IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

On 1/3/2021 at 11:59 AM, Jud said:

Is someone familiar with PCBs able to tell me whether this looks like a PCB lifted from gaming headset electronics, or might actually be a PCB for a DAP?

This board is entirely plausible as a DAP. There's a card slot bottom left, a USB (C?) socket left centre and an audio out jack above that. On the right halfway down there's a connector that looks like it could feed an LCD screen. Right at the bottom there's an RF connector perhaps for BT or WiFi. The only mystery to me is why the 4 off ES9038Q2M DAC chips for a stereo unit? Do they need to headline an exceptionally low noise floor through paralleling?

1 minute ago, TomScrut said:

I didn't know they got made.

Did they do any of the VI DACs? 

Not that I'm aware of.

3 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Where is this update?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geek-wave-a-no-compromise-portable-music-player?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=bck-01022021update&utm_term=#/updates/all

but you should also receive it via email if you've allowed Indiegogo to do that.

On 11/2/2020 at 5:16 PM, EdmontonCanuck said:

I wish they would just come right out and admit that the Wave won't be delivered rather than playing these silly "if you don't want to wait take this instead" game. Of course I'd take the Stella if I knew the Wave won't be delivered....who wouldn't? Of course it's better to get something rather than nothing, even though I don't need nor want an IEM.

This whole saga is really depressing.

The thing is, I have my suspicions that these IEPs could have been designed and made to effectively shut people up. Make them with an artificially high RRP and then palm them off on people willing to have something rather than nothing.

Does anybody know of anyone that has actually bought these headphones at RRP? Where would you buy them?

1 minute ago, AgentXXL said:

Not that I'm aware of.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geek-wave-a-no-compromise-portable-music-player?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=bck-01022021update&utm_term=#/updates/all

but you should also receive it via email if you've allowed Indiegogo to do that.

Thanks, I don't sub to the Wave as I didn't back it but I thought I had checked it's page.

Is there any way of contacting LH now? It seems they haven't a website yet are doing updates to Indiegogo! Very odd.

Just now, TomScrut said:

Thanks, I don't sub to the Wave as I didn't back it but I thought I had checked it's page.

Is there any way of contacting LH now? It seems they haven't a website yet are doing updates to Indiegogo! Very odd.

To my knowledge, most attempts at contacting 'them' have been through the main Light Harmonic website. I suspect 'them' is really only Larry Ho these days, and I'm certain he's not courageous enough to reach out and contact/apologize to individuals. He's always used his former schill, @stuck limo.

http://lightharmonic.com/

14 hours ago, germay0653 said:

We're pretty much in the same boat.  For me, it was over $10K and I have nothing, a big fat goose egg, to show for it.  I trusted Larry's reputation based on the Da Vinci and got burned badly!  Suffice it to say, Crowdfunding will not be in my future.

The same for me re: crowdfunding. The whole LH fiasco has made it very difficult for me to support any further crowd-funding campaigns. I've only supported one on Kickstarter since, but it was a guaranteed item and was delivered as promised. There has been a few Indiegogo campaigns that I've been interested in, but as Indiegogo themselves won't take any responsibility or action against LH, I refuse to give them anymore business. And I now warn acquaintances whenever they mention they're thinking about contributing to a campaign. The closest I've come to crowd-funding since has been Drop (MassDrop), but everything I've ordered from them has come through as expected.

And for those interested, Fiio responded to my support request about the BTR5 that blew up when the battery overheated. Even though it happened 1 week past warranty, they're willing to repair it for a very affordable surcharge as long as I send the unit back to them in China. They asked that I remove the battery before shipping so I've had to disassemble it further, but they said no problem, they'll repair or replace it.

I also bit the bullet and ordered the Q5s TC. It might get here today, but tomorrow for sure. Looking forward to trying it out, especially as it has the much more powerful amplifier and can support some full-size cans as well as my IEMs.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there anyway for me to join the Class Action Lawsuit.

LHLabs offered to send me a few IEMs in exchange for my Wave and now has cut off email communication after I questioned the postage charges of $80 considering I have already paid them thousands.

The nerve to ask for more money after 6 years of delay.

I'm happy to lodge a complaint with the DAs office or an Amicus Curiae as I will be travelling to the USA once this COVID business is under control.

4 hours ago, gikigill said:

Is there anyway for me to join the Class Action Lawsuit.

LHLabs offered to send me a few IEMs in exchange for my Wave and now has cut off email communication after I questioned the postage charges of $80 considering I have already paid them thousands.

The nerve to ask for more money after 6 years of delay.

I'm happy to lodge a complaint with the DAs office or an Amicus Curiae as I will be travelling to the USA once this COVID business is under control.

The complaints to government agencies - not a class action lawsuit, as earlier posts in this thread point out - long ago were filed.  It is not possible to join now.  We, however, requested that any governmental relief be extended to all purchasers, whether named in a complaint or not, so you may receive the same benefits as those who are parties to the filings. 

That said, it looks as though nothing has changed at LH. I am sorry you have had yet another terrible experience doing business with the worst seller in the world. 

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

Gavin Fish is shamelessly proud of his achievements: https://gavin.fish/about/

"In 2017, Gavin returned to technical consulting after a successful career in digital marketing and crowdfunding in the high-end audio field, where he was called The Big Crowdfunding Lebowski because of his ability to raise capital through that platform. Gavin was the first person to achieve back-to-back campaigns that surpassed $1MM raised. He broke records again when he achieved the feat back-to-back-to-back."

19 minutes ago, hopkins said:

Gavin Fish is shamelessly proud of his achievements: https://gavin.fish/about/

"In 2017, Gavin returned to technical consulting after a successful career in digital marketing and crowdfunding in the high-end audio field, where he was called The Big Crowdfunding Lebowski because of his ability to raise capital through that platform. Gavin was the first person to achieve back-to-back campaigns that surpassed $1MM raised. He broke records again when he achieved the feat back-to-back-to-back."

Wow.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Wow.

Larry Ho was a speaker in at least one seminar in Taiwan as an expert on launching businesses through crowdfunding, though that was a few years ago. It might still be on a Taiwanese/Chinese CV, though - who knows?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I have brought this up before, but here I go again: If we want Larry Ho to listen to us, then, someone needs to go to China based Hi-Fi forums and tell them what happened in the USA. You should include links to this forum and the ones in Head-Fi. I'll be happy to help out with some guidance (I am an expert on online marketing).

In the past, LH Labs offered me money NOT to do this. I know for a fact this is their Achilles heel. 

Larry may not give everything back, but he is very likely to "reward" the individuals who threaten his reputation/business. 

15 minutes ago, Jud said:

Larry Ho was a speaker in at least one seminar in Taiwan as an expert on launching businesses through crowdfunding, though that was a few years ago. It might still be on a Taiwanese/Chinese CV, though - who knows?

Just when you think it can't be worse, it is. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png