IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

A good place to discuss Aurender products.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

And are you sure it's a good idea to have one thread for all the various products?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Not really sure but... Let's see how it goes or suggest a better title and we will see.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

And are you sure it's a good idea to have one thread for all the various products?

Because all of them use essentially the same software, I see nothing wrong with doing so. Whether you're using an N100 or a W20 doesn't make much difference.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

Because all of them use essentially the same software, I see nothing wrong with doing so. Whether you're using an N100 or a W20 doesn't make much difference.

Well that's an interesting and enlightening statement! I am completely ignorant about these products, so don't consider this an impertinent question - do you know this from aurender, some independent analysis, or your own assessment?

This matters to me as i'm looking at these types of products right now. thx.

Well that's an interesting and enlightening statement! I am completely ignorant about these products, so don't consider this an impertinent question - do you know this from aurender, some independent analysis, or your own assessment?

This matters to me as i'm looking at these types of products right now. thx.

I am an Aurender dealer. Yes, there are differences, mainly in terms of the digital outputs available. From a user standpoint working with the iPad app, it's very consistent across all the platforms.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

A new app update is available. Mostly Tidal and WiMP updates. Also fixes the missing text problem.

A new app update is available. Mostly Tidal and WiMP updates. Also fixes the missing text problem.

Upgraded App Version to 2.0.7 and Firmware to newest release 4.3.78 on Friday, ever since I feel a decline in WIMP/Tidal responsiveness especially when seaching for artists and their album catalogue. Takes quite some time before album tracks are listed. Some searches didn't even show results (no artist found), while searching on iPhone app worked flawless.

Anyone with similar observations ?

Upgraded App Version to 2.0.7 and Firmware to newest release 4.3.78 on Friday, ever since I feel a decline in WIMP/Tidal responsiveness especially when seaching for artists and their album catalogue. Takes quite some time before album tracks are listed. Some searches didn't even show results (no artist found), while searching on iPhone app worked flawless.

Anyone with similar observations ?

Do you have a number of other apps running? How much memory is available?

I haven't tried Tidal so I can't offer more help. I suggest contacting Aurender.

New update today - System SW 4(5).3.83 / App 2.0.7

- Update Scanner

○ Improved flac, wav and ape file detection

○ Fixed sometimes scanner never finished.

○ Compatible with AMM 1.3

- Fixed recently played song playlist does not work properly.

- TIDAL improvement

○ Add long press menu for an album/playlist image to add all songs in an album or a playlist

○ Supports links for an album in the artist biography.

○ Supports similar artists in the artist detail view.

○ Now favourites can be sorted by date of added or title. (Current default is the title, but will be changed to the date of added.

Also will be saved the order in the next release).

○ Shows song/album details for the currently playing

○ Fixed TIDAL does not shows nothing in specific condition.ㅆ

○ Fixed other many bugs related to TIDAL

- Improved scanner status

- Now "Add all files" will be shown if there is any files on a folder.

- Fixed other bugs and improved stability

New update today - System SW 4(5).3.83 / App 2.0.7

- Update Scanner

○ Improved flac, wav and ape file detection

○ Fixed sometimes scanner never finished.

○ Compatible with AMM 1.3

- Fixed recently played song playlist does not work properly.

- TIDAL improvement

○ Add long press menu for an album/playlist image to add all songs in an album or a playlist

○ Supports links for an album in the artist biography.

○ Supports similar artists in the artist detail view.

○ Now favourites can be sorted by date of added or title. (Current default is the title, but will be changed to the date of added.

Also will be saved the order in the next release).

○ Shows song/album details for the currently playing

○ Fixed TIDAL does not shows nothing in specific condition.ㅆ

○ Fixed other many bugs related to TIDAL

- Improved scanner status

- Now "Add all files" will be shown if there is any files on a folder.

- Fixed other bugs and improved stability

Just upgraded my X100 ... Problems solved and tidal/wimp now faster than ever. Outstanding support! Sent them an email yesterday.

It is the second upgrade from last week (I THINK :))

• 2 weeks later...

Part-time lurker; fist-time poster.

I am in the process of replacing my Mac Mini and W4S DAC2 source with something more to my liking. I received the DAC a few weeks ago and the N100 arrived today. I like the N100's build and the control app seems solid. Hopefully Aurender can release the AMM application for PC soon; it is a little overdue and until it is released I can't really make full use of the control app for music stored on my NAS. The N100 looks like it should be real nice though.

The fly in my soup is that my new DAC and the N100 don't really get on. They talk to each other, but the sound is a little bright and is delivered with clicks, pops and on occasion, short warbles. This occurs for every album to some extent, but is most noticeable on quieter albums. My new DAC (sorry, not allowed to mention it by name yet) runs a XMOS chip-set and is supposed to work with native Mac OSX and Linux drivers; it is class 2 compatible. The new DAC works with a home PC (using XMOS USB drivers) and other sources; the N100 works with my old DAC2. My retailer is looking after me well and will hopefully have it sorted soon.

But I am wondering, has anyone else experienced issues when running their Aurenders with XMOS USB chip-sets? I assume not, but thought I'd ask. Aurender has a reputation for fine service; I expect they will resolve this quickly. These things are not inexpensive and I went in this direction so I could stop faffing with Macs and PCs when listening to music... here's hoping we can achieve that objective.

Cheers.

I can't understand why you don't mention your dac?

I read that you can contact Aurender with your dac's specs and they can make it work.

My dealer has numerous dacs and it works with all of them, even old and obscure ones.

Part-time lurker; fist-time poster.

I am in the process of replacing my Mac Mini and W4S DAC2 source with something more to my liking. I received the DAC a few weeks ago and the N100 arrived today. I like the N100's build and the control app seems solid. Hopefully Aurender can release the AMM application for PC soon; it is a little overdue and until it is released I can't really make full use of the control app for music stored on my NAS. The N100 looks like it should be real nice though.

The fly in my soup is that my new DAC and the N100 don't really get on. They talk to each other, but the sound is a little bright and is delivered with clicks, pops and on occasion, short warbles. This occurs for every album to some extent, but is most noticeable on quieter albums. My new DAC (sorry, not allowed to mention it by name yet) runs a XMOS chip-set and is supposed to work with native Mac OSX and Linux drivers; it is class 2 compatible. The new DAC works with a home PC (using XMOS USB drivers) and other sources; the N100 works with my old DAC2. My retailer is looking after me well and will hopefully have it sorted soon.

But I am wondering, has anyone else experienced issues when running their Aurenders with XMOS USB chip-sets? I assume not, but thought I'd ask. Aurender has a reputation for fine service; I expect they will resolve this quickly. These things are not inexpensive and I went in this direction so I could stop faffing with Macs and PCs when listening to music... here's hoping we can achieve that objective.

Cheers.

I can't understand why you don't mention your dac?

I read that you can contact Aurender with your dac's specs and they can make it work.

My dealer has numerous dacs and it works with all of them, even old and obscure ones.

Hi George,

I agreed not mention it publicly for reasons unrelated to this issue; it is my choice and I am not being pressured in any way. I am sure I will be able to mention it before too long.

My retailer is committed to sorting this out for me and I will give him every chance to do so, but it is comforting to know that I can contact Aurender directly.

Thanks for the response.

Cheers.

Update:

Contacted my dealer today: he is waiting to hear from back from Aurender... nothing yet. So, I will contact Aurender directly and hope they can resolve this quickly.

I develop a component of enterprise information systems and know how tricky systems can be; responsiveness and service quality are critical when unanticipated events occur.

Cheers.

Eric from Aurender has been in touch, logged on to the N100, and is now Ix-ing further. Here's hoping he can work out what is going on. Fingers crossed.

I don't want this to become a blow-by-blow of my N100 issues, so will refrain from posting anything until the final outcome.

Cheers.

Although it is not clear what the issue was - perhaps something related to the AC cable or cable routing - I am pleased to report my N100 is now playing nicely with my DAC. Although I had my doubts, Eric Shim helped resolve the problem in a professional and committed manner. Nicely done.

Thanks to Eric for his assistance.

Cheers.

When leaving the Aurender is standby mode, does it go to sleep or does it stay on (front panel lights, etc.). If it does go to sleep, will the iPad app wake it up or do you have to push a button on the unit?

You need to activate the standby option in the app settings to wake up the Aurender or to put it in standby using your iPad.