IGNORED

The EtherREGEN thread for various network, cable, power experiences and experiments

13 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Two. One for oM. One for EtherRegen.

This is multi mode. You may like to standardize on single mode. Yellow cable with blue connectors. The modules is more expensive. It’s something you have to decide. 

Stay away from it. There is no reason to pay 10 times more. 
Use money on good DC cables. (JSSG360). 

Can you give a recommendation for a transreceiver?  I don't know a thing about transreceivers so I'm looking for recommnedations.  I don't know why a single mode is better than a multi mode.  Any recommendations for an optical cable?

@R1200CL

I followed your previous advice.
Two days ago I received a Belden 1303E CAT6A Ethernet cable (JSSG360) to put it between my etherregen output B and my streamer

I also received to connect between my roon nucleus and my Keces P8 a Gotham GAC-4/1 11301 UltraPro Star Quad DC (JSSG360) cable.
I hesitated with the Neotech UPOCC 7N Copper 16AWG DC (JSSG360).

Your valuable opinion on the last two cables?

19 minutes ago, Stevem324 said:

Can you give a recommendation for a transreceiver?  I don't know a thing about transreceivers so I'm looking for recommnedations.  I don't know why a single mode is better than a multi mode.  Any recommendations for an optical cable?

I use these multimode:  https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U77VPX2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

with this cable:  https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T5796DQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't have the oM deluxe, just the oM, but this combo should work fine with both oM and eR.

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

I read that @Superdaddo not advise to put an ethernet filter between the output B of the etherregen and the audio streamer.
After several tries and tests, I had the opposite effect. My sound is definitely better on my test playlist with my SOtM ISO CAT 6 filter.
configuration. I don't explain why !

ER B> Belden 1303E CAT6A Ethernet cable (JSSG360)> SOtm Iso CAT 6 filter> SOtM dCBL-CAT6 HG cable 20 cm> Streamer SOtM 200 ultra Neo.

IMG_2305.jpg

16 minutes ago, Stevem324 said:

Thank you!

there are helpful videos if you have never used SFP (I hadn't and watched a few):

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

4 hours ago, PYP said:

I use these multimode:  https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U77VPX2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

with this cable:  https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T5796DQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't have the oM deluxe, just the oM, but this combo should work fine with both oM and eR.

@PYPI just ordered the oM deluxe, and the transreceivers and cables that you recommended.  I also ordered the LPS-1.2 to power the oM.  I'm hoping that this optical input to my ER will make a noticeable improvement in my streaming SQ.  Thanks for your help!

28 minutes ago, Stevem324 said:

@PYPI just ordered the oM deluxe, and the transreceivers and cables that you recommended.  I also ordered the LPS-1.2 to power the oM.  I'm hoping that this optical input to my ER will make a noticeable improvement in my streaming SQ.  Thanks for your help!

Congratulations!  It does take some time to thoroughly break in and settle in.  Hope it works out for you.  Let us know how it goes.   

1 hour ago, MasterWarzombie said:

What do you believing you accomplish with those cords? (Other than having the exact length you may require).

Stereo

[Genelec 1032C x 2 + 7360 x 2] <== [MC3+USB x 3 <-- REF10 SE120] <== [AERIS G2] <== [EtherRegen x 3]
Chain switchable to [Genelec 8331 x 2 + 7350]

Surround

[Genelec 1032C x 3 + 8431 x 2  + 7360 x 2] <== [MiniDSP U-DIO8] <== [Mac Mini] 

10 minutes ago, LowMidHigh said:

What do you believing you accomplish with those cords? (Other than having the exact length you may require).

There is no belief. It’s proven to enhance SQ. Quite a lot. Best cables around. Period. 

40 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

There is no belief. It’s proven to enhance SQ. Quite a lot. Best cables around. Period. 

You come across as a religious zealot.

Providing either a working theory as to why those cable can make a difference, or demonstrating it with measurements or blind tests, would have addressed my question more pointedly. 

Stereo

[Genelec 1032C x 2 + 7360 x 2] <== [MC3+USB x 3 <-- REF10 SE120] <== [AERIS G2] <== [EtherRegen x 3]

Surround

4 hours ago, LowMidHigh said:

First, I am actually looking to have the exact length and the correct connector (2.5 or 2.1). I just hope the build quality is serious. For the SQ, if the cable does not affect it and it is rather neutral. it's OK for me .

Which cable are you using?

thank you :)

Laurent

25 minutes ago, MasterWarzombie said:

First, I am actually looking to have the exact length and the correct connector (2.5 or 2.1). I just hope the build quality is serious. For the SQ, if the cable does not affect it and it is rather neutral. it's OK for me .

Which cable are you using?

thank you :)

Laurent

The build quality is as good as it gets. I needed a custom DC cable with a USB end, and Ghent delivered a flawless product.

Nothing fancy; just very clean, fitted with reliable components and a fat Canare cord. 

Most times, I use the enclosed DC cables since it's all hidden at the back of my rack. I suppose that if cosmetics were a priority, I'd get my cables custom made with Ghent. His certainly look better than any generic OEM cables. 

Sound wise, other than anecdotal testimonies, there's nothing to suggest that high-end that DC cables can make a difference, 

Stereo

Surround

27 minutes ago, MartinT said:

Anecdotally, if you truly think a good DC cable doesn't make a difference over the cheap ones supplied, then either your system lacks resolution or you're not listening very carefully.

They do make a difference.  Try listening to one against the other.

yes Martin. Totally agree. They really make a difference! Perhaps one year ago, I saw a good used deal  on AS for a DC cable from Sonore (apologies Alex). I did the upgrade from a Ghent (don’t remember the model) and I felt a difference. By curiosity, I asked the former owner if he too had made an upgrade. He confirmed that he was using an audio sensibility silver cable and was very satisfied with the differences felt. So I decided to take the risk and I am now a happy owner of 2 of those cables and considering a 3rd one. 

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

28 minutes ago, soares said:

yes Martin. Totally agree. They really make a difference! Perhaps one year ago, I saw a good used deal  on AS for a DC cable from Sonore (apologies Alex). I did the upgrade from a Ghent (don’t remember the model) and I felt a difference. By curiosity, I asked the former owner if he too had made an upgrade. He confirmed that he was using an audio sensibility silver cable and was very satisfied with the differences felt. So I decided to take the risk and I am now a happy owner of 2 of those cables and considering a 3rd one. 

Hi Soares, can you paste a link for the DC cable from audio sensibility can't find a DC cable on their website....

thank you!

7 hours ago, LowMidHigh said:

Providing either a working theory as to why those cable can make a difference, or demonstrating it with measurements or blind tests, would have addressed my question more pointedly. 

Well, you can start with this post:

And continue with this search. 
https://audiophilestyle.com/search/?&q=Quad&author=JohnSwenson&search_and_or=and&sortby=relevancy

You can also study the theory behind JSSG360 (or just JSSG). Basically it’s a Faraday Cage on a cable. 
Makes a lot of sense to me.

Uptone has some unique DC cables as they can use lower AWG, since Alex has access to special version og Oyade DC plugs. Only available for JS-2 customers. 

2 hours ago, Mouna said:

Hi Soares, can you paste a link for the DC cable from audio sensibility can't find a DC cable on their website....

thank you!

https://audiosensibility.com/blog/products-2/power-cables-2/#!/Signature-Silver-DC-Cable/p/102469015/category=2595837
Here it is!

Cheers, 

Jorge

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

3 hours ago, soares said:

I have two copper cables at Audiosensibility connecting my JS2 UPtone with my clock and my Sotm switch. The Bleden cables supplied with the JS2 are too long .... yet very qualitative.

Is the Silver version brightness which I don't want? it is to possibly connect my Sotm streamer