IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

10 minutes ago, Jud said:

Same answer.  Unless you wish to install and configure upmpdcli for yourself on your Linux machine (or try GentooPlayer or another UPnP/DLNA renderer and see if it works), then you can buy and use a microRendu for both HQP/NAA and Audirvana/UPnP/DLNA, switching between the two with a convenient web GUI.  The web GUI can be accessed from a smartphone browser, so you can switch back and forth from your listening position if you wish.

Thanks for the info, appreciated.  I'll have to digest the info a bit (not fimiliar with upmpdcli) but shouldn't Audirvana see my opticalRendu via DLNA (or whatever the ideal implementation is for an endpoint)?  Not sure the ref to a microRendu? 

My rig

22 minutes ago, Foggie said:

shouldn't Audirvana see my opticalRendu via DLNA

yes, but it can only be one thing at a time

yes, if you have set the OR to be a DLNA receiver. If you have it set to be an HQP NAA then no

you don't need/want upmpdcli because that would be on the receiver end, and your OR already has the software you need, you just have to set it up properly. If you have the OR set up as DLNA and a DLNA server can't see it then something else is going on

see my system at Audiogon  https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/768

2 hours ago, Foggie said:

Thanks for the info, appreciated.  I'll have to digest the info a bit (not fimiliar with upmpdcli) but shouldn't Audirvana see my opticalRendu via DLNA (or whatever the ideal implementation is for an endpoint)?  Not sure the ref to a microRendu? 

If you go to the web menu for the Optical Rendu, go to Apps and use the AppSwitcher to switch it to UPnP/DLNA; then go to the Settings, make sure UPnP/DLNA is set to output FLAC, and save that setting; and your Optical Rendu is connected to your DAC; then Audirvana's device menu (speaker icon on lower right) should see it.

I'm doing all this from memory, so someone correct me if I have any of that wrong.

Edit: Ah, missed what @The Computer Audiophile noticed. Do what he mentions also.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

9 hours ago, Jud said:

If you go to the web menu for the Optical Rendu, go to Apps and use the AppSwitcher to switch it to UPnP/DLNA; then go to the Settings, make sure UPnP/DLNA is set to output FLAC, and save that setting; and your Optical Rendu is connected to your DAC; then Audirvana's device menu (speaker icon on lower right) should see it.

I'm doing all this from memory, so someone correct me if I have any of that wrong.

Edit: Ah, missed what @The Computer Audiophile noticed. Do what he mentions also.

I'll give these settings a whirl, thanks

My rig

5 hours ago, Saffuria said:

ya.. waiting for a suitable time to have european and american customers pounding their servers at the same time

Should have been started via email to existing A+ users.😡

greyscale

Marantz 6007, PSB Image B6 & B5, Synology 216+, 2010 Macbook Pro

Audirvana 3.03, JRiver.

18 minutes ago, greyscale said:

Should have been started via email to existing A+ users.😡

Ideally, yes. But I imagine what this means is that they are working pretty hard to get it out, so I would rather they expend limited resources on that rather than notifying everyone, if one must be prioritized.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I’ve had some issues with this. I also have issues with it analyzing my library. I’m working with Damien. 

Thanks for keeping us updated. Guys, you may want to hold off with testing Studio before this is resolved.

In the meantime, my library (about 100K tracks) has been migrating for 10 min plus. Will just let it run and hope for the best.