IGNORED

So today my McIntosh MA9000 arrived at the dealer with a huge hole in the box!...

992Sam

After waiting 2 months for it, the MA9000 arrived with a huge hold in the outer box, and a crack on the front glass (look at the right side, near the meter window) ..

What would you do?   I'm being told they can ship a new glass face to replace .. it might be another month or more to get a new unit..

I'm a bit frustrated but wonder what you all think is the way I should handle this?  

(Photos included)

IMG_3327.jpeg

IMG_3319.jpeg

• 992Sam changed the title to So today my McIntosh MA9000 arrived at the dealer with a huge hole in the box!...

Do you have to pay the return shipping costs of the damaged unit ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Just now, sandyk said:

Do you have to pay the return shipping costs of the damaged unit ?

no, I haven't even taken delivery of it yet.. this was all at my dealers shop..  

I'm just wondering if I should be ok with a repair?  And should I expect a extended warranty?

1 minute ago, sandyk said:

In this case, if you can wait, perhaps you should request a brand new replacement unit ?

If I can wait is on my mind... been anxiously waiting the better part of 2 months!   

2020 is just a doozie of a year! 

8 hours ago, JoeWhip said:

Yes but that was probably done to check to see interior damage without having to open the box up completely.

What benefit is there in that? Seems to me that's destroying the evidence required to make a claim against the courier.  OTH, perhaps the damage happened in the dealer's domain? In any case, the dealer would need to do a complete inspection sans packaging.

mQa is dead!

22 minutes ago, lucretius said:

What benefit is there in that? Seems to me that's destroying the evidence required to make a claim against the courier.  OTH, perhaps the damage happened in the dealer's domain? In any case, the dealer would need to do a complete inspection sans packaging.

Simple, it preserved the obvious puncture of the box and removed any possible argument of tampering if the box was completely opened and the piece removed. This is pretty typical in these situations.

The extra wait would kill me but I’d ask for a new unit. 

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

Sam,

Enjoy the McIntosh separates and the peace of mind of knowing that there is no risk of internal damage to your units, and that you don't have to delay your enjoyment of your new gear.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron