IGNORED

Bits is bits?

2 minutes ago, mansr said:

How much does he get paid to have that AQ picture at the top of the page?

Probably nothing. I'm guessing it was a way to add content to his feed without actually having to write anything.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

15 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

Which is probably not so bad at all. People tell others what they hear and others may want or not want listen. There is no such thing as universal audio truth and wouldn't be.

There is a universal audio truth ... any reasonable playback system can be evolved to a status, using knowledge and focused effort, where one is no longer aware of the playback chain in the listening; but only what's on the recording. This is something that I've have confirmed repeatedly - and what's on the recording is plenty enough to keep you mighty happy, ^_^.

9 hours ago, jabbr said:

Presumably you continue to post your views to get a reaction?

You must understand by now that some of your ideas are way outside the norm, and presumably you enjoy tweaking everyone?

Yes, I agree that they are outside the norm , but I also have quite a bit of confirmation including now 4 high profile members in the previous several months.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

22 hours ago, crenca said:

Present the facts all you want, Darko and these sorts of manufacturers are intentionally operating on another level entirely - it's not about the facts, it's about using and abusing facts for a particular outcome.

Sure, the manufacturers are intentionally operating on another level but I'm not so certain about Dorko. That would be giving him credit for being fiendishly clever.  Instead, I'm inclined to believe he's just a useful idiot (who also likes free stuff).

mQa is dead!

22 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

now, now - for all the Dravings, he understands analog quite well

In case you haven't noticed, I have not used Analogue based material for quite a few years.

All my observations are based around listening to Digital recordings via my highly modified DACs used both with the PC and my main system. My main DAC uses very low noise separate power supplies for both Digital and Analogue areas ,and in the case of the old Musical Fidelity XDAC V3 used with my PC, a very low PPM TCXO is used along with a <4uV noise highly stable +5V supply along with a low noise external Linear PSU instead of the supplied AC wallwart.

X-DAC V3.jpg

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

6 minutes ago, jabbr said:

Doesn’t matter. When the claims are so outside the norm, the evidence needed to move the bar requires more and more care & effort. 

I have already provided that in the way of reports by Barry Diament and the results also of 6 separate DBTs.

As far as I am concerned I have done just that.

It's not my problem if you refuse to accept the validity of those reports along with those from quite a few respected members of this forum.

Nothing that anybody does will ever be enough for those with deeply ingrained beliefs, just like those that refuse to accept that Man has set foot on the Moon.

1 minute ago, Ralf11 said:

I am talking about your knowledge base

You wouldn't know what my knowledge base is.

7 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

He said he respects your knowledge of analog electronics. Why are you having such a hard time taking a compliment?

DELETED.

Neither yourself or Ralf 11 are worth the effort of replying to.

Just now, mansr said:

Would you be so kind as to extend me the same courtesy?

When you stop attacking my posts with sarcastic and derogatory remarks I will consider doing so.

26 minutes ago, jabbr said:

Ok you still haven’t answered: what exactly is your claim? Specifically: what do you feel you have “confirmed”?

Honestly, I can’t tell exactly what you are talking about. 

On several occasions I have offered to provide you proof of my main claim but you have made it very clear, as several other members have done, that you are not interested in any proof that I have offered to provide.

My main claim has always been that Music files with identical checksums do not necessarily sound the same, even when stored in the same folder of the same storage media, or for that matter,  Video files with identical checksums look exactly the same either.

2 minutes ago, barrows said:

But the part that is quoted at the beginning of this thread, which appears to suggest that bit errors are responsible for some sound quality issues with digital audio is entirely mistaken, and this fact really makes the entire article lose weight.  This mistake is really a shame because it is one aspect of digital playback technology which is relatively easily verifiable

Hi Barrows

Yes , it is relatively easy verifiable, even by correctly implemented DBT sessions, but getting people with deeply ingrained beliefs to accept such proof is an entirely different matter.

Regards

Alex