Thought to ask if an update to the Amazon Fire app is in the works?

Many people don't realize the high quality available streaming through it. 

Since optical out is available at 96K, the sound is tremendous excellent quality.

It's a gem not many know but I use streaming from Audirvana this way all the time.

Having a direct option through the Amazon Fire app would be terrific.

Interesting - presumably you are using Audirvana with the Amazon Fire TV as a UPnP/DLNA streamer.

If so, what app containing a UPnP/DLNA renderer are you running on the Amazon Fire TV (BubbleUPnP, for example)?

Also:

What are you plugging the Fire TV's HDMI output into as the go between, to get optical out (eg TV, AVR, etc)?

How can you be certain that you are getting up to 96kHz sample rate, especially as Amazon Fire TV devices don't support > 16bit/44.1kHz from Amazon's own Amazon Music HD streaming service even though hi-res tracks up to 24bit/192kHz are available?

Are you also able to get a bit depth of 24 bits?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

31 minutes ago, Cebolla said:

Interesting - presumably you are using Audirvana with the Amazon Fire TV as a UPnP/DLNA streamer.

If so, what app containing a UPnP/DLNA renderer are you running on the Amazon Fire TV (BubbleUPnP, for example)?

Yes, it's AirPlay&UPnP app available for just a few dollars. It runs automatically in the background once you have it downloaded to the Amazon Fire and works seamlessly with Audirvana 3.5 from my laptop. 

Also:

What are you plugging the Fire TV's HDMI output into as the go between, to get optical out (eg TV, AVR, etc)?

How can you be certain that you are getting up to 96kHz sample rate, especially as Amazon Fire TV devices don't support > 16bit/44.1kHz from Amazon's own Amazon Music HD streaming service even though hi-res tracks up to 24bit/192kHz are available?

Are you also able to get a bit depth of 24 bits?

My LG has an optical audio out so this goes directly to the DAC. Then it attaches to uniquely rebuild/remade tube mono blocks. 

I can say that it produces the best sound I've had in my system. The mono blocks are the big driver there but Audirvana & the Amazon Fire make sure it gets there. I can't be certain about the 96kHz sample rate on the other end as there's no reader showing it but I do know that it supports up to the 96KHZ sample rate up to 24 bit. 

https://developer.amazon.com/docs/fire-tv/device-specifications-fire-tv-stick.html

I've also used a direct connection to the DAC with Audirvana and I can say both are excellent. 

1 hour ago, Da Horsey said:

I can say that it produces the best sound I've had in my system. The mono blocks are the big driver there but Audirvana & the Amazon Fire make sure it gets there. I can't be certain about the 96kHz sample rate on the other end as there's no reader showing it but I do know that it supports up to the 96KHZ sample rate up to 24 bit. 

https://developer.amazon.com/docs/fire-tv/device-specifications-fire-tv-stick.html

Thanks for that.

image.png.13446727523717f571c38cf2ed1da2a4.png

Yes, the Fire TV Stick 4K's spec ties up nicely with how Audirvana sends audio over the network to UPnP/DLNA streamers. Audirvana always decodes its audio file tracks by playing them via its audio engine and its the resulting audio output packaged as WAV file streams that gets sent out over the network via UPnP/DLNA - so entirely possible for the Fire TV Stick 4K to be able to play hi-res tracks streamed from Audirvana, given that it supports up to 24bit/96kHz WAV.

It also explains why the Fire TV Stick 4K doesn't support Amazon Music HD's hi-res tracks - they are streamed as FLAC file tracks. Unfortunately, the 16bit/48kHz limit for FLAC means that the same would be true if the Fire TV Stick 4K were to stream Qobuz's tracks directly from its online server as they too are FLAC encoded.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I have two suggestions

1.For your Supply dept.

a) Zero 7 albums are missing

b) can you add some more IDM. You are very light on Ochre, Boards of Canada amongst others 

2. When you search an artist, in the albums section you list singles and some EPs rather than albums (try Zero 7). 

The gaps in the catalogue are the main priority in my view. I think the sound quality is superior to Tidal and I have to congratulate Qobuz on its support and its customer focus. 

I use Qobuz via Volumio in the system, in the car on my Android head unit, on the phone and at work with the Windows app. It would be great to have a sense of continuity if Qobuz were to maintain a non-editable playlist of recent songs across all the platforms. That way, I could play a song I was last listening to again in a different location without having to search for it again.

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore Signature Rendu Deluxe streamer > Gustard U18 DDC > Gustard X26 Pro DAC > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. AfterDark clocks x 2. Uptone JS-2 PSUs x 2.  PS Audio P3 & P12 regenerators.

https://theaudiostandard.net

22 hours ago, austinpop said:

I just found out — accidentally — that Qobuz now can search other users' public playlists! This is a feature I've wanted and been asking for, so it's only fair I give kudos to Qobuz for releasing it.

Did I just miss the announcement?

Can list out the steps on how to go about searching public playlists?

On 8/1/2020 at 1:09 AM, austinpop said:

Just enter your search term in the search bar. For example, to find the public playlists that are part of my reviews on AS, just type "austinpop" in the search bar, and the playlists pop up.

I'm not sure if this is working probably in Euphony because I can't find your playlists over there.

I have thousands of favorites in the Qobuz catalog, but there are limits to managing them just with the Favorites and Manual Playlists features.
I want the ability to build my own library from the Qobuz catalog. It is equivalent to managing local files with Audirvana. (I personally don't want to use Roon)
Especially for classical sound sources, it is very important to manage them by tags such as composer, instrument, style, conductor, orchestra and soloist.
Since Audirvana can be linked with Qobuz, it is better if Audirvana can manage it, but currently Audirvana does not provide such a function.
I'm reaching the limit of managing libraries on Qobuz.

Qobuz currently provides Track Gain via API.
It can be used as ReplayGain on Roon, BubbleUPnP (Android App) and BubbleUPnP Server.
However, I think that generally use Album Gain more than Track Gain for ReplayGain.
I request that Qobuz provide Album Gain.

On 7/30/2020 at 11:01 PM, austinpop said:

I just found out — accidentally — that Qobuz now can search other users' public playlists! This is a feature I've wanted and been asking for, so it's only fair I give kudos to Qobuz for releasing it.

Did I just miss the announcement?

Hi,

There is no announcement on the app. It is an evolution of the search engine visible on all Qobuz and partner applications.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Wafubloke said:

Hi, 1st time poster..... so go easy 😂

1. I would like to see Qobuz release their API again so that Qobuz could be implemented into Kodi again.
  2. For Qobuz to create their own Android TV (Shield for me) app.
  3. Push Heos to pull their finger out and get Qobuz supported on their Denon/Marantz.
  4. Update the IPad/IPhone app to allow upnp/DLNA support.

Thats all for me. Cheers 🍻 

Welcome to AS!

I agree with you on those. The one that really amazes me is Denon/Marantz. Those guys are so lost, yet have such a good app. I guess even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while. I think it's going to take serious customer push to get them to do anything else good with Heos. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Welcome to AS!

I agree with you on those. The one that really amazes me is Denon/Marantz. Those guys are so lost, yet have such a good app. I guess even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while. I think it's going to take serious customer push to get them to do anything else good with Heos. 

Cheers.

• 5 weeks later...