• 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2024 at 4:04 AM, jacobacci said:

@David Craff I am still confused. Some Albums have two versions, one with 'E' and one without. Are the explicit bits covered with beeps in the 'non E' version? See the sttached examples:

image.png

no e.png

in the albums i've listened to, there is a brief gap in the vocals.  my sample size is quite small -- only a few instances.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
  • 3 weeks later...

On the Mac Qobuz App there are 3 views available: track list, track list per album and album view. On the mobile apps there is only the track list available. I find it especially cumbersome on the mobile devices to navigate through the list of tracks. I think the addition of alternative views on mobile devices would be of great value. Are there any plans to make these views available?  

• 3 weeks later...

I know you’re already replied to me and said atmos was not a priority.

just a couple points to add.  It seems atmos is rapidly growing in popularity.  I’ve even read interviews from artists who are going back and adding almost mixes to their back catalog.  And although the target audience for these mixes is probably small, it is out there and growing rapidly.

There probably is an opportunity for a streaming service to be a first mover if they offer this in lossless quality.  As far as I know, it’s only offered in lossy at the moment.  I think that would be enough to entice that growing segment to switch streaming providers provided there was an app that could support it on their system.  I guess that’s an issue to however with no TV app yet.

I’m going to the theater tonight to hear Pearl Jam’s new album in Atmos. And, I literally got off the phone 30 seconds ago with one of the guys working on the lossless immersive streaming service. 

Immersive audio is here, and the drivers of it aren’t audiophiles trying to roll a boulder uphill (MQA, SACD, DVD-A, etc…)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png