................

MAIN: Sonore Optical Module Deluxe/Farad Super 3 (7v) > Uptone EtherRegen/Farad Super 3(9v)/AfterDark Emperor Signature/Farad Super 3 (12v) > Innuos Zenith MKII SE (ER A) > ER (B) > Meitner MA-3 DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Ayre VX-5 Twenty Amplifier  > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ Niagara 5000 > AQ (Hurricane)/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata Python/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audience AU24 SE/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver

CABLING: Silversmith Audio Fidelium Speaker/Sablon Pantela Reserva 2020 Lan/Ghent JSSG360 Cat 6/AQ Earth & Pegasus/Aurelis Deuland 75ohm

ISOLATION: Stillpoints/Symposium/IsoAcoustics/Herbie's/PS Audio Powerbase

On 11/19/2019 at 5:20 AM, FrankMA said:

I have basically given up on the squeezelite experimental player. Too many stoppages/dropouts/erratic behavior. But I really miss the improved sound quality........................

I tried to give it up a few times.  I returned though after finding that another system upgrade made the benefits of experimental mode more evident.  

I really wish Roon would get serious about improving both sound quality and search performance.  

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

3 minutes ago, kennyb123 said:

I really wish Roon would get serious about improving both sound quality and search performance.  

I know. Sounds so much better.  But between that and the EtherRegen connectivity issues I had to stop for now

You will get attacked over in the Roon forums for even suggesting it is anything but perfect 😂  I have been told I have an inferior music server

MAIN: Sonore Optical Module Deluxe/Farad Super 3 (7v) > Uptone EtherRegen/Farad Super 3(9v)/AfterDark Emperor Signature/Farad Super 3 (12v) > Innuos Zenith MKII SE (ER A) > ER (B) > Meitner MA-3 DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Ayre VX-5 Twenty Amplifier  > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ Niagara 5000 > AQ (Hurricane)/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata Python/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audience AU24 SE/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver

CABLING: Silversmith Audio Fidelium Speaker/Sablon Pantela Reserva 2020 Lan/Ghent JSSG360 Cat 6/AQ Earth & Pegasus/Aurelis Deuland 75ohm

If Innuos was able to stabilize Experimental mode, I think it would give them a nice competitive advantage.  They could call it Roon Optimized Mode or Roon Enhanced Mode.  

Absolutely Kenny. Maybe @nvitorino can give us some forward looking insight......

After JFHSQTs reply I installed Roon 1.7 without any problems. 1.7 seems to be a lot more responsive with Experimental mode (on the SE) and I don´t have as many freezing issues as before. You now can skip a track and there is a greater chance that the next track actually will begin to play immediately. Sometimes Roon 1.7 is jumping forward 2 tracks though and sometimes the music stops playing - but less often than before. Maybe @nvitorino is able to start his work with the Experimental mode again to close the last gaps.

All I can say that I enjoy the Experimental mode more with 1.7 than before, even because I hear a nice little lift in SQ. The soundstage becomes a little wider and deeper and voices gain a little more intimicy and naturalness.

I have to tell though that the music stopped playing once within an half hour with a note "album is missing".

Great news. Will be sure to go back and try it. From Roon's literature on this change, I'm not surprised it is seeming more responsive

Some Roon users are also reporting a sound bump in 1.7. Attributing it to Roon requiring less processing demands on Core machines

On 11/22/2019 at 8:33 AM, JFHSQT said:

So I did update last night and experienced no issues with Experimental mode. Every track I selected went ahead and played the first time, no jumped tracks in my queue. Best of all, when I go ahead and "skip" tracks (jump forward to another track) in the queue, they load right up and play without error at all. Before when I did this, it would struggle to play and then drop out many times.

Liiterally my first skip track with Experimental active produced the same drop out behavior as prior

Turning off Exp at @kennyb123 's suggestion seems to have worked on the stoppages from streaming services. I normally don't burn in via streaming so maybe I never noticed this before with Exp. Normal listening is fine as long as you are not jumping ahead.  Thank you

Roon also published the 5.05 Build this AM that they say should help with Tidal/Qobuz

I will say I may have been premature in my assessment of the Exp feature's stability in 1.7. It is true that it was amazingly stable on Friday when I first posted that update. However over the weekend I began experiencing worse errors than I have ever experienced (prior to updating to 1.7). Many tracks only were playing 20-50% then jumping ahead to the next track. 

Looking at the Roon Community over the weekend, it seemed this was an issue many were having regardless of Innuos or the Squeezebox emulation, so I attributed it to overall instability of the 1.7 build and not to the Innuos. 

Since Sunday evening it seems that things have gotten back to normal without the skips and stops (for me) so it could have been a glitch over the weekend. 

3 hours ago, nvitorino said:

Assuming everything works fine, it will be released on version 1.4.4, along with some other goodies 🙂

Great to hear @nvitorino 😁

7 hours ago, nvitorino said:

Your wish may just come true...

We have a new Beta for Experimental Mode on Roon 1.7 and, on our tests, seems to be absolutely stable - hasn't glitched once so far. @kennyb123 If you'd like to try the beta, please PM me. We'll arrange a remote session to install it and you can try it out. Assuming everything works fine, it will be released on version 1.4.4, along with some other goodies 🙂

Nuno

Will it include a stable DSD 128 support as well?

5 hours ago, nvitorino said:

DSD128 support is a limitation on the Squeezebox support on Roon, not much we can do there. Support will only be via DoP up to DSD64. DSD128 will be downsampled to DSD64.

Good to know, this explains the constant drop outs with DSD 128. Thank you for the information!

On 11/28/2019 at 10:27 AM, nvitorino said:

Your wish may just come true...

We have a new Beta for Experimental Mode on Roon 1.7 and, on our tests, seems to be absolutely stable - hasn't glitched once so far. @kennyb123 If you'd like to try the beta, please PM me. We'll arrange a remote session to install it and you can try it out. Assuming everything works fine, it will be released on version 1.4.4, along with some other goodies 🙂

Nuno

I have another wish since it is almost xmas time. :)

How about NAA support for HqPlayer?

On 11/29/2019 at 11:33 PM, Anwar said:

@nvitorinoI am not using Roon with my Zenith Mk II (non SE).  Music is played directly from internal SSD.  Will DoP DSD 256 and PCM 384k be supported?  Right now, limited to DSD 128 and PCM 192k.  What caused the limitations?  CPU processing power?

It's not about processing power at all. It requires a kernel upgrade to support native mode on selected DACs. It's planned for version 1.4.4.

The CPU processing power isn't really that relevant unless you are converting PCM to DSD or using DSP with several zones. Playing back DSD or PCM directly requires little to no processing power at all.