IGNORED

Innuos Zenith SE MkII

Someone who owns a Mk3 should start a dedicated thread for that product so that we don't need to hunt through this thread for posts about it.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

12 minutes ago, yellowblue said:

Yes, I am using Roon, but after today only with New option in Roon Settings to allow using our internal player with Roon, enabling RAM playback.

9 minutes ago, #Yoda# said:

Yes, I enabled the sqeezelite player support two hours ago, it's working faultless since then. My first listening experiences are promising with Auralic Aries and Linn Majik DS as endpoints. 

Thanks, it has been a long week...

2 hours ago, austinpop said:

Bummer. So it's happening here too. I was hoping Innuos had found a version of squeezelite that was stable in this regard. 

Although TBH - I think it's Roon that's the culprit. Their LMS support appears to be reluctant, at best.

Didn’t Nuno mention that LMS would be deavtivated when using the squeezelite player in Roon or am I misinformed?

8 hours ago, yellowblue said:

Last for today - has everybody who owns a Zenith understood that there is a latency setting at the bottom of "settings" in the Zenith menue? The sound in my system has become much more relaxed after I chose "low latency".

I am not currently using mine with a USB DAC, but the Low Latency Mode was referenced in release notes 1.3.1. The function was evidently added for DAC compatibility reasons. 

52 minutes ago, baconbrain said:

I am not currently using mine with a USB DAC, but the Low Latency Mode was referenced in release notes 1.3.1. The function was evidently added for DAC compatibility reasons. 

But by default it´s not acivated. It´s on "normal latency mode" until you change it.

On 10/31/2018 at 11:00 AM, nvitorino said:

Hi everyone,

It's been a crazy season with shows a bit around the world and visiting factories to ensure suppliers would keep to their words with delivery (which they didn't...) so time has been shorter than usual.

Given a lot of you have provided feedback about the your disillusionment with Innuos regarding the focus of the latest 1.4 update being on library management, I thought I'd just answer to everyone right here.

First I'd like to address the feeling the SE users have been "abandoned". Not the case at all. With our software development cycle, we try to balance between "front-end" features (like metadata management) and "back-end" features (like kernel updates). Do note that the updates are for all our servers and not just for the SE (although there are specific settings for each model). Version 1.4 was already being finished by the time we made a quick test with Rajiv with Roon/Squeezelite integration so it could never be part of the update. Furthermore, in order for the Roon/Squeezelite integration to work, we need to disable the LMS music library as this conflicts with Roon. A number of our features depend on that so those will need to be disabled too. Do be aware that is will always be a beta feature as it depends largely on Roon maintaining support for it. It already limits it to 24/192 audio anyway.  We plan to bring this option on the 1.4.1 update that we are developing now. The focus for our next updates will be almost exclusively on the OS side as we feel the library management features are now at the level of functionality we wanted,

A lot of you are Roon users. There is very limited scope to what we can improve in terms of sound quality with Roon. We can improve things on the OS side of the system that will benefit both Roon and innuOS users. However, I hope you understand that it's likely there will always be differences between the platforms. Software implementation matters and whilst we can do improvements on the Squeezelite player, we cannot to them to the Roon player as we have no access to its code. 

On a sidenote, the external USB reclocker based on the Statement board will also allow a very audible upgrade to SE users. The electronics are all designed already, it's now a matter of chassis (meaning a fresh round of chasing suppliers...)

Nuno

3 minutes ago, yellowblue said:

Do you know more when it´s coming and how much it will cost?

The last update I am aware of was the posting from Nuno above. No mention in regards to price...

11 hours ago, yellowblue said:

Last for today - has everybody who owns a Zenith understood that there is a latency setting at the bottom of "settings" in the Zenith menue? The sound in my system has become much more relaxed after I chose "low latency".

Hello @yellowblue  Can you attach a graphic? I cannot seem to find this setting on my MKII (unless it is only on the MKII or Statement). Thank you

MAIN: Sonore Optical Module Deluxe/Farad Super 3 (7v) > Uptone EtherRegen/Farad Super 3(9v)/AfterDark Emperor Signature/Farad Super 3 (12v) > Innuos Zenith MKII SE (ER A) > ER (B) > Meitner MA-3 DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Ayre VX-5 Twenty Amplifier  > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ Niagara 5000 > AQ (Hurricane)/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata Python/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audience AU24 SE/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver

CABLING: Silversmith Audio Fidelium Speaker/Sablon Pantela Reserva 2020 Lan/Ghent JSSG360 Cat 6/AQ Earth & Pegasus/Aurelis Deuland 75ohm

ISOLATION: Stillpoints/Symposium/IsoAcoustics/Herbie's/PS Audio Powerbase

6 minutes ago, FrankMA said:

Hello @yellowblue  Can you attach a graphic? I cannot seem to find this setting on my MKII (unless it is only on the MKII or Statement). Thank you

Go to settings and then at the bottom of the page under the green sign "Music Player" you come to "Configure USB Latency Mode". Choose low latency if it works with your DAC.

5 minutes ago, yellowblue said:

Go to settings and then at the bottom of the page under the green sign "Music Player" you come to "Configure USB Latency Mode". Choose low latency if it works with your DAC.

Thank you. I don't see Music Player. Have Music Server with no Low Latency option. I'm on 1.4.1

My Innuos Zenith 2018-12-08 06-33-37.jpg

MAIN: Sonore Optical Module Deluxe/Farad Super 3 (7v) > Uptone EtherRegen/Farad Super 3(9v)/AfterDark Emperor Signature/Farad Super 3 (12v) > Innuos Zenith MKII SE (ER A) > ER (B) > Meitner MA-3 DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Ayre VX-5 Twenty Amplifier  > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ Niagara 5000 > AQ (Hurricane)/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata Python/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audience AU24 SE/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver

CABLING: Silversmith Audio Fidelium Speaker/Sablon Pantela Reserva 2020 Lan/Ghent JSSG360 Cat 6/AQ Earth & Pegasus/Aurelis Deuland 75ohm

Looks like it, unfortunately. Thank you for confirming

18 minutes ago, #Yoda# said:

No, I can choose it as well.

Now I have it. Once I enable the Squeezelite player it was there. Thanks everyone

Have any of you setup the squeezlite support when using a dac with roon ready support, aka playing from the ethernet port of the Zenit, or Are you all  playing throug the usb port om the Zenit?

I Just have a hard time seeding the roon endpoint turning up as an option under plsyer output of the squeezlite setting..

4 hours ago, jenjoh said:

Have any of you setup the squeezlite support when using a dac with roon ready support, aka playing from the ethernet port of the Zenit, or Are you all  playing throug the usb port om the Zenit?

I Just have a hard time seeding the roon endpoint turning up as an option under plsyer output of the squeezlite setting..

My SE is also streaming via Ethernet to a Roon Ready DAC but unfortunately my system is under construction until the new mounts for my  Kii‘s are finished.

But now that you mention it, I am not certain if the squeezelite player together with Roon will function at all when streaming to a Roon Ready device ....

1 hour ago, baconbrain said:

But now that you mention it, I am not certain if the squeezelite player together with Roon will function at all when streaming to a Roon Ready device ....

I'm afraid your apprehensions are correct for most Roon Ready devices.

Beside this, I noticed that the "Import" and "Quarantine" buttons in the main menu disappear.