On 4/19/2020 at 12:43 AM, rando said:

@David Craff   

Trust me you are doing a great job.  Qobuz France HQ is doing a great job.  Search function is doing a great job.   

Thanks a lot, we do our best.

We keep improving the search engine. Hope you saw the difference.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

I second the requests already made for more ways to organize Favorites. For the near term, maybe you could consider the following request. (If this feature has already been requested, my apologies for the repetition.)

In the desktop app, for Favorites, when you "Sort by added date" the albums are listed from newly saved to old favorites. I'd like to have two options:

• Sort by added date: newest first
  • Sort by added date: oldest first

I'd like to see the same feature added to Qobuz in BluOS  and to the apps for IOS and Android. Currently, to find older favorites, I have to scroll down repeatedly, which can tax one's patience, especially as the albums slowly load one group, then (pause) another, then (pause) another... 

That said, thanks goodness for Qobuz, especially for the jazz and classical catalogs, and for the high-quality sound. 

Guildenstern

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2019 at 3:27 PM, Gus141 said:

My memory isn’t what it used to be, so when I’m adding a song to a playlist that is already there it would be great if the app would alert me to the fact that this would be a duplicate and allow me the option of adding it again or cancelling.

In the TIDAL app, if I try to add a duplicate a popup says, “Duplicate. This track already in your playlist” 

with buttons for the options: “Add Anyway” or “Cancel”.

———————

Qobuz Feature Request: please add a server-side duplicate checker when adding a track to a playlist. Or, provide a way to filter on duplicates in a playlist so that I could delete them later if I wanted. I think Roon has a duplicate filter, but I’m not a Roon user.

Cheers,

Gus

This 1+

I am constantly adding new songs to playlists and then finding out later that I have multiple duplicates as well. Any chance this could be instituted @David Craff?

Also, I had the web page to suggest additions to Qobuz's library and misplaced it's bookmark. Does anyone have that?

"If you don't dig the blues you got a hole in your soul" - Albert King

Thank you for involving your users! 😀

Here are some other ideas, mainly for the Windows app.

1. Dark mode for the Windows app
    (workaround: https://github.com/Evo-c/qobuz-dark-theme/blob/master/style.css )

2. Allow to filter an artist's releases by type (album / single / EP / compilation / live / ...)
    I'm only interested in albums and EPs, for me all the rest is polluting the view.

3. Allow to apply tags to albums/artists/tracks + allow to filter on them
    =advanced alternative for favorites, which is very limiting
    --> answers different purposes like "candidates for a trial listen" and "organize favorites"

4. Option to filter the artist's releases to only include the last version (or best quality?) of each release. Now often the same album is shown multiple times.

5. Allow to add all (filtered) favorite releases to a playlist / the queue. Currently you can only add individual releases/tracks.

6. Favorite releases: offer a new view where releases are shown in a more condensed way (I suppose a table?). Maybe this request originates from the lack of tags, or another way to browse the favorites.

7. Add support for lyrics (like this foobar plugin: https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_uie_lyrics3)

8. Add links to reviews (like the foobar plugin: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=112914.0) 

9. The play history should be shared across the devices you use the apps on (in the Windows app I don't see the music that I listened to on my Android phone).

10. Maybe add a date/time to the play history?

11. Notifications when a favorite artist releases a new album.

Thanks a lot in advance.

On 5/12/2020 at 7:11 PM, Blueshound24 said:

@David Craff I have found some spots in Qobuz's library to be missing some artist's albums. I had the web page to suggest additions to Qobuz's library and misplaced it's bookmark. Is that still available?

Can you give me the link you have, I will check

TY

Hello again,

Thanks for your super fast feedback on my previous features request!

I have a few more ideas:

1. Within the favorites lists (maybe elsewhere too) I think it would be very useful if you could see when you last played the track / release / artist. And then allow to filter and/or sort on this info. I like to try out albums I never heard (or a long time ago) of my favorite artists and this feature would facilitate that use case.

2. On the "fullscreen playback queue" view (I don't know how to name this screen; you get on it by clicking on the album picture in the playback toolbar) it would be handy if it showed:
    • the total duration of the album (or active playlist)
    • the total remaining play duration
    • the individual track durations

3. Maybe add the same info on the Play Queue popup screen? Not crucial here maybe, I'm not sure.

4. It should be a bit more easy to remove tracks or entire releases from the playback queue
    • e.g. provide separate delete buttons next to each track (instead of hiding this action in the ... menu)
    • e.g. group the tracks by release and then provide a delete buttons next to the release

Thanks again!

21 hours ago, johey said:

Hello again,

Thanks for your super fast feedback on my previous features request!

I have a few more ideas:

1. Within the favorites lists (maybe elsewhere too) I think it would be very useful if you could see when you last played the track / release / artist. And then allow to filter and/or sort on this info. I like to try out albums I never heard (or a long time ago) of my favorite artists and this feature would facilitate that use case.

2. On the "fullscreen playback queue" view (I don't know how to name this screen; you get on it by clicking on the album picture in the playback toolbar) it would be handy if it showed:
    • the total duration of the album (or active playlist)
    • the total remaining play duration
    • the individual track durations

3. Maybe add the same info on the Play Queue popup screen? Not crucial here maybe, I'm not sure.

4. It should be a bit more easy to remove tracks or entire releases from the playback queue
    • e.g. provide separate delete buttons next to each track (instead of hiding this action in the ... menu)
    • e.g. group the tracks by release and then provide a delete buttons next to the release

Thanks again!

Hi,

1. This is a good idea but not very important vs all the thing we have to do before.

2 & 3. We call this the "Full Player" mode. A new design will arrive soon. This one will not display the total duration and other information you request. But we've already thought about them. And that must be available for the two play queue from the small player and the full player.

4. You can remove track with the delete key of your keyboard. And you can select more than one track with "shift" key or "control / command" key. We think it's more useful than display a button for each track.

Regards

First, thank you for implementing R128 volume normalization.  One thing I cannot find, is what level are you calibrating to?  Most streaming providers are -14  to -16 LUFS, so I am guessing you are in same range, but for those of us that calibrate to LUFS, it would be nice to know exactly what your level is.  

14 hours ago, Cary said:

First, thank you for implementing R128 volume normalization.  One thing I cannot find, is what level are you calibrating to?  Most streaming providers are -14  to -16 LUFS, so I am guessing you are in same range, but for those of us that calibrate to LUFS, it would be nice to know exactly what your level is.  

Hi,

I don't understand why you said we have implemented R128 volume. We only analysed all the tracks in the catalogue to retrieve the gain and peak information, which is necessary to set up the volume leveling. We does not implement any function yet.

Regards

2 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

I don't understand why you said we have implemented R128 volume. We only analysed all the tracks in the catalogue to retrieve the gain and peak information, which is necessary to set up the volume leveling. We does not implement any function yet.

Regards

I hope the if you do add volume normalisation that it optional, and that the streaming versions of albums can be kept bit identical with the ones in the download store.

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot

5 hours ago, Richard Dale said:

I hope the if you do add volume normalisation that it optional, and that the streaming versions of albums can be kept bit identical with the ones in the download store.

We will add ne feature to enable volume leveling with this information but the customer are free to activate or not. And this is only information extract from the audio, we never change the audio file.

3 minutes ago, David Craff said:

We will add ne feature to enable volume leveling with this information but the customer are free to activate or not. And this is only information extract from the audio, we never change the audio file.

Thanks, that sounds an excellent solution.

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

First of all, thank you for involving your users! 🙂

Please find below my list of features that are missing for me:

- 1/ be able to have the sub genre in the filtering form (same as the qobuz store, for instance jazz > be bop)
=> I have some difficulty to "browse music" (ideally I would like to have results filtered by genre, sub-genre, minimal quality) ... sometimes I use the store to discover new albums and then play them with the app 🙄

- 2/ android app: be able to display a playlist by albums (and not by tracks)

=> For now I'm using playlist as "custom tags". But most of the time when a want to play an album from a playlist, it's very annoying (I've a huge scrollbar...). It could be solved if the "tag" feature is implemented (I'm waiting for it too).

- 2bis/ android auto: same as before, select an album in a playlist is quite complicated right now (plus you have to message from google "stay focus on the road" which prevents you from scrolling fast)

Thanks a lot in advance !

• 2 weeks later...