IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Jesus, I would also appreciate some guidance about how to set the hardware address to "hw: 1,1". My microrendu arrived today and an Yggy is coming tomorrow. Thanks.

You go into the GUI in Settings/System Settings/Custom DAC. Then give it a unique name and enter hw:0,1 if you have a microRendu. It would be hw:1,1 on the the Sonicorbiter SE.

Update #1

Make no mistake, this product is intended to give you goosebumps.

Jesus R

I got 'em!!!

THANK YOU Jesus

Postman threw the thing threw my building's barred gate. Thankfully, - no damage...

This guy sounds incredible. I have some Herbies micro-tender-feet under it and brass weight on top. Using the Teradak 9v power supply & it's going to HiFace II USB to SPDIF converter into my APL SPDIF input... Sounds A-MAZING.

Running Squeezelite right now, - (shows up as my 4th Squeezebox player), - but will try minimServer soon, - then Roon.

At first sonicorbiter.com didn't see the device, - (I had it hooked up to my 2 fiber FMCs and it didn't see it. So, - I'll try rebooting the FMCs in a little while).

But so far, it sounds bloody incredible!!!!

So psyched!!!

I received the mRendu today and rushed home from work to get it connected, the configuration was no sweat and I set some music to play while I had dinner and let some thermal equilibrium/stability take place.

The sound is outstanding! This blows away my aging compromise streamer, the Airport Express and it's Redbook/AirPlay limitation, as well as the workable yet kludgy ChromeCast Audio as DLNA renderer through BubbleUPnP. No contest, mRendu by a country mile and then some.

Which raises a question, with Bubble UPnP still running over the top of a JRiver server, do I want to keep the settings I used with the CCA whereby ALAC files were transcoded to .WAV? I'm thinking yes because the computer has a powerful CPU and can do the Lossless file unfolding no sweat, and my network is having no trouble at all sending the resulting larger file sizes dropout/glitch free.

Or, is it somehow advantageous to leave the files as lossless and let the mRendu unfold them (if in fact that's even an option)?

Lastly, I'm using JRemote as a controller, what is the advantage of configuring Open Home and using Linn Kazoo? Is that the only way to play gapless, or are there other benefits to that as well?

Thanks very much in advance, I'm a relative noob with streaming.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

Set mine up late today. Tried NAA, MPD (with drive mounter finding my NAS folders) and Kazoo (had to rebuild Minimserver cuz it was my multichannel library). Sounds very good. One troublesome issue is NAA; it will severely drop out anything above DSD64, whether direct SDm or upsampling anything/everything. My driver is the Amanero Combo384 running DoP (Fore Audio DAISy1, a dac I can upsample glitch-free to DSD512 if using Windows ASIO in my NAA). Powering with my JS-2.

Comparing the mrendu against a ChromeCast Audio seems way too easy to decide who the winner will be ...

As for your question about Linn Kazoo, this is a control point built for OpenHome renderers. Non OpenHome renderers just wont be seen by Linn Kazoo. Configuring OpenHome Server on the microrendu will "wrap" it inside an OpenHome layer, making it visible to Linn Kazoo. On the other hand, BubbleUPnP control point can operate with both non-OpenHome and OpenHome renderers, so configuring OpenHome on the mrendu is not strictly necessary if you mainly intend to use Bubble as your control point. As a renderer, the mrendu also handles gapless playback, and the OpenHome layer plays no role here. Apart from making a renderer visible to OpenHome control points, the main advantage of configuring OpenHome is that now the playlists are stored inside the renderer. You can shutdown your control point, and the playlist will continue to play. You can then restart your control point (the same or another one) and retake control of the playlist.

Hope this helps.

I received the mRendu today and rushed home from work to get it connected, the configuration was no sweat and I set some music to play while I had dinner and let some thermal equilibrium/stability take place.

The sound is outstanding! This blows away my aging compromise streamer, the Airport Express and it's Redbook/AirPlay limitation, as well as the workable yet kludgy ChromeCast Audio as DLNA renderer through BubbleUPnP. No contest, mRendu by a country mile and then some.

Which raises a question, with Bubble UPnP still running over the top of a JRiver server, do I want to keep the settings I used with the CCA whereby ALAC files were transcoded to .WAV? I'm thinking yes because the computer has a powerful CPU and can do the Lossless file unfolding no sweat, and my network is having no trouble at all sending the resulting larger file sizes dropout/glitch free.

Or, is it somehow advantageous to leave the files as lossless and let the mRendu unfold them (if in fact that's even an option)?

Lastly, I'm using JRemote as a controller, what is the advantage of configuring Open Home and using Linn Kazoo? Is that the only way to play gapless, or are there other benefits to that as well?

Thanks very much in advance, I'm a relative noob with streaming.

Comparing the mrendu against a ChromeCast Audio seems way too easy to decide who the winner will be ...

As for your question about Linn Kazoo, this is a control point built for OpenHome renderers. Non OpenHome renderers just wont be seen by Linn Kazoo. Configuring OpenHome Server on the microrendu will "wrap" it inside an OpenHome layer, making it visible to Linn Kazoo. On the other hand, BubbleUPnP control point can operate with both non-OpenHome and OpenHome renderers, so configuring OpenHome on the mrendu is not strictly necessary if you mainly intend to use Bubble as your control point. As a renderer, the mrendu also handles gapless playback, and the OpenHome layer plays no role here. Apart from making a renderer visible to OpenHome control points, the main advantage of configuring OpenHome is that now the playlists are stored inside the renderer. You can shutdown your control point, and the playlist will continue to play. You can then restart your control point (the same or another one) and retake control of the playlist.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

#1) I KNOW (some kind of way) that this a GREAT explanation of how this stuff operates.

#2) I am GLAD that I have no need to do any of this. Running Roon Core on Sonic Transporter.

Received mine today too. But unable to find device in network, I'm getting 'No Music Server Is Found On Your Network' off sonicorbiter.com. I'm working with Andrew, so hopefully tomorrow?...but it's killing me having it here and not being able to use it! I've tried rebooting everything to no avail. All other ethernet devices are displayed under Network, just not the microRendu. I have a green and orange light on the back. Apparently I'm the only one having a problem? Should be so plug and play easy the way Sonore has it set up.

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

I got 'em!!!

THANK YOU Jesus

Postman threw the thing threw my building's barred gate. Thankfully, - no damage...

At first sonicorbiter.com didn't see the device, - (I had it hooked up to my 2 fiber FMCs and it didn't see it. So, - I'll try rebooting the FMCs in a little while).

But so far, it sounds bloody incredible!!!!

So psyched!!!

FIBER UPDATE

tried rebooting both FMCs: didn't work. microRendu was missing from Logitech app on iPad, + in the Apps section it said Squeezelite is STOPPED.

Then I switched both TP-link FMCs to "forced" instead of AUTO & rebooted again. Still no luck. Finally I performed a Shutdown on SonicOrbiter.com. After a startup, Squeezelite came back up & the microRendu showed up again in the iPad app.

Music definitely sounded better, with a noticeably bigger & wider soundstage with Fiber.

cheers

Can those of you giving sonic impressions tell us what power supply you are using with the microRendu? Might help some of the others to decide what PS to buy with it.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Set mine up late today. Tried NAA, MPD (with drive mounter finding my NAS folders) and Kazoo (had to rebuild Minimserver cuz it was my multichannel library). Sounds very good. One troublesome issue is NAA; it will severely drop out anything above DSD64, whether direct SDm or upsampling anything/everything. My driver is the Amanero Combo384 running DoP (Fore Audio DAISy1, a dac I can upsample glitch-free to DSD512 if using Windows ASIO in my NAA). Powering with my JS-2.

Let me understand. You cant upsample beyond dsd64 on NAA period?

Can those of you giving sonic impressions tell us what power supply you are using with the microRendu? Might help some of the others to decide what PS to buy with it.

What streamer/renderer type thing it's being compared to would be really useful as well - especially at the higher end.

I think we have to assume it should better say a ChromecastAudio or a standard Mac mini (even with an ifi supply) - if not something's gone horribly wrong.

Roon lifetime > Mac Mini > ethernet > microRendu (RAAT) w/ Paul Hynes SR3 > Intona > Curious USB link > Devialet 250 Pro > PMC fact 8.

What streamer/renderer type thing it's being compared to would be really useful as well - especially at the higher end.

I think we have to assume it should better say a ChromecastAudio or a standard Mac mini (even with an ifi supply) - if not something's gone horribly wrong.

+1

ok early impressions of uRendu. I am using the iFi 9 volt supply. Windows10 (i5,12g of memory, HQP)> home router (Comcast)>piece of junk Ethernet cable>URendu>Benchmark II HGC. Didn't really sound good until I put 6 hours on it last night. Then it sounded magnificent. This am took 1.5 hours to break in and after I fiddled with acoustic isolation on the Rendu and my router it was all I hoped it would be. Deep deep soundstage. Very good timbre. I am a little disappointed if I cant play dsd128 on it since I have a Vinnie DHT coming(with provision for powering the Rendu and pcm/dsd module) . FFFF is very good, doesn't breakup. All in all a winner.