IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

57 minutes ago, Emm said:

Imagine what you would say if I would also report that the right display of this N10 is not properly centered with the result that the left fonts are half shown 

I’d be surprised if a faulty display would be fixed through a firmware update by Aurender.

Sounds like you have a faulty unit and should be replaced under warranty! What does your dealer have to say about it?

Aurender W20 Music Server, Kii Three Active Speakers, Kii Digital Controller

Audioquest Diamond USB, Audioquest Niagara 7000 conditioner, Audioquest NRG-1000 HC mains leads

So sorry for any inconvenience about my simple but the most important question for me. I'm new in this forum and this is my first question. I tried to find about some clues but I failed:

I want to use Aurender ACS 10 if it will sound better than a topend CD Transport with my DACs (Audiomat Maestro Reference and PS Audio Direct Stream). I have some questions in my mind about the ripping procedure. Becasue ACS 10 is not a top loading one. I think some information could not be read with its CD tray mechanism. What is your opinion about this issue? Do you have any comparison results with top end CD Transports?

3 minutes ago, tones said:

So sorry for any inconvenience about my simple but the most important question for me. I'm new in this forum and this is my first question. I tried to find about some clues but I failed:

I want to use Aurender ACS 10 if it will sound better than a topend CD Transport with my DACs (Audiomat Maestro Reference and PS Audio Direct Stream). I have some questions in my mind about the ripping procedure. Becasue ACS 10 is not a top loading one. I think some information could not be read with its CD tray mechanism. What is your opinion about this issue? Do you have any comparison results with top end CD Transports?

The highest end CD transport I know of is a tray loading transport. The dCS Vivaldi. I'd say tray loading vs top loading makes no difference. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The highest end CD transport I know of is a tray loading transport. The dCS Vivaldi. I'd say tray loading vs top loading makes no difference. 

Thanks for your fast reply. Then what about the comparison results? Do you have any test results?

6 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

There is no way to gather such results of a top loading cd versus tray loading cd. The laser will read the disc the same either way. 

What type of results are you looking for subjective listening tests or objective measurements?

Thank you again for your answers. Subjective listening tests of course.

I am not sure of your question exactly, but I too have the PS Audio Directstream, which I use with the N10 and the ASC-10.  The ASC-10 seems to me to work swimmingly. I "love" it.   On occasion, I encounter a CD that either has no metadata and none that the ASC-10 will read.  I suspect it is the former.  But other than that, I am in heaven compared to ripping with my MAC.

3 minutes ago, Ponzi said:

I am not sure of your question exactly, but I too have the PS Audio Directstream, which I use with the N10 and the ASC-10.  The ASC-10 seems to me to work swimmingly. I "love" it.   On occasion, I encounter a CD that either has no metadata and none that the ASC-10 will read.  I suspect it is the former.  But other than that, I am in heaven compared to ripping with my MAC.

Thanks for your kind reply and excuse me, because my question is not clear. I have Aurender N10 in my audio system too with a CEC CD Transport. I have two DACs, Audiomat Maestro Reference and PS Audio Directstream. I am so happy with N10. I wonder to know if I have ASC 10 in my audio system, for example I will listen a CD with my CEC Transport with Audiomat DAC; if I listen the same CD with after ripping it with ACS 10 (with the same DAC) will it sound better?

On the other side; I think it will be more appropriate to use a top loading system with a clamp for stability. Aurender engeneers should consider this issue. A high end CD Transport have so many technologic problems. You can look the following link for this idea:

https://www.soundonsound.com/sound-advice/q-how-much-impact-can-cd-transport-have-sound-quality

I do not like CD tray systems. Related with these technologic problems, I think Calista, CEC TL 0X and some other top end CD transports prefers this top loading mechanisms. But this is my opinion and of course I respect the opposite ones.

1 minute ago, tones said:

Thanks for your kind reply and excuse me, because my question is not clear. I have Aurender N10 in my audio system too with a CEC CD Transport. I have two DACs, Audiomat Maestro Reference and PS Audio Directstream. I am so happy with N10. I wonder to know if I have ASC 10 in my audio system, for example I will listen a CD with my CEC Transport with Audiomat DAC; if I listen the same CD with after ripping it with ACS 10 (with the same DAC) will it sound better?

On the other side; I think it will be more appropriate to use a top loading system with a clamp for stability. Aurender engeneers should consider this issue. A high end CD Transport have so many technologic problems. You can look the following link for this idea:

https://www.soundonsound.com/sound-advice/q-how-much-impact-can-cd-transport-have-sound-quality

I do not like CD tray systems. Related with these technologic problems, I think Calista, CEC TL 0X and some other top end CD transports prefers this top loading mechanisms. But this is my opinion and of course I respect the opposite ones.

Those problems are irrelevant for ripping discs. The disc is read and re-read if needed to extract all the bits. It isn't a real-time thing.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

6 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Those problems are irrelevant for ripping discs. The disc is read and re-read if needed to extract all the bits. It isn't a real-time thing.

Ok. Then ACS 10 will sound better. Theoretical. But I wonder to know did someone made a comparison in real life? In this hobby, first of all we have to listen and then compare to believe it.

4 hours ago, tones said:

I suggest that (if possible) you arrange an home addition of the Aurender piece and decide for yourself. It may take a bit of arrangement with an Aurender dealer but is the only way to subjectively answer your question. 

If you are able to do this, please report your findings.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

@AriMargolis Ari:

My Aurender N100H won’t boot? Seems like it is just “stuck” on the Aurender N100 logo. 

I did try to shut down and restart and I also tried to do the factory restore, not 100% sure I’m doing it correctly? 
First attempt of restore, just the Aurender logo, power button stayed unlit, second attempt, Aurender logo stuck and power button was flashing indefinitely, third attempt Aurender logo stuck and power button stayed lit up indefinitely?? 
Im powering down, turning unit off from back, holding down front power while turning power on from back, releasing front once I see Aurender logo, and then pressing the play button once , is this correct procedure? 
What should I do now? 
21 minutes ago, rwwjr44 said:

I suggest that (if possible) you arrange an home addition of the Aurender piece and decide for yourself. It may take a bit of arrangement with an Aurender dealer but is the only way to subjectively answer your question. 

If you are able to do this, please report your findings.

Musicdirect is an authorized dealer and offers 60 day in home trial. 

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

15 hours ago, tones said:

Ok. Then ACS 10 will sound better. Theoretical. But I wonder to know did someone made a comparison in real life? In this hobby, first of all we have to listen and then compare to believe it.

Maybe this could help. Using Aurender W20 and dCS Rossini Player + clock. When listening to my EAC-ripped CD's played through the W20 to the Rossini DAC/Player (through an ultra high-end USB cable) they sound really excellent, but always SLIGHTLY less transparent and dynamic than played directly from disc in the dCS Rossini Player. As always YMMV.