Thanks @bobbmd  This is a screenshot from the Mac app. I  selected a playlist and it shows only the albums, not the whole list of tracks that are in the playlist. 

qobuz_playlist_sample.thumb.png.0e5754659c43081af8703a2b85e8a3e4.png

On your iPad the playlist looks like this? Strange. I cannot find a way to change the playlist view on the iPad, I only get the whole list of tracks of the playlists. 

I get all the songs listed in my playlist ie each album with all songs listed when I scroll down try tapping the album playing and see if the list of songs appear. It doesn’t appear you are in the USA may be a function of the way the app is set up in Europe try contacting @dmackta he runs the American site hope this helps I will play around with this and see if I can find a solution for you— on my Mac app I have same playlists showing all

songs on each album— on audirvana it gives songs and albums choice at the top of each playlist

On 11/30/2020 at 9:09 AM, David Craff said:

Let's wait and see if we can catch up on other features before we get into this one.

A choice of go or not go will be made soon on the DLNA.

David, 

I have two requests.

1.  While exploring Qobuz on the Windows 10 App, when I click the back arrow I prefer the back loaded page to display at the last viewed position, not the top of the page.  (select artist page, scroll to albums, select album, click back arrow, return to list of albums, not the top of the artist's page)

2.Currently, I use the iOS version of Mconnect to stream Qobuz to my Oppo player and RPi 4 streamer.  Adding DLNA/UPnP functionality to the iOS and Win10 applications would make my day.  An added bonus would be to pass the Qobuz internet stream to the selected streaming device, allowing direct access to the internet stream and removing the the Qobuz application from the streaming path.

Please reply with any questions.   

Regards, 

23 hours ago, schs said:

Looking for some hints about Qobuz I stumbled upon this forum and thread. 

One thing that I miss on the Qobuz iPad app is an album view in the playlists. The Mac app has 3 views in the playlists. Are there any plans to include these views in the iPad app as well? 

Hi,

This is not yet planned, but I have forwarded your return to our Mobile team.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

16 hours ago, SlimPickins said:

David, 

I have two requests.

1.  While exploring Qobuz on the Windows 10 App, when I click the back arrow I prefer the back loaded page to display at the last viewed position, not the top of the page.  (select artist page, scroll to albums, select album, click back arrow, return to list of albums, not the top of the artist's page)

2.Currently, I use the iOS version of Mconnect to stream Qobuz to my Oppo player and RPi 4 streamer.  Adding DLNA/UPnP functionality to the iOS and Win10 applications would make my day.  An added bonus would be to pass the Qobuz internet stream to the selected streaming device, allowing direct access to the internet stream and removing the the Qobuz application from the streaming path.

Please reply with any questions.   

Regards, 

Hi,

1. Yes we need to upgrade the navigation with scroll memorisation

2. Our first attempt to manage the UPnP protocol was not good. We will therefore study the feasibility of doing it again and then decide.

The bonus of no longer being dependent on a Qobuz application depends on an integration of our service in the device. This is up to the manufacturer's choice.

Regards

5 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

This is not yet planned, but I have forwarded your return to our Mobile team.

Regards

Thanks @David Craff. I think this will help mobile users a lot. Screen size is limited on mobile devices and a simplified view of the playlist content makes life a lot easier (and it's already implemented on the Mac platform). 

1 hour ago, mav52 said:

I saw something about a Dark Mode,  does this change the blaring white screen ? if so how to I active Dark Mode ?, if not can we ask for an enhancement..

Dark mode will be available in the desktop application next year.

Specifically for iPhone and Android, I would be very interested to see a basic DSP functionality. Say just 5-6 parametric EQ settings and an L/R time delay and level adjustment.

If I’m listening through my phone I’m often streaming to non-ideal systems - e.g., car, kitchen, etc. Some simple measurement with REW for example, can allow calculation of PEQ parameters that can go a huge way to plaster over issues and make non ideal systems far more listenable.

If this was too much development, it looks like there are some PEQ AU3 plugins, for iPhone at least. Could the Qobuz app support these?

First post in this forum.

For context, earlier this year, we tried out Qobuz for a month and decided at the time not to add it to the music services to which we already subscribed. These include Google/YouTube Music and Spotify. We're not particularly interested in Tidal, and we tried and declined to extend Amazon Music HD. We'd really like to have a high def streaming music option, and while we liked Qobuz for the most part, beyond some catalog gaps we noticed, there are a couple of pretty basic functional capabilities we'd like to see, or expect, before we jump back in:

• Qobuz Connect, working from the Qobuz application (whether mobile, binary, or web) just as Spotify Connect and now Tidal Connect do. Qobuz-capable endpoints like Node 2i, CXN(V2), RPi, KEF LS50, etc., ought to be discoverable and targetable (is that a word?) from Qobuz itself, and not require us to go to BluOS, Stream Magic, or some UPNP app to listen via a streamer, with a crappy UX much worse than the user experience Qobuz wants to provide its customers, and should be proud of. Somewhat related to this...
  • We've grown to enjoy, and often rely on voice interactions with our music services. It would be great if Qobuz could be specified as the default music service in our Google Home environment. In addition to enabling voice controls with music instantiation, playback, cessation, etc., it could be more easily integrated into home automation routines and the like.
  • We enjoy robust music discovery functionality, and this is one area where you have to admit Qobuz falls a bit short of the competition. An ability to support AI-driven artist/album/song/genre/etc. radio listening, instead of just playlists, would go a long way towards enhancing the attractiveness of Qobuz as a fully-featured, well-integrated music service that further realizes the promise shown in your really nice applications, the high quality of your catalog, and your capabilities in providing exemplary streaming to your customers.

These items kind of differentiate Qobuz -- not in a good way, unfortunately -- from other music environments we've enjoyed, and we're very interested in any plans related to the above you may have, if you're comfortable disclosing them. Thanks for listening.

On 12/6/2020 at 1:48 PM, RedSwede said:

Specifically for iPhone and Android, I would be very interested to see a basic DSP functionality. Say just 5-6 parametric EQ settings and an L/R time delay and level adjustment.

If I’m listening through my phone I’m often streaming to non-ideal systems - e.g., car, kitchen, etc. Some simple measurement with REW for example, can allow calculation of PEQ parameters that can go a huge way to plaster over issues and make non ideal systems far more listenable.

If this was too much development, it looks like there are some PEQ AU3 plugins, for iPhone at least. Could the Qobuz app support these?

Replying to myself... Looking at it a bit more, I think an AU3 plugin host for iOS would be the way to do it. That opens the door for huge library of quality 3rd party apps, and would presumably reduce development.

On 12/6/2020 at 7:48 AM, RedSwede said:

USB Audio Player Pro equivalent on iPhone?  

Native app or desktop EQ is the antithesis of what a service like Qobuz could ever hope to provide, just for the record.  You are overthinking the implications of what Qobuz should be doing to music.

3 minutes ago, rando said:

USB Audio Player Pro equivalent on iPhone?  

This is the antithesis of what a service like Qobuz could ever hope to provide, just for the record.  You are overthinking the implications of what Qobuz should be doing to music.

Just looked at USB Audio Player Pro - yes, a little bit like that, in so much as it supports plugins.

I'm not sure that I understand gist of the rest of your post? I don't see how it could go against some philosophical approach, which Qobuz is/should be taking, if that's what you mean? I actually think it could be very popular and useful - a) for the use cases I stated before, and b) headphone correction, which seems hugely popular, especially for mobile devices.

Plugin support would be tucked away in options and wouldn't complicate or degrade the app unless someone wanted to use it. I guess there is a fair bit of library code to do that kind of thing as well.

37 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Hi

At Qobuz we prefer to leave the audio rendering untouched and let the user be free of his equipment and what he wants to do with it.
I understand your need to want to change / adapt the audio rendering. But at the moment I doubt it's done on our applications. It would be better to see with a third party application.

If I'm not mistaken, applications that can offer a DSP or an EQ, should work between the Qobuz application and the Audio output. So there shouldn't be any compatibility issues.

Regards

Hi David - thank you for responding.

I can appreciate that position - and especially for the desktop, where you can do whatever you want with the audio stream. Even for Android there are some slightly kludgey workarounds - e.g. Wavelet.

But - for iPhone/iOS, this is not an option. As far as I can see, you cannot process an audio stream made by an app - in this case Qobuz - so there are no DSP/EQ/PEQ apps around. 

Hence, if Qobuz did not want to get into writing EQ/DSP stuff, the request is to have Qobuz support AU3 plugins - essentially doing what you say, and leaving the processing up to other apps/ 3rd parties, but providing an environment where iOS can process the stream.

29 minutes ago, RedSwede said:

But - for iPhone/iOS, this is not an option. As far as I can see, you cannot process an audio stream made by an app - in this case Qobuz - so there are no DSP/EQ/PEQ apps around. 

Great untapped business chance to apply yourself towards.  I'm sure if Apple likes it enough they might even consider letting you keep something out of it.  :)

I ha(ve)d no idea if a headphone-centric consumer/pro app existed on the "i" side of handheld devices.  With some searching you might unearth something suitable for your purposes.  UAPP doesn't cram the ability to add HP EQ so much as limit ability to accidentally turn them on.  

Best of luck.

On 11/30/2020 at 1:06 PM, dmackta said:

Hi the other thing about uploading your library is that technically our licenses with the labels and rightsholders do not allow us to do that at this time. What you are talking about is a digital locker service. It is true that VOX is working on integrating Qobuz streaming into their apps which will be cool. 

You may want to start renegotiating your licensing with the labels sooner rather than later:  https://in.mashable.com/tech/18726/spotify-may-soon-support-local-music-playback

It happens that albums are not available anymore. Either that the status has switched from "included" to "extra pay" or that an album is removed by Qobuz at all. In most cases it is replaced by another one (remastered, higher quality, other label).

I would wish to see these albums in my favorite list marked as not available anymore. An additional selection criteria might be very useful.  

LMS is at least marking these albums with an asterics in the related lists.

piCorePlayer 6.1.0 (LMS 8.0.1 @ Squeezelite) on rPi 3B+ -> Allo DigiOne -> Mutec MC-3+ Smart Clock USB & Muetc REF10 -> RME ADI-2 DAC -> Unison Research Sinfonia-> Klipsch Forte III. (Source: Qobuz, Spotify and 1TB USB FLAC files)

A way to flag the highest res version of an album would be good. There are often 3 or 3 rolling stones album versions. 

Hifi: Qobuz, Roon, Wiim Pro, Mutec MC3+USB, Mutec SF 10 120SE, Grace Designs M903, ADAM Audio A5X  + sub.

Portable: iPhone 13 pro max, Qobuz, Airpod Pro 2, calibrated with Mimi audiogram / apple health 

23 hours ago, Pro Jules said:

A way to flag the highest res version of an album would be good. There are often 3 or 3 rolling stones album versions. 

Hi

We are working on "Global id for album". This function will allow all the different versions of an album to be grouped together in a single product.

Regards

On 12/7/2020 at 5:56 PM, RedSwede said:

Hi David - thank you for responding.

I can appreciate that position - and especially for the desktop, where you can do whatever you want with the audio stream. Even for Android there are some slightly kludgey workarounds - e.g. Wavelet.

Hence, if Qobuz did not want to get into writing EQ/DSP stuff, the request is to have Qobuz support AU3 plugins - essentially doing what you say, and leaving the processing up to other apps/ 3rd parties, but providing an environment where iOS can process the stream.

This would be an amazing feature that would make incredibly happy us iOS users.

The DAC/AMP dongle from Apple has already superb performance but headphones are never really neutral.

Finally we could apply the adjustments from https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results and make our headphones sound incredible!

Yes Spotify has a rudimentary eq. Be good if Qobuz could too. It's especial useful for old people that need a boost in their deminished high frequencys. 

Here are curves I have arrived at for my hearing aged 60 (and 30 of those years spent in recording studios as an audio engineer.) 

E76D43CC-39C0-4B11-92C6-5AB1776418BB.jpeg

9D050FA6-AA39-4218-93C2-7A49FF8BDD54.png

Hifi: Qobuz, Roon, Wiim Pro, Mutec MC3+USB, Mutec SF 10 120SE, Grace Designs M903, ADAM Audio A5X  + sub.

Portable: iPhone 13 pro max, Qobuz, Airpod Pro 2, calibrated with Mimi audiogram / apple health