IGNORED

The EtherREGEN thread for various network, cable, power experiences and experiments

10 hours ago, Superdad said:

which will become EtherREGEN Gen2

Bring it on, Alex!

What news on expected readiness?

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore Signature Rendu SE streamer > Gustard U18 DDC > Gustard X26 Pro DAC > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. AfterDark clocks x 2. PS Audio P3 & P10 regenerators.

https://theaudiostandard.net

I think my new favorite technical term is “flip flop”.  😀

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

1 hour ago, kennyb123 said:

I think my new favorite technical term is “flip flop”.  😀

They are cool--and highly effective. Especially the ones that we use. B|   These buggers now cost us $15.50 each!

(Used to pay $8.50 when I ordered 3K at a time. Those days are gone.  Even that big a buy now only gets us down to $12.50 each.) And don't get me started on the cost of Gigabit isolators or piles of LT3045/42 linear regulators...

1 hour ago, Superdad said:

Those days are gone.  Even that big a buy now only gets us down to $12.50 each.) And don't get me started on the cost of Gigabit isolators or piles of LT3045/42 linear regulators...

I figured you wouldn’t be able to hit the same price point for the Gen 2 given how much more expensive everything is.  I have little doubt though that it will deliver a huge bang for the buck.

I’m thinking though that you should call the Gen 2 model the EtherFlipflop.  🙂

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

On 3/4/2024 at 4:55 AM, Superdad said:

ultimately we are trying above all to benefit the DAC-attached endpoint (or Ethernet-input-equipped DAC) with the best signal. And for a variety of reasons that is generally always going to be the 'B' port.

After 24 hrs of cable etc 'settling' (or whatever) and them another few hrs including a bit of tweaking and listening, I think that Side A server Side B towards endpoint is best ... but of course you will not be surprised.  So extra reclocking doesn't seem superior to Side B.

special reclocking flip-flops.  So both are needed.

Both are needed to get the Side B result, but the point I was making is the flip flops are what sets ER design apart from typical isolation that doesn't.

Paul McGowan officially confirmed that they are NOT using optical digital isolators in the AirLens

My mistake, I was sure I has heard or seen that they are.  In a Youtube Paul 'vaguely' mentions RF .  He also implies it is extremely rare for a streamer to isolate its output stage - maybe he hasn't seen Auralic, Aqua ...

2 hours ago, JohnSwenson said:

I was there for 33 years and it all started with a flipflop.

That's flipping amazing, you're a flopping genius!

6 hours ago, dbastin said:

Both are needed to get the Side B result, but the point I was making is the flip flops are what sets ER design apart from typical isolation that doesn't.

Sure. But as far as I have seen, there are NO other switches on the market putting Ethernet through digital isolators at all. B|