IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

"2. Sonicorbiter now have the ability to add a custom USBhardware address for certain devices that need to be initialed in ALSA with a none standard hardware address. FYI Most devices will not need this feature. However, one such device that needs this feature is a Schitt Gungnir DAC that is based on a C-MediaUSB receiver chip. The Schitt Gungnir DAC works best when setup to hardware address hw:1,1."

Also does this apply to both the orginal version of the Gungnir and the newer Gungnir Multibit? Thanks much.

Jesus, please provide specific instructions on how to set the hardware address to "hw:1,1" so I can setup my microRendu for use with my Schiit Gungnir Multibit. I searched the microrendu user manual & didn't see it there. Thanks so much!

I would like to know this as well. I am using Yggy which also uses the C-media receiver chip and drivers.

Ok received my uRendu, hooked it up to my Benchmark 2, hooked up an Ethernet cable from my router to my Rendu, changed Fidelizer to streaming, set HqPlayer to NAA, clicked on the Rendu ip, powered the Rendu with the iFi 9 volt feed and no music. I cannot drag and drop music files into HQP. What am I doing wrong?

Ok I figured it out. Did not really set to NAA in HQP.

lucky guy , mine is not yet shipped .. is there a additional delay for EU customer ?

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

The PS price was just lowered on the Sonore page, it initially was a typo. Current price is $1,399.

I guess so. I looked a few days ago and it said $2399.So now the question remains as to why it would be an advantage over the John Swenson designed $925 UpTone Audio JS-2 who has done the design work of the µRendu.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Is there any breakin' time for the Rendu? So far it sounds very good.
Opinions will vary, but IMHE everything with circuits or drivers benefits from break-in time, usually ~100hrs, although some manufs suggest their gear will continue to evolve for 500hrs.

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

A quite clever business model to avoid the uR cannabalizing the Rendu Signature if you ask me. For this combo-pricing it has to wipe the feet under almost every competitive system out there.

I'm happy that they were able to offer the mR at $640 and leave the p/s choice up to the customer. For $50, I'd start with the IFI p/s regardless so I'd at least have a baseline to evaluate future p/s upgrades with my system and ears.

edit - OUT FOR DELIVERY :)

I guess so. I looked a few days ago and it said $2399.So now the question remains as to why it would be an advantage over the John Swenson designed $925 UpTone Audio JS-2 who has done the design work of the µRendu.

I just received the JS-2 a couple weeks ago, my MicroRendu delivers tomorrow. If you like I can report back as to how the combo sounds but 1) its not like its going to be bad 2) I don't have any other supplies to compare against. Don't forget the JS-2 has two DC outputs (I will be running my DAC off the other one) so you get a 'two-in-one' for that $925.

I just received the JS-2 a couple weeks ago, my MicroRendu delivers tomorrow. If you like I can report back as to how the combo sounds but 1) its not like its going to be bad 2) I don't have any other supplies to compare against. Don't forget the JS-2 has two DC outputs (I will be running my DAC off the other one) so you get a 'two-in-one' for that $925.

I have an UpTone JS-2 already and Vinnie Rossi LIO with the mod so the µRendu can be powered from the ultracaps.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Ok, just ordered one, hopefully it will outperform 1) my macbook pro and 2) my ex Auralic Aries.

MacBook Pro + Roon > Airport Extreme > microRendu + mbps-d2s > Auralic Vega > McIntosh MC275 > Yamaha NS-2000

Wired with: High Fidelity CT-1 Enhanced RCA, Revelation Audio Labs, Fadel Art Coherence PC

Can I use a 5v iFI supply until my 7v arrives ?

No, do not even try it.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Is there any breakin' time for the Rendu? So far it sounds very good.

I have heard both breakin and warm up. The warm up time is at least two hours to let things thermally stabilize. It seems to me that breakin is at least 50 hours of play time (not just powered up time) . You may get some slight improvement after 50 hours.

John S.

I got my Rendu this morning and although it sounded really good out of the box, by the afternoon it sounded fantastic. It really is beyond my expectations. I'm using the Sotm battery supply, btw.

PS Audio P5 Power Plant>HQ Player Mac Book Pro BootCamp Win10>NAA Mac Mini BootCamp Win 10>REGEN Green>REGEN Amber>IFI iDSD Micro>BHSE>Stax SR-009

I got my Rendu this morning and although it sounded really good out of the box, by the afternoon it sounded fantastic. It really is beyond my expectations. I'm using the Sotm battery supply, btw.

Will be VERY interested in any forthcoming reports on how this PSU compares with the Uptone "Mystery" PSU since looks like they'll be on par price-wise.

I have heard both breakin and warm up. The warm up time is at least two hours to let things thermally stabilize. It seems to me that breakin is at least 50 hours of play time (not just powered up time) . You may get some slight improvement after 50 hours.

John S.

Generally a good idea to just leave it on 24/7, even with the 9V iFi PSU?