IGNORED

Bits is bits?

1 hour ago, jabbr said:

2) Don’t use the term “confirmation” when you mean that there are 4 more anecdotes. Are they public?

With the recent verifications I have deliberately not made public the names of the high profile members involved, so as to protect them from the inevitable personal attacks by the usual pack of suspects. 

Of course their reports are anecdotal, as it is not possible to organise DBT sessions etc. like I did originally.

If you are interested I can provide further details, FYI ONLY via a PM.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

3 minutes ago, jabbr said:

Oh ok. On my system they sound the same to me.

Unless I am mistaken, you have not been supplied with any recent examples which are very different to the original samples provided

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

13 minutes ago, jabbr said:

Thats ok. I am confident that the conditions which apply to your system and cause you to hear what you hear don’t  apply to my system. 

Virtually Everybody from the Objective side appears to believe that what others in this Forum report hearing  does NOT apply to their own system.

I am not just talking about HEARING.

You are also neglecting the fact that others have reported hearing the same differences through their own system via my provided files.

5 minutes ago, sandyk said:

I am not just talking about HEARING.

You are also neglecting the fact that others have reported hearing the same differences through their own system via my provided files.

Alex, I understand you are very passionate about this topic. If you wish to document all the ways a noisy PC can affect the media output then go for it.

You might consider solving this problem using a good isolating network segment (I use fiber) and that way the details of the media whether it be audio, or imaging, will be effectively isolated from the noisy PC. In any case I’m all set.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

6 minutes ago, jabbr said:

Alex, I understand you are very passionate about this topic. If you wish to document all the ways a noisy PC can affect the media output then go for it.

You might consider solving this problem using a good isolating network segment (I use fiber) and that way the details of the media whether it be audio, or imaging, will be effectively isolated from the noisy PC. In any case I’m all set.

Here we go again, the usual claim from the other side that their own system is totally immune from these effects, and the usual unwillingness to even participate in such as exercise.

4 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Here we go again, the usual reply from the other side that their own system is totally immune from these effects, and the usual

unwillingness to even participate in such as exercise.

I did listen awhile ago. You know that. You are being irrational. Have you ever listened to my system? Why are you so presumptuous?

You really should get some properly working equipment that doesn’t screw up your files. Gosh.

And how many people fail to hear a difference? Who is this “other side”? Are you editing out negative reports? Are you saying that 4 people could hear a difference and 400 not? How is anyone supposed to evaluate what you say?

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

17 minutes ago, jabbr said:

I did listen awhile ago. You know that. You are being irrational. Have you ever listened to my system? Why are you so presumptuous?

You are the one being presumptuous.

You are making an unverifiable claim that your system is totally immune to these effects, and can correct all deficiencies resulting from the front end, even the visual side from an attached monitor/TV  which does NOT go through your optical network along with the Audio.

It's simply a waste of time discussing this further with you.

56 minutes ago, barrows said:

While I could be convinced by the idea that in a properly designed USB receiver the cable should not matter, I have never come across a DAC sporting such an interface, and I have experienced many, many USB DACs here.

Which is exactly why I have developed the attitude that USB is far too fragile to use in the audio world if you take SQ seriously  - far too much time will have to be devoted to "sorting out the mess ..."

20 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Here we go again, the usual claim from the other side that their own system is totally immune from these effects, and the usual unwillingness to even participate in such as exercise.

Alex, every system is different ... some will be more sensitive to the precise way a sequence of files are played back, and others will be less. Things vary ... there's nothing particularly useful in knowing that, apart from experimenting to test how one's own rig responds.

43 minutes ago, marce said:

It is well known that more objective based audiophiles are deaf (myself included) and have to cover our disability in the hearing department by hiding behind the shoulders of the likes of Maxwell, Heaviside, Tesla etc.

You can't possibly have as much hearing damage, as well as age related as I have, yet I am still able to hear things many others are unable to. 

Personally knowing a couple of E.Es. , I put some of this down to Expectation Bias due to your original training.

Just lost track somewhere along the line whilst reading it...

Anyway for fun here is a shot of a square wave showing the current pulses, the bits (sic) we are interested in... Cos that's when all the exciting stuff happens on the rising and falling edge...

So a pretty picture of two bits for voltage and current...

SW_Current_Pulse.JPG

2 minutes ago, marce said:

Just lost track somewhere along the line whilst reading it...

Anyway for fun here is a shot of a square wave showing the current pulses, the bits (sic) we are interested in... Cos that's when all the exciting stuff happens on the rising and falling edge...

So a pretty picture of two bits for voltage and current...

SW_Current_Pulse.JPG

Current through what? Looks like there's a capacitor or transformer involved there.

Nope its just a quick simulation with two LS00 gates and a few mm of 50R track between them, it was more to show the current pulses as we look at square waves as voltages but rarely as current pulses... The data is derived from the IBIS models of the driving circuitry, this sim is as basic as it gets two gates and a wire....