IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Is there a price on this supply yet? And will Sonore allow one to upgrade from the iFi supply that comes with it to the Signature Supply?

You will need to contact Sonore sales for the answers to these questions. The iFi supply is an option for the µRendu, and is not included in the µRendu price.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

You will need to contact Sonore sales for the answers to these questions. The iFi supply is an option for the µRendu, and is not included in the µRendu price.

Anyone interested in the Sonore Signature Series Power Supply can find information on it here in the product's webpage:

SONORE Signature Series Power Supply

I have a Hugo TT DAC and wish to get the microRendu.

1. The USB adapter that is required is type a male to type b male. Is this the type that comes with the microRendu or can one specify which one is needed?
  2. I wish to purchase a Teddy Pardo PS. There are options for connector diameter (5.5, 25 and 5.5 21 and other) which size is required?

Sorry if these seem stupid questions but I don't want to end up ordering it and than not have the requisite connections to get it to work.

Lastly when pre-orders for June delivery is mentioned do you have any idea of when in June if ordered now? i.e. begining, middle or end?

Many Thanks

SJB

We are shooting for early June, but I can't predict any delays in advance.

Hi

I understand I can use my audio Mac mini and stream my music to the uR using Mode #2 Shairport Output. Would this degrade the sound quality? Is it possible to use this with Amarra?

Mode #2 - ShairPort Output - This is an AirPlay emulator that utilizes streams sent to it from a compatible source. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM.

Tommy

This would not be your best option. Consider any other output mode. Amarra has it's place for local playabck, but I'm not aware that it can currently output to the microRendu over the network.

Just curious to know why you would get a Pardo rather than the new upcoming UpTone PS.

Haven't made a final decision. With shipping and VAT the uptone will probably run me at least $500.

I can get the Teddy for $400. I respect Alex and John, but I'm not sure their device is better or even if it is, that I'll hear the difference.. I may smply wait to hear what people say and then order.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

can't wait to receive the shipping confirmation .. i m ready with my own custom build PS , not sure it will sound ad good as all the magic ones offered but it will turn on the unit ( 9V 50VA transfo, 60mah choke, 200000uf filter, 7V regulator) :)

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

This would not be your best option. Consider any other output mode. Amarra has it's place for local playabck, but I'm not aware that it can currently output to the microRendu over the network.

Thanks for the reply.

Tommy

Jesus, is there a typo in the price ? It says "MSRP 2399.00 USD".

For that kind of money, I could get a Mozengrazen!

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

For that kind of money, I could get a Mozengrazen!

Yeah, I'm quite shocked at the cost of that supply and would like to know why it's that expensive. The UpTone Audio JS-2 is $925 and damn good and designed by a guy that does power supply design within chips so what makes this double?

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Yeah, I'm quite shocked at the cost of that supply and would like to know why it's that expensive. The UpTone Audio JS-2 is $925 and damn good and designed by a guy that does power supply design within chips so what makes this double?

Pairing that p/s with the mR gives me a strong case of Audiophile Cognitive Dissonance. Judging by the price and form factor, I thought it was meant to be paired with the Signature Series Rendu. I'll be curious to see whether anyone reviews the mR with this power supply and concludes that the pairing is on par with competing products in the $3k+ price range.

"2. Sonicorbiter now have the ability to add a custom USBhardware address for certain devices that need to be initialed in ALSA with a none standard hardware address. FYI Most devices will not need this feature. However, one such device that needs this feature is a Schitt Gungnir DAC that is based on a C-MediaUSB receiver chip. The Schitt Gungnir DAC works best when setup to hardware address hw:1,1."

Also does this apply to both the orginal version of the Gungnir and the newer Gungnir Multibit? Thanks much.

Yes. This will be included in the microRendu. It's likely that any Schitt DAC that uses the C-Media USB receiver chip will need this, but I'm not 100% sure because it's based on how they set things up in their firmware.

Jesus, please provide specific instructions on how to set the hardware address to "hw:1,1" so I can setup my microRendu for use with my Schiit Gungnir Multibit. I searched the microrendu user manual & didn't see it there. Thanks so much!

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

Pairing that p/s with the mR gives me a strong case of Audiophile Cognitive Dissonance. Judging by the price and form factor, I thought it was meant to be paired with the Signature Series Rendu. I'll be curious to see whether anyone reviews the mR with this power supply and concludes that the pairing is on par with competing products in the $3k+ price range.

A quite clever business model to avoid the uR cannabalizing the Rendu Signature if you ask me. For this combo-pricing it has to wipe the feet under almost every competitive system out there.

I don't know. I find it funny that the µRendu is $640 and has taken a year plus to develop with 3 very smart people in the respected field. The PS is $2,400 and shouldn't in theory yield that much gain if the µRendu is designed as I would imagine John S has done. I guess that's where my confusion lays. $2,400 for a PS is quite high but I'm curious to know specifics as to why it's SO costly.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

I don't know. I find it funny that the µRendu is $640 and has taken a year plus to develop with 3 very smart people in the respected field. The PS is $2,400 and shouldn't in theory yield that much gain if the µRendu is designed as I would imagine John S has done. I guess that's where my confusion lays. $2,400 for a PS is quite high but I'm curious to know specifics as to why it's SO costly.

The PS price was just lowered on the Sonore page, it initially was a typo. Current price is $1,399.

Ok received my uRendu, hooked it up to my Benchmark 2, hooked up an Ethernet cable from my router to my Rendu, changed Fidelizer to streaming, set HqPlayer to NAA, clicked on the Rendu ip, powered the Rendu with the iFi 9 volt feed and no music. I cannot drag and drop music files into HQP. What am I doing wrong?

Ok I figured it out. Did not really set to NAA in HQP.

deleted: redundant

I think its a typo and should have been $1399 ?

On a different note, the Uptone "mystery" power supply comparatively seems like a bargain at $350-$400 (according to Alex) and also designed by John S. It just needs an el cheapo linear or spms wall wart to work with and lets say its another $100- $150 max.