IGNORED

Innuos Zenith SE MkII

12 hours ago, nvitorino said:

That's more unlikely. Not because of technical difficulty but mostly because is makes little sense to use the server just as a NAA. It mean a huge amount of network communication (first getting the file to process on HQPlayer then sending the file back to NAA).

It's quite busy at the moment but next year I can easily arrange a remote session with you and install NAA on the server so you can have a play and then decide whether it's worth it or not.

Fantastic!

Sent you a PM as a reminder, so just let me know when things slow down and you have time. 

Hi folks!

I have an eR and uR and iR between my ZEN MKIII and my Dac. Running Roon 1.7 and squeeze mode. Zero problems. Of course, the limit is DSD64.

Forte abraço Nuno!

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any updates on the update @nvitorino ? Thank you

MAIN: Sonore Optical Module Deluxe/Farad Super 3 (7v) > Uptone EtherRegen/Farad Super 3(9v)/AfterDark Emperor Signature/Farad Super 3 (12v) > Innuos Zenith MKII SE (ER A) > ER (B) > Meitner MA-3 DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Ayre VX-5 Twenty Amplifier  > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ Niagara 5000 > AQ (Hurricane)/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata Python/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audience AU24 SE/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver

CABLING: Silversmith Audio Fidelium Speaker/Sablon Pantela Reserva 2020 Lan/Ghent JSSG360 Cat 6/AQ Earth & Pegasus/Aurelis Deuland 75ohm

ISOLATION: Stillpoints/Symposium/IsoAcoustics/Herbie's/PS Audio Powerbase

Yes, give us a timeline if possible. :-)

By the way, I finally managed to order an  Apacer memory module.

Curious if it will have an impact in SQ as it was mentioned so many times when used in NUC's.

I am also planning in using some 3M EMI Absorver 5100.  Any positive experiences out there?

Cheers Jorge

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

• 1 month later...

Hello, I am not able to backup Roon on my Zenith mkIII. Could you please help?

I have an external hard drive connected via USB to the Innuos and I have already back up all the music there. However I think I should also back up Roon to save all my metadata.

I tried Roon Settings - Backups - Backup now but cannot select my external hard disk which is connected to my Innuos.

Is there anything I should activate in MyInnuos beforehand?

thanks for your suggestions

1 hour ago, BPED said:

Hello, I am not able to backup Roon on my Zenith mkIII. Could you please help?

I have an external hard drive connected via USB to the Innuos and I have already back up all the music there. However I think I should also back up Roon to save all my metadata.

I tried Roon Settings - Backups - Backup now but cannot select my external hard disk which is connected to my Innuos.

Is there anything I should activate in MyInnuos beforehand?

thanks for your suggestions

‘On Roon Backups, is that Backup link to your external drive already established, and simply fails? If so, start a backup sequence on Innuos site / settings first, then while it started to run, quickly go to Roon and start the database backup there

6 minutes ago, thyname said:

‘On Roon Backups, is that Backup link to your external drive already established, and simply fails? If so, start a backup sequence on Innuos site / settings first, then while it started to run, quickly go to Roon and start the database backup there

Hi Thyname, thanks for your reply. 

Until recently I didn't have the Innuos, my Mac was the Roon core and I was backing up Roon on a separate hard drive.

Now Innuos is the Roon core, I backup the music files on a hard disk connected to the Innuos. 

Just to be sure, could you please confirm that this is a different thing than backing up Roon metadata? 

Since I changed Roon core, Roon doesn't have any link to a backup folder and doesn't seem to see the hard drive I connected to the Innuos...

Yes, backing up Roon database and Roon metadata is the same thing. We are talking about the same thing.

You will need to create a backup link on Roon settings / backups.

What I am saying is to start the backup (of music) on my.innuos.com first, for that particular external  hard drive you said already set up and done already, then while that starts, immediately go to Roon settings / backup, create one. While the backup is running on my Innuos web interface, Roon should be able to “see” your external hard drive

1 hour ago, thyname said:

Yes, backing up Roon database and Roon metadata is the same thing. We are talking about the same thing.

You will need to create a backup link on Roon settings / backups.

What I am saying is to start the backup (of music) on my.innuos.com first, for that particular external  hard drive you said already set up and done already, then while that starts, immediately go to Roon settings / backup, create one. While the backup is running on my Innuos web interface, Roon should be able to “see” your external hard drive

Hello, it worked thank you. When I started the backup on MyInnuos Roon identified the Hard disk and I started a Roon backup. However, Innuos quickly confirmed that 100% of my music is backed up and finished the process, soon afterwards Roon interrupted the backup saying that the backup directory is no longer available.

So I established a backup path in Roon but cannot backup since it is not active. I am not clear how to proceed in the future...

Let's say that I add some albums as favorite in Roon (in Qobuz), I add some tags and I upload some music files to the Innuos.. How to I backup everything, simply via MyInnuos Backup? If so why establishing a backup path in Roon? 

17 minutes ago, BPED said:

Hello, it worked thank you. When I started the backup on MyInnuos Roon identified the Hard disk and I started a Roon backup. However, Innuos quickly confirmed that 100% of my music is backed up and finished the process, soon afterwards Roon interrupted the backup saying that the backup directory is no longer available.

So I established a backup path in Roon but cannot backup since it is not active. I am not clear how to proceed in the future...

Let's say that I add some albums as favorite in Roon (in Qobuz), I add some tags and I upload some music files to the Innuos.. How to I backup everything, simply via MyInnuos Backup? If so why establishing a backup path in Roon? 

You are on the right track. Now that the link is established on Roon Backups, repeat the procedure again. Start the music back up on my.innuos.com, so that the link with the external hard drive is established, and while that is working, go immediately in Roon Settings/ Backup and initiate the back up again. 

In other words, while the communication link is established in Innuos website, it works on Roon backups as well.

I don't know why this is the case, but that's how it works. Not sure why. But it works all the time for me.

Another consideration:

Try to do Roon back ups in other places. I personally do two additional Roon database backups on my two NASs, and one on my Dropbox. In addition to the external hard drive connected to my Innuos

21 hours ago, thyname said:

You are on the right track. Now that the link is established on Roon Backups, repeat the procedure again. Start the music back up on my.innuos.com, so that the link with the external hard drive is established, and while that is working, go immediately in Roon Settings/ Backup and initiate the back up again. 

In other words, while the communication link is established in Innuos website, it works on Roon backups as well.

I don't know why this is the case, but that's how it works. Not sure why. But it works all the time for me.

Another consideration:

Try to do Roon back ups in other places. I personally do two additional Roon database backups on my two NASs, and one on my Dropbox. In addition to the external hard drive connected to my Innuos

Hello, thanks for suggesting Dropbox, it took me 24 hours but I managed to backup Roon that way. The other option, using the external hard disk doesn't work for me. Also, I contacted Nuno from Innuos who advised against trying that. I followed his instructions and could backup Roon via AutoImport in 20 minutes. I copy below his message for interested users.

thanks again for your patiance and support

"With the ZENith we currently do not support mounting USB drives for backing up Roon. We also don't recommend using the ZENith USB backup drive to place any other data - the backup works with synchronization and this would copy back the files into the ZENith.
At this stage, you will need to backup the Roon database into a network folder. You can use one of the shared folders on the ZENith itself, like Auto-Import, and then copy the backup to a location of your choice using a computer. This is something we are looking to improve in the future."
On 3/17/2020 at 5:59 AM, BPED said:

I followed his instructions and could backup Roon via AutoImport in 20 minutes.

‘Can you please share how exactly to do that?

Are you saying you can backup Roon database to the Zenith’s internal SSD?

Thanks 

I cannot do that right to give you the exact steps now but it should work like this:

I activate Import from "Auto-import" on MyInnuos. In Roon I added the auto-import folder as a backup folder, you may need to add the IP address of your Zenith. Once done the backup I copied the Roon Backup folder (located somewhere on a network folder) to my Mac.

please let me know if it works

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone had success configuring a NAS backup? I can successfully backup to an external USB drive, but when I go through the Configure Backup steps for Network Folder, the process fails:

"The server had a system error. Please restart the server and try again. If the problem persists please contact Innuos Support ([email protected])"

I've reached out to Innuos Support.

Innuos 1.4.3

MacOS 10.15.4

SOtM sNH-10G Switch

Synology Model: DS1815+
Current DSM Version: DSM 6.2.2-24922 Update 4

“We don’t like their sound … and guitar music is on the way out!”

– Decca Records, 1962

Taiko Audio Extreme | Vinnie Rossi L2i SE and L2 DAC | Omega Super Alnico Monitors | JL Audio Fathom Sub

I recently posted a topic in the Roon Community forums about the Synology NAS Hostname no longer working in Roon > Settings > Storage. And there was another topic on that subject dating back to last summer.

Roon does not add Synology shared folder via Hostname

No longer connecting to SMB shares on Synology via Hostname

Attempting to add a Synology NAS shared folder using the Hostname fails with an error message.

smb://synology/Music

But when you use the IP address instead of Hostname, the Synology NAS shared folder is added successfully.

smb://192.168.0.10/Music

I wonder if this same issue is the reason I can not configure a backup to the Synology NAS shared folder within Innuos Settings?

Music Library Configuration

The Innuos online manual section:

Configuring Your Server > Music Library Configuration

Describes adding a NAS shared folder to the Innuos server, by entering the server name or its IP address, and then the path to the folder containing the music.

Integrating Music From a NAS Shared Folder

The Innuos online manual section:

Configuring Your Server > Integrating Music From a NAS Shared Folder

Describes integrating a NAS shared folder into the Music Library by inputing the server name or its IP address, and then the path to the folder you'd like to add.

However ...

Both of those steps require access to the section:

Settings > Music Library > Configure NAS Shared Folders

Which is not available if you have chosen Roon as the Music Server Integration.

And the Configure Backup process states:

"Enter the Server Name of your NAS into the hostname field. The name must be identical to how it appears on your network."

– Decca Records, 1962

Taiko Audio Extreme | Vinnie Rossi L2i SE and L2 DAC | Omega Super Alnico Monitors | JL Audio Fathom Sub

Continuing my exploration of this issue with the Hostname and Synology NAS.

With InnuOS version 1.4.3

There are two locations where the user can input the NAS shared folder path by entering the server name or its IP address:

1) Configuring Your Server > Music Library Configuration

2) Configuring Your Server > Integrating Music From a NAS Shared Folder

But the Configure Backup process states:

"Enter the Server Name of your NAS into the hostname field. The name must be identical to how it appears on your network.”

I have inquired with Innuos Support if they could modify the Configure Backup process, so that it would also work by entering the server name or its IP address. And if they could add that change to InnuOS version 1.4.4.

This might provide a solution to the Hostname issue.

I have not received a reply from Support regarding my inquiries. But given the COVID19 situation, patience is key.

– Decca Records, 1962

5 hours ago, Johnny Moondog said:

Continuing my exploration of this issue with the Hostname and Synology NAS.

With InnuOS version 1.4.3

There are two locations where the user can input the NAS shared folder path by entering the server name or its IP address:

1) Configuring Your Server > Music Library Configuration

2) Configuring Your Server > Integrating Music From a NAS Shared Folder

But the Configure Backup process states:

"Enter the Server Name of your NAS into the hostname field. The name must be identical to how it appears on your network.”

I have inquired with Innuos Support if they could modify the Configure Backup process, so that it would also work by entering the server name or its IP address. And if they could add that change to InnuOS version 1.4.4.

This might provide a solution to the Hostname issue.

I have not received a reply from Support regarding my inquiries. But given the COVID19 situation, patience is key.

‘It’s been a while since I did this with my Innuos and NAS, but I think the key is to create an empty sub folder in your NAS, then back up to that folder, using the NAS’s IP address 

Hope everyone is well.

When might we get a new software update with a more stable squeezelite player @nvitorino ? 

Thank you

MAIN: Sonore Optical Module Deluxe/Farad Super 3 (7v) > Uptone EtherRegen/Farad Super 3(9v)/AfterDark Emperor Signature/Farad Super 3 (12v) > Innuos Zenith MKII SE (ER A) > ER (B) > Meitner MA-3 DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Ayre VX-5 Twenty Amplifier  > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ Niagara 5000 > AQ (Hurricane)/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata Python/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audience AU24 SE/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver

CABLING: Silversmith Audio Fidelium Speaker/Sablon Pantela Reserva 2020 Lan/Ghent JSSG360 Cat 6/AQ Earth & Pegasus/Aurelis Deuland 75ohm

ISOLATION: Stillpoints/Symposium/IsoAcoustics/Herbie's/PS Audio Powerbase

I do not think this is an Innuos issue.

Within Roon, using the Synology NAS hostname worked for a long time. But as of last summer it stop working, and the workaround since then has been to use the IP address. (see the Roon forum topics I linked to above)

Not sure whether this was due to a Synology DSM update, macOS update, Roon update, or some combination.

And so for Roon external storage, you have to assign a static IP address to the Synology NAS.

In macOS Catalina, I can still connect to the Synology NAS with its hostname — “smb://synology” or “afp://synology.local” — both of those being recommended within the Synology NAS Control Panel > File Services.

Although last October, this article was posted online:

Connection Problem Between Synology NAS and macOS Catalina

... with the conclusion that connecting via SMB using the IP address was the most reliable solution. Example: “smb://192.168.0.10”

However I've found that using AFP, the native file sharing protocol, to have the best performance. See this article:

AFP vs. SMB and NFS File Sharing for Network Clients

18 hours ago, NYCEnglish said:

I'm not sure it's an Innuos issue as NAS backups work fine for me with no issues. I also have a Mac but my NAS is a QNAP.

Thank you. That's the kind of clue I was looking for. If you are successfully backing up to the QNAP using its hostname, I would presume that points the finger at the Synology.

18 hours ago, thyname said:

‘It’s been a while since I did this with my Innuos and NAS, but I think the key is to create an empty sub folder in your NAS, then back up to that folder, using the NAS’s IP address

I had tried this before, but with no success — creating a sub-folder “Backup” within the NAS shared folder “ZENITH”.

But because the Innuos Configure Backup process states:

“Enter the Server Name of your NAS into the hostname field. The name must be identical to how it appears on your network.”

... I entered the hostname “synology”, and the shared folder “ZENITH”, but after entering the User/Password, received the error message:

“The server had a system error. Please restart the server and try again.”

Because of the Roon experience described above, I started the process over. But this time entered the server IP address instead of the hostname. That successfully reached the page “Choose folder for backup” with “Root > Backup” folder displayed.

At that time I must have misunderstood the instructions to “choose folder”, thinking since “Backup” was the only sub-folder listed below “Root”, there was nothing to choose. And perhaps also thinking, since there was no button to select next to the sub-folder, there was no action to take. So I selected “NEXT” to proceed and then received the error message again.

After reading your comments above, I decided to try the process again. Entered the IP address instead of the requested Server Name, but when I reached the “Choose folder for backup” window, I actually clicked on the sub-folder “Backup” and voila! It configured the backup path!

Innuos > Music Library > Configure Backup > Network Folder: //192.168.0.10/ZENITH/Backup

So thank you both for your comments. It motivated me to try yet again!

I will now run the Backup process and see what happens.

– Decca Records, 1962

• 1 month later...