IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Hi I'm using a 2019 Macbook. Chrome browser.  And the Mac will need to be connected for me to test the microrendu. I'lll try it when I'm home later.  Also, is there someone on tech support I can speak to live to go thru these issues?  I really appreciate your help, but I've been working on this a while now and it feels a bit like playing chess by mail, you know?

34 minutes ago, rwbullock said:

Hi I'm using a 2019 Macbook. Chrome browser.  And the Mac will need to be connected for me to test the microrendu. I'lll try it when I'm home later.  Also, is there someone on tech support I can speak to live to go thru these issues?  I really appreciate your help, but I've been working on this a while now and it feels a bit like playing chess by mail, you know?

That is fine. The Mac needs to be connected to the router via WiFi and the Rendu via cable Ethernet. You can email us via our website. Forum support is always slower.  

Hi, I did what you advised but my computer still does not recognize the micro Rendu, though the Rendu is powered up and connected to the the extender, which is plugged in and operational.  The sonic orbiter site doesn't recognize it either. I connected the Rendu to my computer with a USB cable (the Mac has only USB ports).  I'll try posting this on your website as well. Thank you

4 hours ago, rwbullock said:

Hi, I did what you advised but my computer still does not recognize the micro Rendu, though the Rendu is powered up and connected to the the extender, which is plugged in and operational.  The sonic orbiter site doesn't recognize it either. the Rendu to my computer with a USB cable (the Mac has only USB ports).  I'll try posting this on your website as well. Thank youI connected

The USB port on the mRendu is only for the output signal to the DAC. The input must come from the RJ45 ethernet jack and a router via a cat5e or better cable (and in your case using a wireline extender). I am confused by your statement "connected the Rendu to my computer with a USB cable". 

Hi, right, I see what you mean. I was texting with Jesus, who asked me to unplug the unit from the DAC and to connect it instead to my computer to test it.  Still not recognizing the micro rendu unfortunately. He had me power down the unit, remove and reinstall the card, and reboot, but that didn't solve the problem either....

30 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

We are going to send him a new micro SD card. I don't think it's booting up.

Great, I thought that might be it. Hope that solves his issue. You might have him check his router with the new card to see if DHCP has assigned an ip address and also while there lock that ip to the mRendu to avoid future problems.

14 minutes ago, bobflood said:

Great, I thought that might be it. Hope that solves his issue. You might have him check his router with the new card to see if DHCP has assigned an ip address and also while there lock that ip to the mRendu to avoid future problems.

I used IP Scanner and it was nowhere to be found:)