Hi Qobuz team, just a feature request that popped into my head this afternoon. It would be great if the Qobuz client could see my ripped CDs and content purchased elsewhere / downloaded. But, rather than point Qobuz at my NAS or local drive, I want Qobuz to upload my collection to the cloud. This would make it available anywhere, provide a great backup, as well as other things. Charge whatever you need. For $5 per month I get unlimited storage through the VOX app, but would rather use the Qobuz client for this. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Qobuz team, just a feature request that popped into my head this afternoon. It would be great if the Qobuz client could see my ripped CDs and content purchased elsewhere / downloaded. But, rather than point Qobuz at my NAS or local drive, I want Qobuz to upload my collection to the cloud. This would make it available anywhere, provide a great backup, as well as other things. Charge whatever you need. For $5 per month I get unlimited storage through the VOX app, but would rather use the Qobuz client for this. 

I second Chris’s request as long as a user can upload their own files in CD or better resolution at least up to 192/24 and those files are seamlessly integrated with Qobuz’s catalog so a user can stream everything and mix and match files for making playlists and whatever. This would allow users to fill in the missing holes in an artist’s catalog as well as have their own preferred versions or masterings of files integrated with Qobuz’s catalog for the best streaming experience possible as far as a library goes. There are other features that also need to be implemented to make Qobuz the best music streaming service around. But this would certainly help a lot.

I think a streaming service would never allow you to upload anything to their server. 
The best you can hope for is integration with a cloud service. A thing not even Roon offers yet.

Also I would expect such a feature to be limited to personal accounts only, not family accounts. 

10 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

I think a streaming service would never allow you to upload anything to their server. 
The best you can hope for is integration with a cloud service. A thing not even Roon offers yet.

Also I would expect such a feature to be limited to personal accounts only, not family accounts. 

Not talking directly to their servers it would be a cloud as Chris mentioned but Qobuz could implement a way to integrate it so to a user it looks and works as if they were Qobuz’s own files. For example you uploaded your file to a cloud storage locker they provide yet your metadata For those files shows up in Qobuz’s software so you could use your files to integrate with Qobuz’s files when making playlists. Qobuz only needs to point to which file for playback purposes. It could be done.

47 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

VOX already allows this and is working on Qobuz integration according to its support forum. 

I don’t see where the issue is. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 11/27/2020 at 10:04 AM, David Craff said:

Hi

This order is not yet available from our API. But this can be done if all the favourites are load and order by the application.

The best way is to wait to Qobuz to add this feature.

Regards

Thanks David. When can we expect the update?

12 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We have already thought of this feature and added it to our backlog.

A big backlog with a lot of priority over this feature.

But it's still an interesting and complicated feature at the same time.

Complicated on the display of meta data (when they are incomplete or non-existent).

Not to mention that our current player can't read all the available audio formats.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

1 hour ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We have already thought of this feature and added it to our backlog.

A big backlog with a lot of priority over this feature.

But it's still an interesting and complicated feature at the same time.

Complicated on the display of meta data (when they are incomplete or non-existent).

Not to mention that our current player can't read all the available audio formats.

Regards

Thanks David. 

I would start with FLAC, WAV, and AIFF and just read the metadata tags. VOX does this pretty well. More can come later, such as DSD and multi channel etc...

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Thanks David. 

I would start with FLAC, WAV, and AIFF and just read the metadata tags. VOX does this pretty well. More can come later, such as DSD and multi channel etc...

Let's wait and see if we can catch up on other features before we get into this one.

A choice of go or not go will be made soon on the DLNA.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Hi the other thing about uploading your library is that technically our licenses with the labels and rightsholders do not allow us to do that at this time. What you are talking about is a digital locker service. It is true that VOX is working on integrating Qobuz streaming into their apps which will be cool. 

27 minutes ago, dmackta said:

Hi the other thing about uploading your library is that technically our licenses with the labels and rightsholders do not allow us to do that at this time. What you are talking about is a digital locker service. It is true that VOX is working on integrating Qobuz streaming into their apps which will be cool. 

Licensing is a strange beast. 

I can start my own file storage service and allow people to play their music without any licensing. 

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Licensing is a strange beast. 

I can start my own file storage service and allow people to play their music without any licensing. 

You could just configure your router to be accessible from the WAN so you could get at the library on your NAS from anywhere you happen to be. With your background you should be able to pull that off. From what I have read though, it is not something that most network experts would agree is a good idea. If you can get in so can a hacker. I turned off all the remote access stuff on my ASUS router long ago and just allow access from my LAN. This comes up on the Roon forum frequently and they always say something about the dangers involved. At least if a third party is doing it, there is going to be someone to monitor it and be responsible. 

Just now, bobflood said:

You could just configure your router to be accessible from the WAN so you could get at the library on your NAS from anywhere you happen to be. With your background you should be able to pull that off. From what I have read though, it is not something that most network experts would agree is a good idea. If you can get in so can a hacker. I turned off all the remote access stuff on my ASUS router long ago and just allow access from my LAN. This comes up on the Roon forum frequently and they always say something about the dangers involved. At least if a third party is doing it, there is going to be someone to monitor it and be responsible. 

I've done this for many applications. However, it would be super cool if Qobuz could integrate streamed and purchase content in a single interface. 

Looking for some hints about Qobuz I stumbled upon this forum and thread. 

One thing that I miss on the Qobuz iPad app is an album view in the playlists. The Mac app has 3 views in the playlists. Are there any plans to include these views in the iPad app as well?