A mobile interface change request.

Please set an option to allow the screen to stay on.  JRiver Gizmo (Android) has a user option that keeps the screen from timing out.  I would love for the screen to stay lit on the Qobuz Android app while I'm listening to music.  Drives me nuts having to log into my phone every couple of songs to see what is coming up next.

Kyhl

2 hours ago, jacobacci said:

I have just received a customer survey regarding usefulness of features and requested new features.

At the top I have put the ability to remote control the Qobuz desktop app.

Why? Streamers attached directly to a DAC are usually headless. No screen, no keyboard, no mouse. I use a NUC for this purpose and connect to my DAC via USB. For me it is a hassle to have to use my laptop to control Qobuz Dekstop on the NUC via Remote Desktop. Remote Desktop on a tablet or phone is virtually unusable. 

@David Craff , you have stated before that this feature is on the roadmap. Any visibility on ETA?

Yes this feature is in the backlog but not yet in the roadmap.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Re: the recent discussion of Japanese Jazz on this site. Seems like there is some very good music on these Japanese Labels. Maybe Qobuz can look into adding the labels Three Blind Mice (TBM) and East Wind. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Feature request for iOS app:

Please add to the context menu (three-dot menu) for a track in a playlist “Add to Playlists” without having to play the song.

Obviously there are other ways to add a track to a playlist.  If I play the song from a playlist and go to the song-now-playing screen, and select the three-dot menu, there is an option “Add to Playlists”. If I go to my favorite tracks and select the context menu I can add the song to a playlist. I would like to add a song from one playlist to another playlist without having to play it first or having to go to the favorite track list.

The API allows this: in BluOS I can add a song from a playlist to another playlist, so it seems odd that the native app does not allow this.

Thanks for considering.

Best regards,

Gus

On 2/21/2020 at 6:34 PM, LBob said:

It would also be useful if we could delete an album from a playlist.

You  can. Go to My Playlists and open one. Look for the three dots in a white circle icon at the left under the artwork. Click it and there are various options including delete.

Obviously that isn't available for playlists that haven't been created by you.

Thanks PAR. I use my iPad as a remote. There is no "delete" option that I can find when you use this. Didn't think about other options. When I used my computer to access my mac mini I could see the option. Strange that there is a remove option for favorites but not one for remove from playlist when you use the ipad.

2012 MacMini 8G ram -> Audirvana + 3.0 -> Mcintosh MHA 100> Nordost > Audeze LCD X

It's always a moving list but was wondering if the Qobuz Amazon app is slated for an update?

While one of the most unheralded "streamers" is actually the Amazon Fire & Firestick using Audirvana, it would be great to have a stand alone app to go up against (cough, cough) you know who. 🥶

• 3 weeks later...

Still on Tidal, but keep checking in on Qobuz every now and then because I really would like to switch.

Features I would like:

1. Differentiate Albums from Singles/EPs

2. Catalog improvements need to happen. There's nothing more frustrating that not finding a popular album on the US Qobuz catalog that's available on every other service.

• Look at the new Caribou for example. He's even featured on the Discover page as the top news feed item, yet his new album isn't available on the US catalog. I cannot switch when so many albums are unavailable.

3. Dark Mode for mac os app

4. Overall speed improvements in the apps

On 2/24/2020 at 4:41 PM, rando said:

Just wanted to thank Qobuz for instituting a means to submit releases missing from their US catalog.  

Sincerely,

Someone in your target audience the service was built around

Where's this feature?

6 hours ago, brianlg said:

Where's this feature?

Something tells me Monday morning is not going to be devoted to skimming the forums or casually checking up on unpublished new releases this week.  If you are a true fan my suggestion is to send Qobuz an email and please be patient.  :)  

The option I referred to is better left for non-time critical additions.

20 hours ago, brianlg said:

Still on Tidal, but keep checking in on Qobuz every now and then because I really would like to switch.

Features I would like:

1. Differentiate Albums from Singles/EPs

2. Catalog improvements need to happen. There's nothing more frustrating that not finding a popular album on the US Qobuz catalog that's available on every other service.

• Look at the new Caribou for example. He's even featured on the Discover page as the top news feed item, yet his new album isn't available on the US catalog. I cannot switch when so many albums are unavailable.

3. Dark Mode for mac os app

4. Overall speed improvements in the apps

HI,

1. this is in progress, but take many time to apply on all catalog. This must be available this year.

2. Every day US catalog enlarged.

3. Hope to get this feature next summer

4. Every release we do some change to improve the overall speed.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2020 at 10:35 AM, ripples said:

I find this very strange it should be on top of the ready to develop list

Hi ripples

Unfortunately, we have other priorities which, I realise, are not necessarily yours.

We are aware that this feature is important but before that we have to fix several problems with our applications.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

HI,

I will answer you later for the detail but maybe you can use the search engine with ECM in the query and select "label" for "search in" and add the filter "New release".

This can be helpfull while waiting for something better.

Of course you can't filter by genre and there is only new product and not a filter by date.

Regards

12 minutes ago, David Craff said:

HI,

I will answer you later for the detail but maybe you can use the search engine with ECM in the query and select "label" for "search in" and add the filter "New release".

This can be helpfull while waiting for something better.

Of course you can't filter by genre and there is only new product and not a filter by date.

Regards

Thanks David.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 4/17/2020 at 3:12 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Qobuz team, this has probably been asked and answered in different forms, but here goes my own feature request. 

Many of us are music junkies and will spend ungodly amounts of time find and listening to new music. Using Qobuz for this is both great and terrible. If great new music is selected as one of your very few highlighted albums, then we've all won. However, there are only a handful of albums visible as new releases each week for any given genre. 

For example, I love to see the new jazz releases. Looking at this screenshot I see many albums that are weeks old. Perhaps this section shouldn't be titled New Releases, rather Qobuz promoted somewhat new releases.

I know you guys have said in the past that there are way too many releases to list them all. I'm OK with that. This is what you guys do all day every day and you would know. However, can you at least make is possible for us to look at the record label ECM and sort by release date? Or, some other way to sort by release date per genre? This would enable you guys to maintain your new release selections, but enable others to really have a look at what else is new. This also wouldn't require much work from you guys because all the data is already there. It's just a sort feature. Once configured, it would take less work that selecting the new releases for the front page.

Thanks for your consideration.

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 8.05.54 AM.jpg

+100 on this. 

On 4/17/2020 at 3:42 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi @David Craff Here is what I end up with when I search for ECM, select Label and use the new release filter.

Step One, select the right filter and label:

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 8.41.09 AM.png

Step 2, view all releases:

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 8.41.13 AM.png

Hi,

The novelty filter is for products less than one month old. The result seems normal to me.

Of course it doesn't meet your expectations and we'll see what we can do on our side.

Regards