IGNORED

A novel way to massively improve the SQ of computer audio streaming

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

Important and useful information about this thread

Posting guidelines

History and index of useful posts

Most important: please realize this thread is about bleeding edge experimentation and discovery. No one has The Answer™. If you are not into tweaking, just know that you can have a musically satisfying system without doing any of the nutty things we do here.

15 minutes ago, austinpop said:

The Lush cable is a good cable, but it does not substitute for components like the tX-USBultra or the ISO-Regen. Not sure what you're asking?

Thank you as my question is answered. I will plan on purchasing a tx-USBhubEX and clock it from the sMS-200ultra.

7 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Sorry can’t help you in this area, good luck with your adventure

2 hours ago, mozes said:

Sorry can’t help you in this area, good luck with your adventure

Thanks anyway Moussa! As far as I see it word clock cables is just normal coaxial cables, so I guess a little common sense is enough to find a good one. I will start with the one I found in 15cm. If it works good I will take the next step and special order the optimal one. ?

🎛️  Audio System  

12 hours ago, savjam said:

Could someone tell me if internet sharing (wireless bridge) on a MAC OS is equivalent to the bridging/direct connection?

Well as far as I see it a wireless bridge in general (both iOS and Windows) is equivalent, with the difference that one is wireless and the other is wired.

🎛️  Audio System  

21 hours ago, Cornan said:

Thanks anyway Moussa! As far as I see it word clock cables is just normal coaxial cables, so I guess a little common sense is enough to find a good one. I will start with the one I found in 15cm. If it works good I will take the next step and special order the optimal one. ?

Why not email Ghent ?

You should add JSSG. Clock cables are more sensitive than females ?

33 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Why not email Ghent ?

You should add JSSG. Clock cables are more sensitive than females ?

I have already ordered.my trial cable from a local shop. Expecting it to arrive tomorrow. If the clock path turns out better than expected I will surely order a better cable with JSSG from either Ghent or ATL Hi-Fi. ?

🎛️  Audio System  

59 minutes ago, marce said:

Use a standard 75 Ohm co-ax cable (the one you have bought looks perfect for the job) for the clock, don't add anything to it clocks are sensitive, just a basic co-ax and a controlled impedance line. It is a clock line and its return, don't mess about with it.

Thanks marce! ? Unfortunately the U.FL sockets on the BluWave board is 50 ohms, so I ordered a similar 50 ohm coaxial cable with SMA to U.FL (actually used for wifi antennas) plus a SMA to BNC male adapter for my initial clock trial. I know I can do a much better cable, but I just wanted to get something quick for my initial trial.

This is the one I ordered in 15cm plus BNC male adapter.

ID851_MED.thumb.jpg.27cb242b2645d9ac0e5b3b3d7f670563.jpg

🎛️  Audio System  

35 minutes ago, marce said:

If you can get one made up go for that, they will be tested and you will no that the connections are done correctly, and for the intended use the connectors must be terminated correctly, any mismatch will play havoc with the signal integrity.

Thanks, I will as soon as I have tried how the trial approach works out. 

However, today I got a bit mind blown by the KEF LS50 wireless speakers at a local hifi shop. It really got me thinking about where I am heading! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

6 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Thanks, I will as soon as I have tried how the trial approach works out. 

However, today I got a bit mind blown by the KEF LS50 wireless speakers at a local hifi shop. It really got me thinking about where I am heading! ?

I listened to these speakers and they were impressive for their size and simplicity. It makes you think, do we really need all those long chains to enjoy music?

Just now, mozes said:

I listened to these speakers and they were impressive for their size and simplicity. It makes you think, do we really need all those long chains to enjoy music?

Exactly!I have already started to figure out what to keep and what to sell! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

4 hours ago, mozes said:

Really??  It doesn't get any simpler than Server =>DAC=>Speakers.  I doubt the wireless LS50 could even mop the floor near an sCLK-EX system (can't say for sure since I've never heard the LS50).  I've never found an all in one system (same brand purchase) to be as good as separates.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

5 hours ago, Em2016 said:

As they say, there's no such thing as a free lunch. There's always trade-offs with the all-in-one approach, just as there are always trade-offs with adding more pasta to the spaghetti solution approach.

It's always a constant juggling act between trade-offs. That's the fun of it all though !  lol

Sorry, but I find this response complete nonsense.  There doesn't have to be any trade offs.  Just system synergy with simplicity.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)