I am impressed with how the Qobuz catalogue has grown.  As a Bluesound user, it would be very helpful to coordinate with Bluesound so that favorite artists are listed alphabetically in the Bluos app.  Currently, they are listed in the order that they were saved. This makes it very difficult to locate a specific artist.  Thank you.

6 hours ago, cdr1 said:

...  As a Bluesound user, it would be very helpful to coordinate with Bluesound so that favorite artists are listed alphabetically in the Bluos app.  ...

Agree. Maybe the Qobuz API that the BluOS Controller uses will eventually have all the sorting options that the desktop and mobile players have. I love the ability to sort favorite tracks by artist on the native Qobuz iPad app, which then puts a quick-alphabet-scroll-bar on the right.

Another Qobuz API recommendation for BluOS Controller app: I wish I could filter my “favorite” music when using the search bar in the BluOS Controller app when viewing any of the sections in Favorites. Right now, the search bar just says “Search Qobuz” and searches the Qobuz service. Whereas, on the iOS app, when in my favorite tracks, the search bar says ”Filter My Tracks”, which is great for quickly finding something.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

My biggest issue with Qobuz compared to other services is the lack of artist and track radio.

Its how I find new artists and tracks.

With Qobuz, I have to use similar artists, which is a lot more work.

I like to use both artist and track radio when listening to music in background mode, then I favorite anything/anyone I like for future reference.

Thanks

Randy

By no means am I attempting to overrule the previous poster with a contrary set of ideas.  

I'd like to see more features that continue to set Qobuz apart rather than promote homogeneity with competitors (that is already at a startlingly high rate).  There are only so many steps between syncopated instead of curated. 

When contemporaries in the entertainment field have a great amount of similitude. One star fading eclipses the fate of many others.  👥

Thanks to the Qobuz API team. I just saw that the 3rd party controller apps, mConnect Player (for iPhone) and mConnect Player HD (for iPad) were updated with sorting capability in Qobuz for favorites (i.e., by artist, by name, by date added). This is the first time I have seen this functionality in any 3rd-party app, so I’m assuming there is a new API out and mConnect beat everyone else to implementation (e.g., BluOS, LUMIN, Lightning DS, etc.).

Nice one! Please keep improving the API with things you add to your native apps. Some of us need the 3rd party apps due to our hardware.

Cheers,

Gus

Building on my post above.  

I was sitting down listening to a premium newer release last night that includes a video disc in the physical package.  Not overly common I'll admit.  Often enough we find ourselves looking for ways to deal with a BD or other format a release was only offered in though.  When you get into listening to works that are or could be staged the field broadens considerably.

So yes, I'm suggesting the addition of video playback when warranted.  Maintaining the same high quality sound of course.

This is probably a Roon request but just in case. Every time I navigate to Qobuz in Roon to browse for new releases I have to set the same Genre filters. 

Any chance these could be sticky or defaults associated to my account login or cookie or whatever?

PS love Qobuz. Keep up the great work!

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

4 hours ago, BigAlMc said:

This is probably a Roon request but just in case. Every time I navigate to Qobuz in Roon to browse for new releases I have to set the same Genre filters. 

Any chance these could be sticky or defaults associated to my account login or cookie or whatever?

PS love Qobuz. Keep up the great work!

Cheers,

Alan

Pretty sure this is something roon would have to do. I asked roon about it months ago. Wasn't changed in 1.7, so not sure they are going to do anything about it.

30 minutes ago, rn701 said:

Pretty sure this is something roon would have to do. I asked roon about it months ago. Wasn't changed in 1.7, so not sure they are going to do anything about it.

Thanks m701,

Yeah suspected as much but figured no harm in asking.

Pretty trivial anyway.

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

Is it convenient to set up a relay here through @The Computer Audiophile containing a form we could use to report small issues?  Missing or incorrect artwork, typos effecting a small area, general low importance errors that can be put into a neat pile directly atop the correct desk. 

My suspicion is a large number of us are weeding out petty mistakes in our own areas of expertise too small to bother with otherwise.  

My memory isn’t what it used to be, so when I’m adding a song to a playlist that is already there it would be great if the app would alert me to the fact that this would be a duplicate and allow me the option of adding it again or cancelling.

In the TIDAL app, if I try to add a duplicate a popup says, “Duplicate. This track already in your playlist” 

with buttons for the options: “Add Anyway” or “Cancel”.

———————

Qobuz Feature Request: please add a server-side duplicate checker when adding a track to a playlist. Or, provide a way to filter on duplicates in a playlist so that I could delete them later if I wanted. I think Roon has a duplicate filter, but I’m not a Roon user.

Cheers,

Gus

6 minutes ago, rando said:

For the very long list of non-essential items that might be feasible to address sometime in 2020's.

I have a request to examine allowing a label to be saved under the Releases tab of Favorites.  Simply showing the logo and label name would more than distinguish them from albums (and cut hundreds down to tens of items in my case).  

+1

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 12/20/2019 at 6:43 PM, rando said:

For the very long list of non-essential items that might be feasible to address sometime in 2020's.

I have a request to examine allowing a label to be saved under the Releases tab of Favorites.  Simply showing the logo and label name would more than distinguish them from albums (and cut hundreds down to tens of items in my case).  

This is not the same as I have requested, but it again shows the need for more structure in Favorite Releases, not just a big heap of albums sortable by very few factors. To sum up what would be nice and what has been suggested -- one or more of:

1. Additional sort factors, including multifactor sort (including Genre, Label, release date . . .)
  2. User-created folders under Favorites for making sense of the heap.
  3. Sort or put into folders by label (publisher)
3 hours ago, Mike48 said:

This is not the same as I have requested, but it again shows the need for more structure in Favorite Releases, not just a big heap of albums sortable by very few factors. To sum up what would be nice and what has been suggested -- one or more of:

1. Additional sort factors, including multifactor sort (including Genre, Label, release date . . .)
  2. User-created folders under Favorites for making sense of the heap.
  3. Sort or put into folders by label (publisher)

+1 to all of the above. 

On 12/16/2019 at 3:27 PM, Gus141 said:

My memory isn’t what it used to be, so when I’m adding a song to a playlist that is already there it would be great if the app would alert me to the fact that this would be a duplicate and allow me the option of adding it again or cancelling.

In the TIDAL app, if I try to add a duplicate a popup says, “Duplicate. This track already in your playlist” 

with buttons for the options: “Add Anyway” or “Cancel”.

———————

Qobuz Feature Request: please add a server-side duplicate checker when adding a track to a playlist. Or, provide a way to filter on duplicates in a playlist so that I could delete them later if I wanted. I think Roon has a duplicate filter, but I’m not a Roon user.

Cheers,

Gus

I wholeheartedly second this!

With most other streaming services, whenever you attempt to add a duplicate song to one of your playlists they will warn you are about to do that. I am in the beginning stages of building my playlists and really do not want much duplicity. Once you start to get sizeable playlists there is no way you can remember what you have or don't have in them.

"If you don't dig the blues you got a hole in your soul" - Albert King

On 11/26/2019 at 12:29 PM, rando said:

I'd like to see more features that continue to set Qobuz apart rather than promote homogeneity with competitors (that is already at a startlingly high rate).  There are only so many steps between syncopated instead of curated. 

When contemporaries in the entertainment field have a great amount of similitude. One star fading eclipses the fate of many others.  👥

I might repost this once a month.