IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

12 hours ago, agladstone said:

Is this why I can’t seem to get DSD 256 or most DXD tracks / albums to be recognized on my N100H?

DSD 128 is the maximum that Aurender allows on USB and DSD 64 is the maximum for SPDIF. So your DSD 256 files/tracks won't work regardless of size. 

For other sample rates if your files are too large, they won't play. This seems to be a Linux problem. Roon had similar problems but fixed them but they (AFAIK) sling their own code. 

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

2 hours ago, Ponzi said:

I apologize if this has been asked already, but how do I cause a download from HDTracks to be seen by the ASC-10?  How do I get the down load on the ASC-10 hard drive?

This isn’t too difficult but requires some explanation as you are actually at your computer. My suggestion is to call your dealer and he/she should be able to walk you through it in a few minutes.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

1 hour ago, Ponzi said:

I can get the down load into the N10’s hard drive.  But not the ASC-10’s.  I will noodle on it.

Okay then. Can your ASC-10 see your hard disk files and have you used AMM? If so, can you see the files on the ASC-10 from your computer (on a windows based machine you have to do this from the Network icon found under Desktop in your browser? If not, you will need to log the ASC-10 into your computer (should be the same process as with your N10)

Quick question on the Tidal implementation on Conductor. I can’t seem to find the “Track Radio”  feature. 

Is it hidden somewhere , or has Aurender simply decided to skip it?

It is a rather nice feature and since there is simply no way to use the Tidal App to control the A10, we rely on Conductor....

13 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Of course. I've used nearly every Aurender every made and reviewed many of them. The A30 will be added to that list. 

Which is the best based upon your experience: Aurender A10, Lumin T2 (likely haven't heard this yet), Simaudio 380D, mytek manhattan 2, ps audio direcstream.

I'm looking for an all in 1 streamer system and dac which does MQA. I saw that that a few of these items have 5 star reviews but hard to know which is the best in terms of sound quality. 

7 hours ago, honeymustardsteve said:

Which is the best based upon your experience: Aurender A10, Lumin T2 (likely haven't heard this yet), Simaudio 380D, mytek manhattan 2, ps audio direcstream.

I'm looking for an all in 1 streamer system and dac which does MQA. I saw that that a few of these items have 5 star reviews but hard to know which is the best in terms of sound quality. 

Based on what you listed I would say based on personal experience the PS Audio Directstream

MAIN SYSTEM - SST Ambrosia 2000 Second Edition Preamp and Son of Ampzilla II Amp, dCS Debussy DAC, Bricasti M5 Streamer, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Aurender ACS10 Server/Streamer, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, JL Audio F112 Subwoofer, Elac SUB3070 Subwoofer, 20TB Synology NAS, Small Green Computer i5/1TB SSD running Roon

HOME OFFICE SYSTEM - NAD M10 Integrated Amp/Streamer/DAC, Auralic Altair Streamer/DAC, Oppo BDP-103 SACD, KEF LS50 Speakers

8 hours ago, honeymustardsteve said:

I owned both the A10 and the T2. You can listen to an Aurender all day long. The Lumin sounds fantastic with certain music with much more detail than the Aurender but sometimes that comes with listener fatigue. Naturally the A10 has 4tb of storage. The T2 can play files from attached USB. I Sold them both as I anxiously await the new version of the Lindemann Musicbook.  It incorporates the AKM 4493 dac chip and  the Muses 72320 ladder volume control ( which is found in the Pass labs  XP30) so I am hoping to get rid of my pre which I could not do with either the Aurender or the Lumin.  The musicbook is a real nice analog pre-amp to boot. 

Instead of the bridge with the PS audio DSD I think you are better off with a used Aurender N100 feeding it. The network card seems to be its weakest link and for a few more bucks used you can really kick up SQ. But again another box.

Good luck with your choice but check out the Musicbook.  

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

3.5" drives have a lot more capacity than 2.5" drives.  3.5" drives can currently be had up to 14TB.  2.5" drives top out at 5TB

MAIN SYSTEM - SST Ambrosia 2000 Second Edition Preamp and Son of Ampzilla II Amp, dCS Debussy DAC, Bricasti M5 Streamer, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Aurender ACS10 Server/Streamer, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, JL Audio F112 Subwoofer, Elac SUB3070 Subwoofer, 20TB Synology NAS, Small Green Computer i5/1TB SSD running Roon

HOME OFFICE SYSTEM - NAD M10 Integrated Amp/Streamer/DAC, Auralic Altair Streamer/DAC, Oppo BDP-103 SACD, KEF LS50 Speakers

1 hour ago, Doak said:

Though it the answer may lie somewhere in the 113 pages of this thread, I will ask here:

For what reason(s) does Aurender use large format 3.5” drives only in its top of line offerings? 

ps: hoping to hear something from Aurender directly or indirectly, meaning fact and not conjecture. Thank you.

Not completely accurate the X100 uses LFF (3.5) drives and not the SFF (2.5) like the N100/N10/A10

noushy

1 hour ago, Doak said:

For what reason(s) does Aurender use large format 3.5” drives only in its top of line offerings? 

@Doak - yes, it really just has to do with form factor from a hardware engineering perspective (3.5 inch drives are way bigger, physically), and hard drive capacity that was desired for each respective model.

W20, ACS10 and X100L are the only models that use 3.5 " drives. 

FYI - X100L is now out of production. I believe there are plenty of units left for sale, but now that we have ACS10 in the product line-up, there has not been a ton of demand for X100L. 

Yes if you look at how sleek the N100 is compared to the thicker X100 that should be an answer. The N10 is also sleeker than the larger W20 as well.  I believe Ari and Aurender that it is mostly due to design and space constraints, not a cheap/expensive. In fact SFF drives cost more per TB than LFF drives.

Noushy

2 hours ago, AriMargolis said:

@Doak - yes, it really just has to do with form factor from a hardware engineering perspective (3.5 inch drives are way bigger, physically), and hard drive capacity that was desired for each respective model.

W20, ACS10 and X100L are the only models that use 3.5 " drives. 

FYI - X100L is now out of production. I believe there are plenty of units left for sale, but now that we have ACS10 in the product line-up, there has not been a ton of demand for X100L. 

@AriMargolis, any news on the update including new skins..? It's been very quiet from your side..

On 9/29/2018 at 6:08 PM, bmichels said:

BTW: I do not see  any recomendation for Shunyata Sigma USB cable !  only for Coax and AES ! is the USB Sigma already available ?

Overwhelming positive feedback so far, yet another winner?

https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41522

https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=44732

https://www.hiendy.com/hififorum/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=129300

Available from their lending library as well, $50 for Alpha USB $100 for Sigma USB respectively

https://www.thecableco.com/alpha-usb.html

https://www.thecableco.com/sigma-usb.html

https://www.thecableco.com/new-alpha-and-sigma-usb-cables-from-shunyata-research

"New" update - Listed on web site as April 11, 2019 but listed in the App store as April 26, 2019

Conductor 2.9.21

Released on April 11 2019

• Improved the positioning of the Aurender name and IP of the connected Aurender server
  • Fixed overlapped menu panes in UI
  • Selected playlist can now be loaded to “Playlist Editor”
  • Scanning will now start after changing resolution setting of album cover
  • “Show albums with cover only” fixed