IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:01 AM, AriMargolis said:

@Quadiffusor HK you'll be pleased to know (as am I) that we are prioritizing a feature where one can assign a star rating to all tracks on the album with one command. You can then go back and adjust the number of stars for each individual track if you want. 

So, it is still track-by-track based ratings, but you don't have to assign them one-by-one. This will be easier than creating a new database field for album-associated ratings. 

Please don't ask "when"...if I had an answer to that question I would share it! :) 

@AriMargolis That would be an interesting feature for those accustomed to star-rating individual tracks for the majority of their music library, but my guess is that very few people actually do that, as there are 10s of thousands, if not 100s of thousands of individual tracks in an audiophile's rather large library.  For example, I have only star-rated less than 100 individual songs which I believe are truly exceptional, so that I can track and recall them discretely.  Hence, this new feature would not be something I'll ever use, as doing so will create a massive and equally unmanageable situation of a zillion stars, whose utility and value will likely become severely diluted.

AGAIN, I implore the team to add a new feature to be able to star-rate ALBUMS (and not just individual tracks) - or just as useful, to be able to simply apply a binary star-ON or star-OFF identifier to individual albums.  This simple feature will help separate noteworthy individual albums from the ever-growing, hundreds of thousands of albums out there, whose utility and value should be very simple to see and understand.  TIDAL already offers this feature, and simply said, it is THE most useful tool to have, bar none !

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 6:02 AM, AriMargolis said:

@Quadiffusor HK I think you're misunderstanding how this would work - I think we're both talking about the same thing: a feature where the whole album's worth of tracks would be rate-able in one command. Then, when you use the "star" filter to view albums that you have starred or "favorited", all of those tracks from all of those albums will show up. Of course they'll still be sorted and browesable by complete album, not just by track. This completely accomplishes the goal of what you're trying to achieve:

@AriMargolis, yes I'm afraid I don't understand.  I would appreciate your patience, to explain once again how to tag single albums without birthing zillions of unrelated stars ratings (for individual tracks inside that one album) in the process, as this would cause great harm in destroying and diluting my carefully-curated star rating database on individual tracks I had already built separately.  Essentially, I'm interested in tagging a couple of restaurants out of the thousands I've visited over my lifetime without having to star rank every single entrée on each restaurant's menu.  I hope you understand this analogy, so you can help direct your software team to develop this software feature in the Aurender Conductor App.  Thank you!

10 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 8.33.21 AM.png

I know but I am just a bit impatient. 😁

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

9 minutes ago, edje said:

Anybody tried the new conductor app? It is launched today in the App store!

Thanks. Just now playing with it. So far, it looks very good.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

1 hour ago, edje said:

Anybody tried the new conductor app? It is launched today in the App store!

yes looks great.  On my 12.9" iPad Pro I can see significantly more albums than before which is also nice.  The ability to protect (aka backup) your ratings and playlists is also a nice edition.

IMG_0468.jpg

Carlin "Rick" Smith

7 hours ago, SirAtilla said:

yes looks great.  On my 12.9" iPad Pro I can see significantly more albums than before which is also nice.  The ability to protect (aka backup) your ratings and playlists is also a nice edition.

IMG_0468.jpg

I’m still trying to get used to this look as I’m so used to the old one, but I think that I’m coming around.  Of the 3:different themes, I like the dark best.  

Aurender N10 music server, Ayre QX-5 & PS Audio DirectStream DACs, PS Audio DMP transport, Ayre KX-R 20 preamp, Ayre MX-R 20mono blocks, Sonus Faber Stradivari speakers, Shunyata Denali 6000S v2/Typhon QR power distributor, Shunyata Research Sigma & Synergistic Research Galileo  cables and power cords. DH Labs digital XLR, BNC, USB, optical cables 

5 minutes ago, NordicBob said:

I’m still trying to get used to this look as I’m so used to the old one, but I think that I’m coming around.  Of the 3:different themes, I like the dark best.  

Same here, don’t really care for the light or warm themes. 

I do like the more 3D shadows on the buttons, of the older one as this looks a bit flat to me. Yes, I know, I’m never happy but thank you Aurender for the update. 

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

1 hour ago, JS21 said:

Same here, don’t really care for the light or warm themes. 

I do like the more 3D shadows on the buttons, of the older one as this looks a bit flat to me. Yes, I know, I’m never happy but thank you Aurender for the update. 

I thought that I was missing something and I bet that could be it regarding the 3D shadows. 

Aurender N10 music server, Ayre QX-5 & PS Audio DirectStream DACs, PS Audio DMP transport, Ayre KX-R 20 preamp, Ayre MX-R 20mono blocks, Sonus Faber Stradivari speakers, Shunyata Denali 6000S v2/Typhon QR power distributor, Shunyata Research Sigma & Synergistic Research Galileo  cables and power cords. DH Labs digital XLR, BNC, USB, optical cables 

What a great update, on my iPad 12.9” pro. I prefer the black theme, album art icons on playlist list/queue are a nice feature. Everything works as it should. This is why I have had my N100 for around 5 years now and not looking to replace or upgrade for many more years to come. Here’s the list of what’s new in V3.

9639A517-0716-42F1-9F26-30D28E5403E1.png

Kii Three, Kii Stands, Kii Control. Aurender N100, 1TB SSD. Rega Planer 10 with Alpheta 3 MC cart, RCM Sensor 2 Phono Stage. PS Audio AC5 Power Regenerator. Audioquest Cat5 Ethernet, Diamond USB & Yukon XLR.

Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia.

I upgraded to conductor 3.0 for my W20.

New interface looks good, but... I am disapointed: Last year in September 2018, I has a mail exchange with Aurender's Technical Support Manager , about the Lyrics being displayed like ROON does, and the answer was

"Currently, no, there is no provision for vieing lyrics within the Conductor app. However, Conductor 3.0 is currently under development. It is a complete overhaul that will maintain foundation of the simple Aurender user experience but will incorporate more of the automatic metadata retrieval and implementation that Roon has made essential. A solution for retrieving and displaying song lyrics is included in the long list of features that will be enabled. It is still too soon to talk about any kind of release date, but it is coming...... By “automatic metadata retrieval” I mean download/retrieval from the internet. So, no, you won’t have to manually tag lyrics to all your songs!

In the interest of setting your expectations properly, I have to add that since we are a small company, it will be some time before 3.0 is ready for universal release. But we are committed to building an app/user experience that competes with Roon. As music lovers, we really respect the discovery and metadata implementation/retrieval functionality that Roon has developed."

And this conversation convinced me to purchase the W20 instead of a ROON Server.

Today, I see that lyrics are still not implemented.  and I am disapointed by those promises not holded...  :-(

6 hours ago, bmichels said:

I upgraded to conductor 3.0 for my W20.

New interface looks good, but... I am disapointed: Last year in September 2018, I has a mail exchange with Aurender's Technical Support Manager , about the Lyrics being displayed like ROON does, and the answer was

"Currently, no, there is no provision for vieing lyrics within the Conductor app. However, Conductor 3.0 is currently under development. It is a complete overhaul that will maintain foundation of the simple Aurender user experience but will incorporate more of the automatic metadata retrieval and implementation that Roon has made essential. A solution for retrieving and displaying song lyrics is included in the long list of features that will be enabled. It is still too soon to talk about any kind of release date, but it is coming...... By “automatic metadata retrieval” I mean download/retrieval from the internet. So, no, you won’t have to manually tag lyrics to all your songs!

In the interest of setting your expectations properly, I have to add that since we are a small company, it will be some time before 3.0 is ready for universal release. But we are committed to building an app/user experience that competes with Roon. As music lovers, we really respect the discovery and metadata implementation/retrieval functionality that Roon has developed."

And this conversation convinced me to purchase the W20 instead of a ROON Server.

Today, I see that lyrics are still not implemented.  and I am disapointed by those promises not holded...  :-(

You should never trust a software developer when it comes to promises about features and timelines 😀

I communicated  with Aurender 2015 regarding some improvements around tagging/sorting since I felt the app did a rather poor job in this area. Based on the replies, the impression I got was that improvements in that area were planned. Four years and many conductor-releases later, nothing has happened in this area. Luckily, i moved on to other solutions that suited me better, so my suggestion is that you should make your buying decisions on what the solution provides today - not what you hope it will provide in the future.

CD/SACD: Krell Evolution 505, Vinyl: Spiral Groove 1.2/Spiral Groove Centroid/Clearaudio Stradivari V2, Phono Stage: Audio Reseach Reference Phono 2, Music Servers/Streamers: Aurender S10/Intel Nuc with Roon Rock, DAC: PS Audio Direct Stream DAC w. Bridge II, Preamp: Audio Reseach Reference 5 SE, Poweramp: Audio Research Reference 75, Speakers: Wilson Audio Sophia II