IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

• 1 month later...
On 7/26/2020 at 2:56 PM, stuck limo said:

For further updates on LH L, please keep watching IGG. We will probably only be responding on audio forums in future in case of emergencies, mega-events (nature of TBD) or serious respectful private requests for the foreseeable and planned future.

I keep watching IGG all the time, but it seems you can't help my problem on the IEM you sent.

Then, I have no choice but say this again here: You site is not secure, so I can't risk myself access it.(which means I can't open a ticket for my IEM)

I believe this is a problem Larry can solve, but he must be busy having his "moon cakes", no?

• 5 weeks later...

So I see that LH is now offering the same exchange program for the Wave - either Stella or Mera IEMs at a '30% discount' over the SRP on their website. As I'm still owed over $6K US in product, I'm considering taking them up on the offer this time. I passed on the Pulse DAC exchange offer as I just didn't need another set of IEMs at the time, nor could I use them without 1st getting a new DAC/Amp.

Since then my go-to Shure SE846 have begun to show some connection issues that are really the MMCX connectors and not the cabling itself. I see that the Stella and Mera also use MMCX so that bothers me a little. But more importantly, are they worth the $900 US?

Can anyone speak to how they compare to my SE846 IEMs (using the bass insert)? I've read a few reviews and while they seem to be acceptable, I'm just not that enthusiastic about using a LH product given all the trouble we've had with the company. But I guess getting something for my money is better than nothing.

I have been able to acquire a Fiio BTR5 that I'm fairly happy with when my Shure IEMS have a stable connection. So I have a unit with the dual ES9218 DACs that were supposed to come with the Pulse/Wave. At a whopping $150 CAD. Man, were we ever getting gouged for this stuff.

Anyone else considering this offer or any comments from those that took part in the Pulse exchange program?

On 10/31/2020 at 4:34 AM, jjraffin said:

I'm owed a Wave, Vi, and Source ... and I barely remember if anything else. So, does it matter to what specification the Wave was?

And a copy of the link, please.

The exchange program for Wave was posted to the Indiegogo updates section for the LH Wave campaign on Oct. 30th. I also received it via email. Essentially if you contributed more than $900 US you can get the Stella, or more than $210 for the Mera.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geek-wave-a-no-compromise-portable-music-player/x/5746753?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=bck-10302020update&utm_term=#/updates/all

Just submitted my Claim for 1 pair of MERA in Scarlet Color in exchange for my GEEK Wave XD128 which never saw the light of day.

I will not HOLD MY BREADTH. If it comes then close off this UGLY incident  = 1 for the experience. 

Best luck to all of us who have suffered all this years,

Kelvin

6 hours ago, breadman said:

If you follow the link to their (Light Harmonic) website and click the link to purchase on amazon, they are on sale for $495 which is a lot less than $1299. So it looks like they need to reduce them by 62% to try and sell them, so giving them away seems like a good option  

That's not LH themselves selling them on Amazon, unless it's a shell company for Larry. ATSQ Technology (based in Australia) is listed as run by Andy Quah. Likely suspect he's another contributor who got a pair on the previous offer and decided to list them for sale rather than keep them. Based on the reviews I've read, I'm not likely to find the Stella (and certainly not the Mera) worth it. If they want to offer me a pair of Oscars at a real discount, then maybe we'll see.

OK, let's just say that LHL delivers on the Wave. I know, I know.

Considering all of us that own bricks with fancy names like 'Pulse' and 'LPS', what possibly could go wrong with the Wave?

I may end this 6 1/2 comedy and take some earbuds. At least they have a better chance of lasting a year. Maybe.

I have given more than $8000 to this horrible campaign for the Vi DAC. After sending numerous support tickets through the years and received little to no response, I have sent direct email to the various members of the scam at Light Harmonic. First they were looking into it for me and that changed to the DAC will be sent out soon. Now there is no reply to any of my emails. I am seeking answers. This is very wrong and extremely frustrating. If there is a class action lawsuit or legal vehicle of some kind, please include me in this effort.

• 3 weeks later...

I am still waiting for a Pulse Infinity, I am from the UK.

Is it too late for me to be added to the list, and also given I am in the UK is there any point?

Having not been paying much attention to new audio gear I haven't been paying attention to these forums either but just thought it's about 7 years since I made that mistake....

13 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

I am still waiting for a Pulse Infinity, I am from the UK.

Is it too late for me to be added to the list, and also given I am in the UK is there any point?

Having not been paying much attention to new audio gear I haven't been paying attention to these forums either but just thought it's about 7 years since I made that mistake....

Hello, Tom.  Good to hear from you and sorry that you did not get your products.

Last year, we submitted a complaint to the California State Attorney General's office, but it declined to proceed because it could not establish contact with LH or any representative.  We then filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. 

The complaint had well over 100 submitters, from every continent but Antarctica.  There was good representation of the worldwide victim class, across all product lines, so I doubt that one more on the list will affect the outcome.

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

15 minutes ago, Mike Rubin said:

Hello, Tom.  Good to hear from you and sorry that you did not get your products.

Last year, we submitted a complaint to the California State Attorney General's office, but it declined to proceed because it could not establish contact with LH or any representative.  We then filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. 

The complaint had well over 100 submitters, from every continent but Antarctica.  There was good representation of the worldwide victim class, across all product lines, so I doubt that one more on the list will affect the outcome.

Ah OK that's fine then.

If there is an outcome which somehow recovers money I presume everyone would benefit not just the ones on the list?

• 1 month later...

Here is a photo from LH's latest update purporting to be of one of the PCBs inside the Geek Wave digital audio player. The biggest chip on the board is an Eros E2, which is able to handle 32/384 audio data from what I understand, but whose primary use currently is for virtual audio environments for Eros gaming headsets. Is someone familiar with PCBs able to tell me whether this looks like a PCB lifted from gaming headset electronics, or might actually be a PCB for a DAP? Thanks.

PCB.jpg

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

5 hours ago, Jud said:

Here is a photo from LH's latest update purporting to be of one of the PCBs inside the Geek Wave digital audio player. The biggest chip on the board is an Eros E2, which is able to handle 32/384 audio data from what I understand, but whose primary use currently is for virtual audio environments for Eros gaming headsets. Is someone familiar with PCBs able to tell me whether this looks like a PCB lifted from gaming headset electronics, or might actually be a PCB for a DAP? Thanks.

PCB.jpg

The PCB is not even mounted and does not appear to align with the pictured case.  LOL, how reassuring.

mQa is dead!

23 hours ago, Jud said:

The biggest chip on the board is an Eros E2, which is able to handle 32/384 audio data from what I understand, but whose primary use currently is for virtual audio environments for Eros gaming headsets. Is someone familiar with PCBs able to tell me whether this looks like a PCB lifted from gaming headset electronics, or might actually be a PCB for a DAP? Thanks.

PCB.jpg

This is used as the microprocessor for the Wave. The Wave still uses ESS Sabre DAC chips for audio.