IGNORED

Bits is bits?

21 minutes ago, Indydan said:

I found this article through Darko. The author makes a case that it isn't a case of Bits are bits. I wonder what others think?

https://www.upscaleaudio.com/pages/bits-is-bits?fbclid=IwAR20r8A_bUYGlDjzsbFfEKzNAB06vDsYOgTf_TUf7xXwpps6-kdggIay4bU

A good example of the Audiophile Confidence Game.  Take certain truths (e.g., the clocked nature of DAC playback, or RFI being a fundamental of the design of cables or anything electrical) and come to the conclusion that hyper expensive boutique "audio" USB cables offer a solution to a problem that you probably have...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

4 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Darko can't be an "influencer" without some allegiance to the manufacturers.  While I'll admit that some internet culture passes me by, I'm pretty sure an "influencer" is just someone who gets page views and free stuff from the companies they help.

I'm surprised by the people with blogs who are so proud to be "influencers".  Hey they have influence.  And thru freebies and other methods that influence has value.  And most of them probably pedal the influence they "created".  After all who influences the influencers?

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

18 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Darko can't be an "influencer" without some allegiance to the manufacturers.  While I'll admit that some internet culture passes me by, I'm pretty sure an "influencer" is just someone who gets page views and free stuff from the companies they help.

And then there's this guy:

spacer.png

Indydan

The above post is exactly what I am referring to. 

Replies like the above calling those who disagree with them as raving Parasites and Luddites are typical of the thread destroying tactics used by several members from this group.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

What I see, is that on one side people who are well aware that subtle variations in the makeup of a system can cause audible differences are nearly always sloppy in their thinking, and reasoning; and that on the other that those who enjoy being precise in their understanding fail to, or don't wish to, extend their thinking beyond what are the everyday 'rules' for deciding whether something makes sense or not.

36 minutes ago, tmtomh said:

The passage implies - and the argument is based on the claim - that properly decoding "complex, high-frequency analogue waves" is a hit-or-miss challenge....

Right there - no reason to go any further. That's all you get with the "average" Audiophile - about 25 words, many of which take some basic understanding of electromagnetism , electrical circuits, digital and data communications...yep you have lost them.  Present the facts all you want, Darko and these sorts of manufacturers are intentionally operating on another level entirely - it's not about the facts, it's about using and abusing facts for a particular outcome.

43 minutes ago, tmtomh said:

they can instead sidestep the argument itself and post the kind of response Alex has posted above, pointing out and decrying the nastiness of a "small vocal minority" of naysayers.

Address the facts for 100, 1000,  10,000 words and Alex and all the audiophiles like him will post the same thing each and every time, because they never get past the first 25 words and their lack of grounding in the basics of digital communications. 

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

4 hours ago, esldude said:

I'm surprised by the people with blogs who are so proud to be "influencers". 

How many here bother to read the Blogs in this forum ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

How many here bother to read the Blogs in this forum ?

I take spells reading them from time to time.  Mostly don't.  Some interesting.  

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality.