IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Received mine today too. But unable to find device in network, I'm getting 'No Music Server Is Found On Your Network' off sonicorbiter.com. I'm working with Andrew, so hopefully tomorrow?...but it's killing me having it here and not being able to use it! I've tried rebooting everything to no avail. All other ethernet devices are displayed under Network, just not the microRendu. I have a green and orange light on the back. Apparently I'm the only one having a problem? Should be so plug and play easy the way Sonore has it set up.

What power supply are you using.

Let me understand. You cant upsample beyond dsd64 on NAA period?

This is likely a problem somewhere in Ted's setup/network/USB DAC/drivers and how it interacts with the microRendu.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Set mine up late today. Tried NAA, MPD (with drive mounter finding my NAS folders) and Kazoo (had to rebuild Minimserver cuz it was my multichannel library). Sounds very good. One troublesome issue is NAA; it will severely drop out anything above DSD64, whether direct SDm or upsampling anything/everything. My driver is the Amanero Combo384 running DoP (Fore Audio DAISy1, a dac I can upsample glitch-free to DSD512 if using Windows ASIO in my NAA). Powering with my JS-2.

That board only supports DoP. Can you enable "Pipeline SDM" setting in HQPlayer.

You go into the GUI in Settings/System Settings/Custom DAC. Then give it a unique name and enter hw:0,1 if you have a microRendu. It would be hw:1,1 on the the Sonicorbiter SE.

Thanks, Jesus. So excited to get this up and running.

Further comments on the uRendu. Do you remember that Koehler commercial on tv that shows a lady talking to a designer. She points to a beautifully sculpted faucet and tells the designer to build a house around the Koehler piece. Since I am getting a Vinnie DHT I kind of feel that is what the Rendu is to me. So far 13.5 hours on it and it keeps getting better. I keep playing it loud but that causes feedback elsewhere in the system which I then fix by an Aurious here an Aurious there. The whole organic feel of the sound is palpable. I got up at 3:30 am to fire it up. It was worth it.

I am a little disappointed if I cant play dsd128 on it since I have a Vinnie DHT coming(with provision for powering the Rendu and pcm/dsd module) .

I didn't know Vinnie had a Directly Heated Triode product. This is going to be a wicked combination.

What speakers and DAC are you pairing them with?

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Yes, already went through that page as well as this one by the time I finished my post:

VR DHT PRE at AXPONA (where it was used with a microrendu too).

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

That board only supports DoP. Can you enable "Pipeline SDM" setting in HQPlayer.

Yes, I stated that (DoP) and yes I have pipeline enabled.. Heck, I have CUDA enabled. My machine is a beast and does DSD512 easily, and multichannel upsampling to DSD256 easily.

HQP's settings sees Amanero's DSD128 (i.e 5.6mhz and 6.2Mhz) but music is unlistenable; too many dropouts. I've even gotten a couple at DSD64. Weird; too early to conclude anything, of course.

Not true. We have 12 emails between us. Am I going to have to put you in time out:)

same for me , no news about my 29 april order ?

( P.S it will be nice that you open your private mail for that kind of questions.. :)

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

Yes, I stated that (DoP) and yes I have pipeline enabled.. Heck, I have CUDA enabled. My machine is a beast and does DSD512 easily, and multichannel upsampling to DSD256 easily.

HQP's settings sees Amanero's DSD128 (i.e 5.6mhz and 6.2Mhz) but music is unlistenable; too many dropouts. I've even gotten a couple at DSD64. Weird; too early to conclude anything, of course.

Am using Sonic Transporter/microRendu to play DSD128 into Lampizator Amenaro USB with zero problems/dropouts.

Also this one.

New DHT Line Stage

Cool, it would be interesting to know if in his LIO modular configuration, you can use the DHT pre with the tubes module at amp stage instead of the MOSFET

- that should be great with high rate DSD

Will be using Vinnie's dac. Speakers are Monolith III's

You may get much better results with speakers of at least 94dB efficiency, seeing this is a SET DHT, especially if your room is spacious.

Looking forward to your listening impressions with high rate DSD and the microrendu!

You may get much better results with speakers of at least 94dB efficiency, seeing this is a SET DHT

Generally true, but not applicable in this case as its a line stage, not a power amp.

Glad to hear that some LIO fans are going to take advantage of the Vinnie's PS strategy with microRendu. Nice synergy there.

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

Generally true, but not applicable in this case as its a line stage, not a power amp.

Ah, true, true. But... once you have a SET DHT somewhere in the chain, you'd rather not put anything else other than another SET DHT after IMO. I'd still look to pair this with highly efficient speakers.

What power supply are you using.

iFi PS. Got it working this am. A matter of some settings and restarting things.

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

Jesus, I would also appreciate some guidance about how to set the hardware address to "hw: 1,1". My microrendu arrived today and an Yggy is coming tomorrow. Thanks.

I didn't have to set the hw address to use it with my Yggdrasil DAC. I just plugged it in and it started working.

This device is great, it really is a Porsche 918 Spyder!

(I'm using it with my HDPlex power supply. I expect to get to Weissach package level will take a better PSU. More later...)

My system here

I didn't have to set the hw address to use it with my Yggdrasil DAC. I just plugged it in and it started working.

Me neither, with my Schiit Gungnir Multibit DAC. I just changed it hw:0,1 anyway as Jesus instructed above. Should this affect SQ or just connectivity?

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

I believe the board only does DOP to 128. It only goes to 512 with an ASIO driver.