IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

7 hours ago, jfddoc said:

Anyone else having a problem with the Pause button on the new version of the Conductor app?  Mine is only working 25% of the time.  Thanks.

No problem with mine.

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

Anyone having problems displaying the back cover (back.jpg) when playing an album?

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

7 hours ago, biosailor said:

And what a nice welcome it was provided by the N100H! Soundwise, it was the Darkside 😁!

Welcome back! We know the N100H is special - very special indeed. :)

Jon

Innuos Zen Mk 3, Shunyata alpha usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

Industry Affiliation : None

10 hours ago, jon2020 said:

Welcome back! We know the N100H is special - very special indeed. :)

I was truly amazed regarding its dynamics and spaciousness. The Nucleus just isn‘t comparable. In my opinion, Roon Nucleus is overrated. Roon itself is good with its excellent GUI, but the sonic quality is far more important to me. Best move I made for a long time!

• 2 weeks later...

My new Aurender N100H arrived today, equipped with a 4 TB HDD. Transfer of my music library onto the Aurender HDD went like a charm via the Cat 7a cable, no hick ups, no nothing.

The unit is brand new, so no burn in yet (if there’s a thing like that), but it fits so extremely well into my Devialet chain that listening is pure joy!

Does anyone know when the new themes will be available? At Aurender‘s website they look flashy!

Anyway, I‘m a very happy owner of a brandnew Aurender. Great piece of equipment!

DA3DEC37-B498-4538-B7A0-E51B09FB4063.jpeg

16 minutes ago, biosailor said:

My new Aurender N100H arrived today, equipped with a 4 TB HDD. Transfer of my music library onto the Aurender HDD went like a charm via the Cat 7a cable, no hick ups, no nothing.

The unit is brand new, so no burn in yet (if there’s a thing like that), but it fits so extremely well into my Devialet chain that listening is pure joy!

16 minutes ago, biosailor said:

Congratulations, looks - and most hopefully sounds excellent.

I really enjoy my favorite music with a similar setup (N10/Devialet 220pro) every day.

Have fun…

Manfred

DA3DEC37-B498-4538-B7A0-E51B09FB4063.jpeg

mabe

Upgrade time!! 

I just sold my N100H and now it’s time for an upgrade! 

Trying to decide between ACS10 16TB model, ACS10 24TB model (the 24TB model has not only 8TB larger HDD space, but also a 480TB SSD Cache and more RAM too vs. the 16TB model - it’s $1200 more for the 24TB vs. 16TB - is it worth the additional cost? Will there be benefits above and beyond the additional 8TB’s of HDD storage???). 

Another thought... Would the N10 bring me increased sound quality vs. the ACS10 and enough to justify giving up the more advanced features of the ACS10 and the fact that it’s a much newer model vs. one that may be towards the end of its lifecycle?? 

And lastly in my decision process.... is there a non Aurender streamer / player that may be even better performance and / or feature wise out there now (Auralic G2, Innous Zenith MKIII, Lumin something, perhaps even some sort of optical Rendu / Sotm sort of trifecta combo coupled with a roon server and Roon and HQP )??? 

Please chime in and let me know your thoughts on this?? 

Thanks!!! 

1 hour ago, agladstone said:

Upgrade time!! 

Trying to decide between ACS10 16TB model, ACS10 24TB model (the 24TB model has not only 8TB larger HDD space, but also a 480TB SSD Cache and more RAM too vs. the 16TB model - it’s $1200 more for the 24TB vs. 16TB - is it worth the additional cost? Will there be benefits above and beyond the additional 8TB’s of HDD storage???). 

Another thought... Would the N10 bring me increased sound quality vs. the ACS10 and enough to justify giving up the more advanced features of the ACS10 and the fact that it’s a much newer model vs. one that may be towards the end of its lifecycle?? 

And lastly in my decision process.... is there a non Aurender streamer / player that may be even better performance and / or feature wise out there now (Auralic G2, Innous Zenith MKIII, Lumin something, perhaps even some sort of optical Rendu / Sotm sort of trifecta combo coupled with a roon server and Roon and HQP )??? 

Thanks!!! 

Can't say anything to the newer Aurender models, like the ACS10s. As I don't have any CDs anymore, CD ripping is not a feature I need. Metadata editing is also not so attractive, as I do all the editing on my Mac Mini before transferring them onto the N100H.

The N10 seems to be great, yet too expensive.

Regarding other streamer/players: I tested at least the Aurender G1. It did sound nice, very smooth and analogue sound. For me, however, too smooth. It definitely put something to the sound that made everything sound equally smooth, a bit sirupy. I couldn't tell what what was a good or bad recording anymore. Also, to my taste, the highs were a bit recessed. But nevertheless, a good player/streamer. The N100H is less forgiving: if a recording is bad, it shows. But it is an incredibly quiet and enjoyable unit.

7 hours ago, agladstone said:

Upgrade time!! 

Thanks!!! 

It would be nice if we knew the present configuration of your system 😊. DCS makes a nice system as does Rendu/Sotm (dependent upon configuration).

Don't get too carried away about the size of the HDD unless you have a very large collection or plan to expand it. If I was looking at Aurender, I would get the newest model available that had the features I needed. Since my collection is already in digital format I don't need a internal burner, YMMV. 

From what I can glean from the somewhat obtuse Aurender statements, the N10 and W20 are better sounding than the newest Axx units although there may be some aspects of the respective units where this is not true. The ACS10 is certainly more convenient and includes DACs.

If I were buying and had a great DAC, I would look for a very good used N10 or W20. We do know that major upgrades to the W20 will be available soon. What we don't know if these upgrades are applicable to the present models. IIRC we also don't know the status of the N10 which would be a bit worrisome to me. I would hate to sink that much money into a unit only to see it superseded shortly afterward (It has happened to me with other products 😖).

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

@rwwjr44 - and @biosailor

Thanks for comments / thoughts. 

One thing to note is that the ASC10 is NOT one of the units with a built in DAC. It is meant to be a server and CD ripper that can serve as an Aurender network “hub” and server (and CD ripper), then other Aurender units throughout your home can use / play the music stored on the central ACS10. 

... however, it also can be used as a music player and streamer itself also. 

From what I’ve been told, the sound quality is very close to the sound quality of the N10. 

So, you get better than N100 sound quality, XL100 storage sizes on the HDD’s, and a CD Ripper and auto tagging, a network like music server that can link to multiple Aurender’s and share a library, a RAID configuration, UPS Battery for safe shut down if a power failure, etc. 

-  additional facts and system details

1. I do have about 8,000 CD’s and I’ve only ever ripped about 1,500 of them, so eventually I would work my way through ripping the rest if I had the ACS10 built in ability (it also works with a Nimbie auto CD ripper that does 100 CDs at a time). 

2. I do have about 110+ TB’s of digital music including lots of DSD and 24bit high res files, so could make use of internal 24TB storage 

3. Even though I have 110+ TB’s already and another 6,000 CD’s I still have never ripped,, I have about 4TB’s of my best and favorite albums on my (now sold) N100h and it’s more than enough of a curated collection to have stored internally I think and I do also have a large NAS linked with the rest and also have and use / stream Tidal MQA and Qobuz Hi-res , so a CD ripper and 24TB storage is a plus for me, but not a total necessity if it means sacrificing sound quality. 

4. Budget - look below at rest of system, should I be spending 7K to 8K on a server/ streamer when I still don’t have a good separate preamp (use my Dac’s built in one) and my mono block amps are a great value, but still a Class C like level probably on performance. Is it better to spend 4K on a streamer and 4K on a tube preamp instead??? 

- System

- Mytek Brooklyn DAC +  with Vinni Rossi Super capacitor external power supply- like an LPS 1.2 on steroids - (currently using as DAC AND preamp) 

- Oppo 105D - use for SACD and CD player coax out to Brooklyn DAC + for rare occasions when I actually spin a disc - (this combo actually sounds great for SACD’s and Blu-Ray Audio)

- emotiva XPA-1 Monoblock amps 

- Martin Logan Summit X speakers

- Shunyata Power Cables and power          conditioning  

- Audioquest Earth XLR cables for interconnects 

-  USB cleaner / reclocker chain Uptone iso-Regen -> LPS 1.2 power -> custom made cardas Y split USB cable (power and data separated) -> another cardas Y split -> ifi iUSB 3.0 reclocker -> LPS 1.2 power -> a 3rd custom cardas Y split USB -> into DAC 

.. hopefully this additional info may help for others to give me better advice based upon all parameters and my 7K or so max budget for this next system upgrade .. 

🙏 

W20 + Chord M-Scaler into your current DAC. Use the best cables you can justify. Everything matters.  Maybe there will be some W20s available if enough people upgrade to the W20SE. Good luck even getting an M-Scaler. I got my dealer's first and have not looked back.

I own an ASC10, and it is the best ripper I have, so was a good upgrade from a PC.

Frank

13 minutes ago, fwj said:

W20 + Chord M-Scaler into your current DAC. Use the best cables you can justify. Everything matters.  Maybe there will be some W20s available if enough people upgrade to the W20SE. Good luck even getting an M-Scaler. I got my dealer's first and have not looked back.

I own an ASC10, and it is the best ripper I have, so was a good upgrade from a PC.

Frank

Have you tried using your ACS10 as a player itself going direct to DAC (or with M-Scaler)? 

If yes, how did it compare to the W20? 

I could only afford a W20 if I was able to find one used for a great price, the N10 however, could be a possible option at the top of my budget. 

44 minutes ago, agladstone said:

Have you tried using your ACS10 as a player itself going direct to DAC (or with M-Scaler)? 

If yes, how did it compare to the W20? 

I could only afford a W20 if I was able to find one used for a great price, the N10 however, could be a possible option at the top of my budget. 

I upgraded from an N10 to the W20. Was surprised at the magnitude of the improvement. However, would now recommend the N10 with the M-Scaler rather than the W20 alone.

Frank

I am very happy with my W20. The main feature for me which makes the W20 so good is the ability to synch to the external master clock which, in my system, is a BVA Oscilloquartz oscillator which provides unequalled stability. 

Any possible alternative streamer would have to have the ability to synch in the same way. 

4 minutes ago, Custodian said:

I am very happy with my W20. The main feature for me which makes the W20 so good is the ability to synch to the external master clock which, in my system, is a BVA Oscilloquartz oscillator which provides unequalled stability. 

Any possible alternative streamer would have to have the ability to synch in the same way. 

Yes, the clocking capabilities in/out of the W20 are wonderful.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 minutes ago, Blakcloud said:

Currently I have a N100H and a N100C for a second system. Today I pulled them both out to see if I could hear a difference between the two. So far I am in the testing phase so I will withhold judgment. It really doesn't matter much because I am keeping both so the outcome is only for interest sake. I did purchase a Singxer SU-1 converter that is sitting in a box that I might try to experiment with on the H model.

Though I do have a question that maybe someone can answer. My friend has a X100L. When he creates folders in Music1, for example Jazz, Classical etc, they don't show up in the Aurender App. They just won't update to the latest names. Second, this line should scroll left or right when you have more folders that can fit. It won't scroll for him, it is static, though he has multiple folders.

I was wondering if having the two hard drives Music1 and Music2 for the large capacity units that something is different. Yes, he has emailed Aurender but they have not responded. His unit is not new so no dealer support. Any help would be appreciated.

I love my Aurenders. They were my best purchases in the audio world.

Aurenders.jpg

It will be interesting to hear your results!