IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

22 hours ago, Booster MPS said:

Having trouble with the Aurender App removing the star rating from a track.  Following the directions here, and having no trouble flipping between any particular star rating, but getting from one star to no stars is.......tricky.  Any suggestions or tips?

http://support.aurender.com/remove-star-rating.html

After a lot of tries, I think I found a repeatable tip to help others.  It seems like there is 1/4 of a star barely to the left of the first star.  If you aim for that invisible star instead of pressing directly on the star, you can flip the first star off.

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 6:34 AM, AriMargolis said:

@Quadiffusor HK I personally agree with you there as well. Adding it to our feature request list now.

Hi @AriMargolis - will the new Conductor 3.0 be able to "Star Rate" albums?  Even a binary yes/no star system would be totally adequate; as we discussed, users really need a method to distinguish their favorite albums (a discrete collection of songs in a single vehicle) to separate them from the tens of hundreds of thousands of individual songs, typical of an average Aurender owner's collection.

On 7/3/2019 at 9:24 PM, Quadiffusor HK said:

Hi @AriMargolis - will the new Conductor 3.0 be able to "Star Rate" albums?  Even a binary yes/no star system would be totally adequate; as we discussed, users really need a method to distinguish their favorite albums (a discrete collection of songs in a single vehicle) to separate them from the tens of hundreds of thousands of individual songs, typical of an average Aurender owner's collection.

@Quadiffusor HK this is a feature that we can probably add soon after releasing Conductor 3.0, however it has not been prepared for the initial release. Adding any additional features now would only slow the process down as additional QA and beta testing is required. It sounds like a simple feature (and, it is), but any time we do anything that involves editing the library database, there can be unforeseen difficulties. 

24 minutes ago, AriMargolis said:

@Quadiffusor HK this is a feature that we can probably add soon after releasing Conductor 3.0

Hah! The elusive ver 3.0 release! "All things come to him who waits - provided he knows what he is waiting for." Woodrow T. Wilson

Aurender W20 Music Server, Kii Three Active Speakers, Kii Digital Controller

Audioquest Diamond USB, Audioquest Niagara 7000 conditioner, Audioquest NRG-1000 HC mains leads

4 minutes ago, jfddoc said:

A W20SE?  How is it different from the W20? 

@jfddoc you'll just have to come to the show and find out! Just kidding. More info will be released soon, but in the mean time here are some key differences:

-Uses SSD's instead of spinning drives

-Larger SSD cache (1TB)

-Linear power supply replaces switch-mode PSU

-2X Isolated LAN port

-Upgraded OCXO clock

-Support for higher rate DSD

11 minutes ago, AriMargolis said:

@jfddoc you'll just have to come to the show and find out! Just kidding. More info will be released soon, but in the mean time here are some key differences:

-Larger SSD cache (1TB)

-2X Isolated LAN port

-Upgraded OCXO clock

I'm considering replacing my "spaghetti-chain" of boxes (server, endpoints, external psus) with a all-in-one streaming solution, with server, harddrive and preferably rj45 i2s, usb and spdif outputs. The issue is that I probably have to pay more than I'm willing to considerably better my sms200ultra/uptone 1.2 endpoint especially with the new firmware.
Is there an updated version of N100C in the works? Or a new better model?

Thanks,

2 hours ago, AriMargolis said:

-Larger SSD cache (1TB)

-2X Isolated LAN port

-Upgraded OCXO clock

Will it still have batteries?

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

14 hours ago, AriMargolis said:

@Quadiffusor HK this is a feature that we can probably add soon after releasing Conductor 3.0, however it has not been prepared for the initial release. Adding any additional features now would only slow the process down as additional QA and beta testing is required. It sounds like a simple feature (and, it is), but any time we do anything that involves editing the library database, there can be unforeseen difficulties. 

“Additional features”?

Being able to “star” an album should hardly be considered rocket science - besides, it’s a feature that has been requested since a couple of years ago already!

”Can probably add”?

What does this mean, exactly?

Will the database architecture for Conductor 3.0  be able to support this very basic feature?  Why all the obfuscation?  I’m more confused than ever.

@Booster MPS you raise some valid points. However there must be something else going on in the background because the promised update is taking sooo long to appear. It can’t just be about resources, a major update of a piece of software, especially on a closed system like the Aurender is relatively simple and is capable of being done in a matter of months by a pretty small team. Much of the original software should be able to be reused if written and documented properly. I wonder this is part of the problem or if it is truly about lack of resource and or low priority 

Audioquest Diamond USB, Audioquest Niagara 7000 conditioner, Audioquest NRG-1000 HC mains leads

15 hours ago, Mazza said:

@Booster MPS you raise some valid points. However there must be something else going on in the background because the promised update is taking sooo long to appear. It can’t just be about resources, a major update of a piece of software, especially on a closed system like the Aurender is relatively simple and is capable of being done in a matter of months by a pretty small team. Much of the original software should be able to be reused if written and documented properly. I wonder this is part of the problem or if it is truly about lack of resource and or low priority 

Ah I see where you are coming from.  I was more so addressing the mention of adding on the request to rate entire albums rather than individual tracks to the forthcoming release mentioned by the owner above.  Given that the process for the release was said to be forthcoming, tacking on another user ask probably would be unlikely.  Ari mentioned in June that the request was "noted and recorded."  @Mazza I will go back and see when the first mention of the new app hit the press.  Seems like I saw something in Beta teased on Audiostream around .....April maybe?  March?

12 hours ago, Noushy said:

They have made a lot of progress with the new app.  It offers several new skins and new display formats.  It takes time to develop and make a stable release.  People need to understand this unless they want broken software and problems.  Personally I have used several different music servers and Aurender is clearly the best.  The app is a huge part of why that works.

Noushy

Relax guys, all will end well. Beta software is being tested already.

14 minutes ago, Vincent1234 said:

Relax guys, all will end well. Beta software is being tested already.

"All things come to him who waits - provided he knows what he is waiting for." Woodrow T. Wilson

@Quadiffusor HK you'll be pleased to know (as am I) that we are prioritizing a feature where one can assign a star rating to all tracks on the album with one command. You can then go back and adjust the number of stars for each individual track if you want. 

So, it is still track-by-track based ratings, but you don't have to assign them one-by-one. This will be easier than creating a new database field for album-associated ratings. 

Please don't ask "when"...if I had an answer to that question I would share it! :) 

On 7/9/2019 at 12:28 AM, AriMargolis said:

-Larger SSD cache (1TB)

-2X Isolated LAN port

-Upgraded OCXO clock

Nice specs :) 

Does it have 2 wordclock inputs so it can sync to a dCS vivaldi clock or does it still need a dongle for switching between 44.1 and 48 kHz?