IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

10 hours ago, SirAtilla said:

Grabbed this from the Aurender Korean web site outlining the difference between the W20 and the new W20SE that is being shown at the California Audio Show starting today.

564548701_ScreenShot2019-07-26at5_09_22PM.thumb.png.b02a2420b271a4bee3560d515770bb56.png

It's not fully correct by the way. The current W20 supports DSD128 (over USB), not just DSD64.

17 minutes ago, biosailor said:

Same here with N100H! I tried Roon, even have a lifetime license, but sonically, Roon just isn't as good as the N100H. I had Roon installed on my Mac Mini, afterwards on a Nucleus, and yet, I just prefer the sound of my N100H. So I'll stick for quite a while with the Conductor app. Great sound!

The key to get the most from Roon is to separate the server from the rendering hardware (endpoint) i.e. you should not connect a Mac Mini or a Nucleus directly to your DAC. 

CD/SACD: Krell Evolution 505, Vinyl: Spiral Groove 1.2/Spiral Groove Centroid/Clearaudio Stradivari V2, Phono Stage: Audio Reseach Reference Phono 2, Music Servers/Streamers: Aurender S10/Intel Nuc with Roon Rock, DAC: PS Audio Direct Stream DAC w. Bridge II, Preamp: Audio Reseach Reference 5 SE, Poweramp: Audio Research Reference 75, Speakers: Wilson Audio Sophia II

50 minutes ago, Ponzi said:

The Aurender gear is so well made, sounds so delightfully good, looks so stunning, and is (even for a computer illiterate like me) so easy to use, I have a hard time understanding why, say,  missing lyrics, or the color of the program’s background, are such a crushing disappointments.  I understand “hey, it would nice,”  but . . .

I was also astonished how stubborn Aurender seems to be to make steps towards substantial improvements of their Conductor app. But it is as it is, it's not a bad app, very reliable, and in the end, the sound dictates which system suits you.

46 minutes ago, biosailor said:

I was also astonished how stubborn Aurender seems to be to make steps towards substantial improvements of their Conductor app. But it is as it is, it's not a bad app, very reliable, and in the end, the sound dictates which system suits you.

Guess you have tried the latest 3.0 version already (just a few days old)? Use it for a while and you will discover some nice new features. Also a completely new Android phone app is on its way. It's looking to become great too. 😊

16 minutes ago, Vincent1234 said:

Guess you have tried the latest 3.0 version already (just a few days old)? Use it for a while and you will discover some nice new features. Also a completely new Android phone app is on its way. It's looking to become great too. 😊

Just listening with the 3.0 version. I like it, but will need a bit time to exploit the new features. So far nice improvements!

Here's the official product information (PDF) about the new W20SE. Casing and exterior design is the same as the W20. I'm not yet sure if there will be an upgrade path for current W20 users, but I expect and hope so.

https://perfect-sense.se/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Aurender_W20SE_www.perfect-sense.se_.pdf

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

image.thumb.png.3fecd1216c1b587fe24e09614a3df6ee.png

PERFECT SENSE

www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | [email protected] | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

1 hour ago, Perfect sense said:

Here's the official product information (PDF) about the new W20SE. Casing and exterior design is the same as the W20. I'm not yet sure if there will be an upgrade path for current W20 users, but I expect and hope so.

https://perfect-sense.se/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Aurender_W20SE_www.perfect-sense.se_.pdf

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

image.thumb.png.3fecd1216c1b587fe24e09614a3df6ee.png

I understood earlier that no upgrade path will be available for current W20 owners. I'm somewhat underwhelmed by the upgrades TBH and I'm wondering what the price uplift of $ 4.400,- will bring to an improvement of the actual SQ (which will not be an easy job). I will be curious to hear both versions side by side, but if there will indeed be no upgrade path possible I'm quite sure I will let this one pass. 😏

Since many w20 users chose the w20 because of the facility to lock to an external masterclock, the clock upgrade in the w20se will be redundant. Replacing the psu with a linear power supply should be worthwhile. That should be possible as an upgrade if Aurender or a third party supplier would help. Otherwise not too much to tempt me to trade up.

1 minute ago, Custodian said:

Since many w20 users chose the w20 because of the facility to lock to an external masterclock, the clock upgrade in the w20se will be redundant. Replacing the psu with a linear power supply should be worthwhile. That should be possible as an upgrade if Aurender or a third party supplier would help. Otherwise not too much to tempt me to trade up.

Exactly, the clock upgrade is also redundant for me as I'm using USB. Decoupling Ethernet is easily done outside the W20. The SMPS in the current W20 is only connected directly to the non-audio stuff and all audio related circuits are being fed by it through the battery pack only. So that's why I'm wondering if the SQ improvement will be worth it.

18 hours ago, Ponzi said:

The Aurender gear is so well made, sounds so delightfully good, looks so stunning, and is (even for a computer illiterate like me) so easy to use, I have a hard time understanding why, say,  missing lyrics, or the color of the program’s background, are such a crushing disappointments.  I understand “hey, it would nice,”  but . . .

..not really necessary..

mabe

50 minutes ago, Vincent1234 said:

Exactly, the clock upgrade is also redundant for me as I'm using USB. Decoupling Ethernet is easily done outside the W20. The SMPS in the current W20 is only connected directly to the non-audio stuff and all audio related circuits are being fed by it through the battery pack only. So that's why I'm wondering if the SQ improvement will be worth it.

@AriMargolis You have probably heard both versions side by side? Could you maybe share your experiences, especially w.r.t. SQ? Thanks!

I have think I have read some very impressive comments. Sorry if this sounds redundant. Both of your arguments are very valid and it’s hard to make a viable reason to upgrade to the new W 20 special edition if you already have a W 20. I have been patiently waiting to buy the W 20 knowing the upgrade was coming. Now that it’s available I may be looking for a great deal on a W 20 instead. I feel like Aurender missed the target audience who will have a high end Digital to analog converter.

noushy

24 minutes ago, Noushy said:

I have think I have read some very impressive comments. Sorry if this sounds redundant. Both of your arguments are very valid and it’s hard to make a viable reason to upgrade to the new W 20 special edition if you already have a W 20. I have been patiently waiting to buy the W 20 knowing the upgrade was coming. Now that it’s available I may be looking for a great deal on a W 20 instead. I feel like Aurender missed the target audience who will have a high end Digital to analog converter.

noushy

You will love the upgrade to the W20 from your N10. I did the same. 😊👍

On 7/26/2019 at 4:24 AM, The Fonz said:

Love the new look. One bug though. Streaming from qobuz no track title on the display of my n100. On both lines the artistname appears. Display is ok with TIDAL and library. Only with qobuz it’s wrong. 

Check a couple different albums. Then check the meta data that Qobuz is sending. I did this and found that Qobuz wasn't sending the correct or same metadata for each track. 

For example, Mazzy Star's album So Tonight That i Might See shows up as Mazzy Star for both the artist and album on my Aurender. Switching to Jack DeJohnette's album Jack DeJohnette's Directions shows both artist and album name appropriately on the Aurender. Looking at the Qobuz metadata shows the discrepancy. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

42 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Check a couple different albums. Then check the meta data that Qobuz is sending. I did this and found that Qobuz wasn't sending the correct or same metadata for each track. 

For example, Mazzy Star's album So Tonight That i Might See shows up as Mazzy Star for both the artist and album on my Aurender. Switching to Jack DeJohnette's album Jack DeJohnette's Directions shows both artist and album name appropriately on the Aurender. Looking at the Qobuz metadata shows the discrepancy. 

Seeing artists on left and right hand side of my N10 displays with Qobuz.  Album doesn't seem to make a difference including the Jack DeJohnette's album you mentioned.

Carlin "Rick" Smith

Try rebooting your iPad.  I have seen crashing problems with other apps and I needed to restart my iPad

MAIN SYSTEM - SST Ambrosia 2000 Second Edition Preamp and Son of Ampzilla II Amp, dCS Debussy DAC, Bricasti M5 Streamer, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Aurender ACS10 Server/Streamer, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, JL Audio F112 Subwoofer, Elac SUB3070 Subwoofer, 20TB Synology NAS, Small Green Computer i5/1TB SSD running Roon

HOME OFFICE SYSTEM - NAD M10 Integrated Amp/Streamer/DAC, Auralic Altair Streamer/DAC, Oppo BDP-103 SACD, KEF LS50 Speakers