IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

Jarek's absolutely right, no reason to be bothered by him. I'm sure he only wishes he could get as much of a reaction to his applications for those online job listings as he does in this thread. 🙂

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

From Gavin's website:

ABOUT GAVIN

Gavin began his technical training in 1997 at Packard Bell NEC University, earning his Microsoft Systems Engineering and Network Engineering certificates, along with his Database Administration and Web Application Development certificates. He also completed his Novell Engineering Certificate.

Gavin launched his first technology consulting firm, ODT Technical Services, in 2000. He built up a large clientele in the Sacramento, CA region. Ultimately, he sold the business to a friend and colleague, who continues to grow it.

In 2017, Gavin returned to technical consulting after a successful career in digital marketing and crowdfunding in the high-end audio field, where he was called The Big Crowdfunding Lebowski because of his ability to raise capital through that platform. Gavin was the first person to achieve back-to-back campaigns that surpassed $1MM raised. He broke records again when he achieved the feat back-to-back-to-back.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

2 hours ago, Jud said:

Jarek's absolutely right, no reason to be bothered by him. I'm sure he only wishes he could get as much of a reaction to his applications for those online job listings as he does in this thread. 🙂

I'm planning on retiring within the next few years. Then I'm thinking of going to law school to fill my time. 

The person who holds the most blame is Gavin, IMO. He is the one who turned a $300 Geek Pulse into a $1200 product with more perks than anyone could sanely managed to build and distribute. My impression (going by things relayed to me that I can't share) is that he essentially shafted Larry.  He obviously knew that the Wave could never be made and bailed out, leaving Larry with an impossible mess, and presumably no money other than his own, and no-one willing to touch LHLabs with a 10 foot barge pole.

It seems Larry then found the odd company that had no idea what had gone on with LHLabs and managed to strike deals with them, until they found out the history and ran as fast as they could.

I once PM'ed a guy who was talking up LHLabs, back in about 2014 or 2015, telling that person about major red flags with the company, but not realising how buddy-buddy they were with the company. Next thing I know, at a CanJam I get veiled threats from Larry about what I'd said, while in the same conversation he's talking about how he had made $12m that year. 

IANAL but someone needs to focus on that payment LHLabs requested for shipping for the Wave, as surely it counts as wire fraud, given they never shipped anything.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Interesting that I just got an email from Indiegogo asking for feedback regarding a different campaign I supported. This campaign  fulfilled its obligation back in December 2020 (nothing like timeliness for feedback). One of the survey questions listed a multiple choice for how to improve and one of the available choices included the ability to request a refund... 

I wonder how many of us contacted IGG to inform them of all the LH Lab campaigns failing to deliver and that most of us would gladly accept a refund.

Isn't this just fine and dandy if not a day late and $6M short and for the wrong campaign...

🤣🤣🤣

I hope this thread is alive. Jon Gavin Fish aka Gavin Fish has decided to steal my companies work in his new endeavor as a "true crime podcaster". I would be ever grateful if someone could pass on the list of victims and the complaint. I know this isn't exactly relating to seemingly robbing you all but just a tale of another victim of Mr. Fish.