IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

25 minutes ago, Mazza said:

AFAIK the existing Aurenders' don't have enough CPU-horsepower to run Roon; secondly Aurender have been on record many times to say that they don't want to service customer's through a 3rd-party AND lose their control over determining the sound-quality of their equipment through that 3rd-party

If you want Roon, then vote with your feet as you have done. Personally, I respect a Company who stick by their philosophy and strive to keep their own identity and raison d'être and I have bought into it.

+1

Aurender W20 -> AudioAero La Fontaine, Lampizator  Pacific SE->Ayon Crossfire III or  Circle Labs A100 >Avantgarde Acoustic Trio LE 26 with 4x REL Carbon Special

19 minutes ago, Mazza said:

AFAIK the existing Aurenders' don't have enough CPU-horsepower to run Roon; secondly Aurender have been on record many times to say that they don't want to service customer's through a 3rd-party AND lose their control over determining the sound-quality of their equipment through that 3rd-party

If you want Roon, then vote with your feet as you have done. Personally, I respect a Company who stick by their philosophy and strive to keep their own identity and raison d'être and I have bought into it.

True. And one of the reasons for Aurender not to use these high powered CPU's is indeed to reach a higher SQ. This is not a unique stance by the way and more server suppliers follow this same strategy. Sure this means Roon is likely off the table. But I agree with several others here that SQ should ALWAYS come first. Although I have a very high-end DAC which also serves as a Roon endpoint I have never reached the level of SQ through Roon as through my W20. Ever. If that were the case I would have sold my W20 and would have been able to buy loads of music for the sales price. 😊 But no, it simply sounds WAY to good to part from it. And I'm very glad it does.

I believe it is not possible for Aurender to run roon. They have chosen the hardware to support their OS is perfectly reasonable in respect to SQ and functions.

I am not savvy  enough to use ot setup roon and prefer a plug and play os like Aurender or Bluos. 

I honestly find Aurender OS usable for my purposes but there are many dead ends that need to be dealt with and thus find even the Bluos superior, not to mention roon.

What i hope is that Aurender can and will incorporate and implement some of these mire critical functionality concerns that everyday users find or may deem more usable.

Not just colour of the skins or more info notes on tracks, artiste or albums that of course in almost non existent with the Aurender OS.

I wonder how Roon handles Korean music, maybe Aurender has its strenghts there?

There are some glaring issues such as simple things as deleting individual tracks stored on a playlist and rearranging the order of a playlist at any time seems not possible for what i have tried i havent even asked.

Simply, certain issues need to be immediately taken to task and implemented quickly, otherwise very soon, all users will really need to fall to roon and abandon the use if Aurender OS due to these blindingly inadequacies.

Or Aurender should really look to enable the use of roon if their own OS can not be developed enough to keep up with what is offered by competitors.

They would also save a lot on any further OS development costs.

1 hour ago, Vincent1234 said:

True. And one of the reasons for Aurender not to use these high powered CPU's is indeed to reach a higher SQ. This is not a unique stance by the way and more server suppliers follow this same strategy. Sure this means Roon is likely off the table. But I agree with several others here that SQ should ALWAYS come first. Although I have a very high-end DAC which also serves as a Roon endpoint I have never reached the level of SQ through Roon as through my W20. Ever. If that were the case I would have sold my W20 and would have been able to buy loads of music for the sales price. 😊 But no, it simply sounds WAY to good to part from it. And I'm very glad it does.

This is an interesting idea that low-power CPU's are preferable for reaching high sound quality (besides other measures, of course)! Is there evidence in the user forums?

If I already realise how much better an N100 is over Nucleus, the sound quality reachable with a W20 must be phenomenal! I envy you people with your N10s and W20s!

By the way, I find Aurender's Conductor app quite all right, certainly not as fancy as Roon, but nevertheless, good. And most of all: rock steady! Never ever had a problem with it. But new colour schemes will be good add-on.

1 hour ago, justubes said:

There are some glaring issues such as simple things as deleting individual tracks stored on a playlist and rearranging the order of a playlist at any time seems not possible for what i have tried i havent even asked.

Ehhmm..? Really? Have you even read the manual..?

Of course these things are possible, and very easy too!

Oh my bad. i will look if i can find it, it just does not come easily or  intuitively in any case, that was my point.

I dont recall ever reading the Bluos manual, if there was one. But i figure out and can do many more functions be just the popup selections.

I dont usually read through documentations, maybe that is why i would not dare to try room.

1 minute ago, justubes said:

Oh my bad. i will look if i can find it, it just does not come easily or  intuitively in any case, that was my point.

I dont recall ever reading the Bluos manual, if there was one. But i figure out and can do many more functions be just the popup selections.

I dont usually read through documentations, maybe that is why i would not dare to try room.

Just swiping tracks when playing the respective playlist removes them from the list. Easy peasy. Moving them to another spot in the list is also easy. 😊

Thanks, i know that one.

What i want is that say i have a playlist, i want to go in the playlist and delete or rearrange track order permanently at one go. I accomplish do this with bluos.

For Aurender when i play a playlist maybe over days. I will delete what i do not want any longer and many have another few hundred new tracks from tidal i just want to listen once.

I will not save over this whole new playlist as i now have hundreds of tracks i do not want to keep. Individual tracks are added  whilst i listen. By the end if it there now may have some tracks i have saved twice or thrice and some that i decided i do not want in my playlist anymore.

There may be tracks also played currently in the list and i cannot recall if i did like or not like it after a few listens over the past week.

How would or can manage to organise my playlist now. It is a mess.

Honestly, on tidal there is so such music i cannot remember or even know the artist or band after listening to it over the course of the week or weeks.

Swipping individually to delete tracks from maybe 30 random albums. Hmmmm i dont see myself doing that ornthat i am just yo lazy to swipe over 300 or 400 tracks to delete.

I then just have to clear the list because it has been too large or unmanageable to me and start over again with new selections.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, my N10 display panel suddenly turns to random lines and cannot show anything makes sense. Luckily, it still can play music as usual. I have tried to contact support via the online messaging using the conductor, very unfortunately, no response from aurender, already several dayssss. I have contacted my dealer as well, still waiting for response. Just share with all users, it seems the service respond has been deteriorated so much as I recalled they could response promptly in 2016/17, but now.

BTW, anyone has experienced the same display problem, I think I would happen in any model  and how did u fix it?

Aurender N10, Oppo 103 w Vanity HD card, Dutch&Dutch 8c, Shunyata Denali v2, MiniDSP SHD Studio, Mutec MC3+USB

I have had that issue recently too. I am also having trouble keeping my N10 operational.  I keep having to reset it.  And it keeps giving me the spinning wheel and, when I click on the address, it tells me “try again later.”  I got an email from Aurender just last night telling me something I didn’t understand (about how my message was sent somewhere else), but my unit seems to be working better now.

@AriMargolis thank for asking. I am from Hong Kong and I have sent email to [email protected] on 21/6/2019@13:24 asking for help but I didn't attach photo in the email. So far no response. I have asked my hifi company where I bought N10 what to do. I have passed to them serial number and photo as they said they would contact Aurender or whatever although they are no longer aurender's distributor.

Here is a photo showing the problem with the display panel.

583857422_N10displaypanel.png.1cc76c4c8941f2e7afd3b6449dbd93e9.png

Aurender N10, Oppo 103 w Vanity HD card, Dutch&Dutch 8c, Shunyata Denali v2, MiniDSP SHD Studio, Mutec MC3+USB

Hello, It seems to me that display is burned. I had the same problem with my X100L (model from 2015). I sent the photo to support, they remotely inspected the unit and confirmed the issue.

I asked for replacement display, got it, and replaced it myself. At the time of problem my Aurender was out of warranty. Good luck.

7 hours ago, AriMargolis said:

@panda123456 Thanks for sending that picture! Very helpful. Unfortunately the screen will will need to be replaced. Camille (our Asian support rep) will be in touch to help coordinate the repair on the most efficient manner possible.

To be fair, I feel I must set the record straight on the following statement by pointing out that Camille did respond to your original email on June 20 about 10 hours after yours came in. It’s ok, these things (missing emails) happen. But please reconsider whether your public service announcement below is really accurate: 

Anyway, we are very sorry for the inconvenience caused by the blown screen. Please be assured that we will do everything we can to coordinate a speedy repair.

@AriMargolis thank you for your information. Finally, I’ve found why I never received your email in my yahoo mail account. Your mails were sent to my iCloud account that I never used. But I recalled the message I sent out from the Conductor was marked with my yahoo account name. Let’s me check it later.

Yes, I confirmed that Camille had sent me email on Friday. I will get in touch with her then. Your response was very fast. Sorry that I just received it today. 

This happens all the time in the digital world.  SO often we've all seen this same scenario where a company does it's job and responds quickly, but it it to a dead account that was never updated, or to spam etc...  I use Apple and have to constantly change the outgoing email server being used as it always tries to default to my iCloud email that I too, NEVER USE.  (I have to have my me.com and iCloud.com as I've been with them so long and it has screwed me up since the change years ago).  

Glad that it will all be taken care of quickly.  Very few I know have had problems with Aurender, but when they do, the company gets things fixed very quickly.  I dont' own Aurender (I have a Laufer The Memory Player with integrated DAC), but feel the N10 is the best server in the business IRT ease of use, sound quality, build quality etc....  They make GREAT products.  I'm obviously not a shill as I have zero skin in the game.  Can't wait for your unit to get fixed adn back in your system.

I just noticed that the Conductor screen doesn’t completely fill my iPad 11 inch Pro. Is this normal?

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Filled my I pad pro using an Aurender A10

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors