IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

6 hours ago, pl_svn said:

use Qobuz.app to browse new releases and mark as favourites those you want: they'll be in your Roon Library right away ;)

Thanks, fortunately I do not use Roon.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

1 minute ago, matthias said:

fortunately I do not use Roon

😪

😆

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

7 hours ago, jos said:

I did have had this problem too in my situation, where I use Apple Music as my music-database tool. Recently I did take a look in the map where the Apple Music files resides, and I noticed that Apple Music is not always deleting files you remove/delete, so Audirvana is reading this map and of course he finds those music files you don't want. I deleted them manually and then they where gone in Audirvana. Perhaps this solution will not solve every dupe, but it certainly did help me to clean up.

I may be way off the mark in your case, but here’s my experience with the Windows version:  I had dupes, too, because my NAS share has a #recycle folder and it set up Audirvana to scan the music share.  As I could not disable subfolders within a folder selected for scanning, I stopped scanning the share folder in Audirvana and, instead, had it scan my 17 individual music subfolders.  Pain in the ass to set up, but no dupes now.

Does Apple Music save those deleted files to a separate "save” directory? If so, maybe there’s a way to set up the scan that avoids that directory.

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

2 hours ago, jos said:

The 'track #' field is much too wide in my opinion. Is there a way to change that? The title should be: TR or # IMO.

Amen!  And can't be re-sized as far as I can tell.

Bill

Labels assigned by CA members: "Cogley's ML sock-puppet," "weaponizer of psychology," "ethically-challenged," "professionally dubious," "machismo," "lover of old westerns," "shill," "expert on ducks and imposters," "Janitor in Chief," "expert in Karate," "ML fanboi or employee," "Alabama Trump supporter with an NRA decal on the windshield of his car," sycophant

My latest.  Maybe just have to reconcile myself with scrolling to the right to see more.

506711677_ScreenShot2020-07-03at1_17_35PM.thumb.png.f03a866f94c674b3021eb77ed6170d6d.png

Labels assigned by CA members: "Cogley's ML sock-puppet," "weaponizer of psychology," "ethically-challenged," "professionally dubious," "machismo," "lover of old westerns," "shill," "expert on ducks and imposters," "Janitor in Chief," "expert in Karate," "ML fanboi or employee," "Alabama Trump supporter with an NRA decal on the windshield of his car," sycophant

v. the same shot with the UI would like to see.

Re. Roon, I agree- too much info, find it a distraction.

Bill

877314673_ScreenShot2020-07-03at1_20_34PM.thumb.png.6b8a077c70d3913b2c5445b30e96e56b.png

5 hours ago, Mike Rubin said:

I may be way off the mark in your case, but here’s my experience with the Windows version:  I had dupes, too, because my NAS share has a #recycle folder and it set up Audirvana to scan the music share.  As I could not disable subfolders within a folder selected for scanning, I stopped scanning the share folder in Audirvana and, instead, had it scan my 17 individual music subfolders.  Pain in the ass to set up, but no dupes now.

Does Apple Music save those deleted files to a separate "save” directory? If so, maybe there’s a way to set up the scan that avoids that directory.

Hi Mike, Apple Music does not have a separate map for deleted files. It should delete the files permanently and mostly that is happening, but not always as I find out.

22 minutes ago, jos said:

Hi Mike, Apple Music does not have a separate map for deleted files. It should delete the files permanently and mostly that is happening, but not always as I find out.

One less thing to worry about. :)

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

The thing with Audirvana, i think, it went too fast after Mac version not perfect yet...

to streaming many plateforms, to Windows 10 version...

You will all have to wait a bit to see some design updateS...

Some for me are pretty easy to update to make it WAY better...

Oh, wait, there is also the remote on Mac and PC now :)

Damien is not out of job yet...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

8 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

If you want less things to worry about, never tell iTunes or Music (now on Catalina) where is your music folder... just use Audirvana 1st method: monitored folder. Tags your files like you want, save your .sqlite library file often, and be free 😀

I am not sure 🤔 yet, I will wait for version 4 before I make that decision. I’m also waiting for a decent manual with ideas 💡 how to build the best music library. And finally, Pure Music (Channel D) promised to come out with a new version I want to try in combination with Apple Music. So, no freedom yet. 🥴

24 minutes ago, jos said:

how to build the best music library

... I think you’ll never find a player manual with “ideas” about building the best music library.

Good tagging (in O.C.D. like way ....) is the way to go, no doubt. The more tags you’ll fill the best browsing experience you’ll have ... and if you like classical music it is the only way to browse successfully your library.

Get a good external tagging app like Yate or DBPoweramp and start ... (I don’t find Audirvana the best for this task) ... but try to plan this kind of project at your best, as going back and forward could be frustrating 

My opinion is to not relying on physical folder structure as being it hierarchical it will always be too tight, Artist/Composer and Album are enough.
In Audirvana the combination of smart playlists and filters is really powerful ... nothing to do with iTunes/Apple Music that is too limited.

... and should you be too lazy to maintain tags ... Roon is your way.

Stefano

My audio system

HI - I am a Roon user... Just installed Audirvana because I wanted to test UPnP with the Aqua LinQ.

I just have a few hours to do that test... All is well - except that when I stream anything higher than 16/44 with Qobuz... all I get is 16/44. Nothing higher. Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Mac Mini Late 2014 (16G/SSD) w Uptone JS-2 w OWC Thunderbay 4 Mini RAID (JS-2) / Roon

Aqua LinQ w EtherCon cable (Ghent) w Uptone EtherRegen w Uptone JS-2

Aqua Formula xHD w Ocellia RCA Interconnect & Shunyata Delta NR

Kora TB 200 Integrated Amplifier w Audio Art Power Cable

Magico V2 w Ocellia speaker cables w Shunyata Dark Field Elevator & JL Audio E-Sub e110 X 2

All equipment, including subwoofer on Modulum platforms (modulumaudio.com)

4 hours ago, jacques_racine said:

HI - I am a Roon user... Just installed Audirvana because I wanted to test UPnP with the Aqua LinQ.

I just have a few hours to do that test... All is well - except that when I stream anything higher than 16/44 with Qobuz... all I get is 16/44. Nothing higher. Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

What do you have this setting set to?

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 6.34.31 PM.png

No electron left behind.

Same as yours....

Mac Mini Late 2014 (16G/SSD) w Uptone JS-2 w OWC Thunderbay 4 Mini RAID (JS-2) / Roon

Aqua LinQ w EtherCon cable (Ghent) w Uptone EtherRegen w Uptone JS-2

Aqua Formula xHD w Ocellia RCA Interconnect & Shunyata Delta NR

Kora TB 200 Integrated Amplifier w Audio Art Power Cable

Magico V2 w Ocellia speaker cables w Shunyata Dark Field Elevator & JL Audio E-Sub e110 X 2

All equipment, including subwoofer on Modulum platforms (modulumaudio.com)

I’m currently using version 3.5.12  Ever since 3.5.13, I get a pronounced SNAP between tracks when playing native DSD files (.dsf), ISO, etc..  I am using an iMac and I have an exaSound e38 DAC.  There is no problem if I upsample PCM to DSD (but I also have to enable the option “Use as Stereo Only”  in order to upsample to DSD).  As soon as I disable that option to play 7.1, I get the SNAP between any native DSD tracks (2-channel and multi-channel native DSD).  This started happening with 3.5.13.  I just tried 3.5.38 and it is still the case.  Has anyone had this issue and if so were you able to correct it?

Thanks.

On 7/10/2020 at 9:24 PM, jacques_racine said:

Thanks in advance.

if you get no answer, you can try here:

https://community.audirvana.com

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

Issue with Remote and Audirvana 3.5.38.

Until a some months ago I controlled my 'headless' Mac Mini (late 2014) with Remote either on my iPhone or iPad. I listen to classical music so entire pieces, hence I mainly use the 'Album' view on the Remote

Then in the Remote app in the 'Album' view the contents did not show up anymore. Since then I completely re-installed all equipment involved, had libraries rebuilt (taking many many hours) removed plists, alas to no aval the albums are not displayed in the 'Album' view of Remote anymore

The odd thing is in Tracks view - obviously more items - all tracks are shown in the Remote. Moreover, when I search for an album with Remote, the album shows up.

Even more strange, same Remote on same iPhone when used in conjuction with my iMac 2017 it does display the content in 'Albums' 

!

I love Audirvana for its SQ (I am rather a purist, I am not in need of any 'bells and whistles') but this makes the setup unworkable for me.

Does anyone have any suggestions to resolve this issue?

ThijsA, I can't really help, except to say that I also listen using the iOS Audirvana Remote (usually on the iPad, less often on the phone), no direct access to the Mac, classical music, always in Album view. (Usually selecting from Playlists to keep the catalogue a bit more manageable.) It does work.

A+ Remote can be slow loading, but I do see everything. (I believe the speed of loading has to do with covers, and the reason Tracks view is faster may be because of the small thumbnails. But on the iPhone version of remote, you get thumbnails, too...)

Where is your music? How is the Mini connected to where the files are?

On 4/22/2020 at 10:53 AM, Martini said:

Mac Mini thread swing is good timing. I've got a new Mini i7 w/16gb ram on order. I'm going to be replacing my old 2010 iMac. So a couple questions:

How do I transfer my Audirvana 3.5 license and preferences over to the new computer, so that I don't lose meta data? The way I like to sort my albums is by Genre, Artist and then for Classical by Title (i.e. Symphony #5, Piano Concerto #3, etc) and for Jazz, Blues, Rock, etc. I like to sort Artist, Year of original release, Title. So I've had to manipulate Classical titles and erase the year. On most everything else, I've had to change the reissue year to the albums original release date.  I really don't want to have to mess with that again.

Also, is Direct mode possible with Catalina? How do you go about it, as Apple has changed it's security structure a good bit with Catalina. If it is still "possible", is there any "real" benefit to going that route. As we know, sometimes we tell ourselves we can hear changes, but they don't really exist --> You know, if the data getting to the DAC is bit perfect to the file, with or without Direct, then there is no change in sound. Does the Mac audio core manipulate the file a little? With the Mac and Audirvana is bit perfect only possible with Direct Mode? I've been using Direct Mode on the iMac w/Sierra, but I never really investigated this, nor A/B'ed it. I just kind-of like to set things up the best way and enjoy listening when I can.

Thanks!

From my experience the direct mode sounds much better than without it, hence my new MBP 2018 sounds much worse than my MacBook Air 2011 which uses Yosemite. I gave up on Audirvana as a result.  

I'm bringing to the forum's attention a problem I've been having with Audirvana 3.5.30 that resists my efforts to pinpoint or resolve. I hope someone with experience of Mac OS can assist.

System and Background:

Mac Mini late-2012 i7, OS Sierra, 16GB of RAM formatted in a RAID array.

I purchased the Mini from a video editor who set up the RAID to maximize read/write speed, for editing 4K video. I periodically use the Mini for video editing, and do not plan update the OS. (Google "update Mac OS Sierra to High Sierra" and add "RAID" to the search; you'll see why I'm reluctant to update.)

Most of the tracks in my music library are large files: ripped classical and jazz SACDs to DSF (DSD64), and hi-res PCM downloads converted offline to DSF (DSD128). I use Poikosoft EZ CD Converter.

The problem:

After 15 or 20 minutes of flawless playback of DSD128 files, there are brief audio signal dropouts — sudden silences.

Dropouts occur during DSD128 playback when:

·      lower or higher max. memory is allocated for tracks pre-load

·      Audirvana priority is set to standard, high or extreme

·      large core audio I/O buffer is selected or not selected

Dropouts occur during DSD128 playback, no matter how any of the options are set. I've tried setting max. memory allocated for pre-load at every point along the slider between minimum and maximum, without pinpointing or resolving the problem.

The only way I've found to restore dropout-free playback is to quit the Audirvana application and restart the Mac Mini. Playback is then flawless until the problem reoccurs, generally after another 20 minutes of DSD128 playback.

The cached files indicator sometimes rises as high as 10 GB during a long session of playback. On restart of the computer, cached files reverts to under 2 GB.

I have looked through the Library/Cache on the Mini and have not found any folders containing large Audirvana cached files. 

MY SETTINGS

AudActiveDevice.png.24246ba25733d5bed061291989871c2e.png

AudSysOptimizer.thumb.png.24af478867e87f54f6fec4679a1d8a84.png

AudPre-LoadMemoryLow.png.8dd4b4a954d4c77f6f65238aed3ee9e4.png

AudPre-LoadMemoryHi.png.d38bdfa7a525b918b0173cc5803d869d.png

ACTIVITY MONITOR

CPU during DSD128 playback

ActivityMonitorCPU.png.225b38e72aeafc945b413a80e5f23fef.png

Memory when first starting Audirvana

ActivityMonitorMemoryRest.png.ad69158c17e27a797e00e0254f65a8d4.png

Memory - DSD128 playback - lower max. memory allocated for pre-load

ActivityMonitorMemoryLowPre-LoadDSD128.png.d65fda88102ac2d5023810c4da9ab30f.png

Memory - DSD128 playback - higher max. memory allocated for pre-load

ActivityMonitorMemoryHiPre-LoadDSD128.png.39334a1c568d0c8ba865842262078d17.png

Recap:

I turn off upsampling in Audirvana. I convert hi-res AIFF albums to DSD128 offline. The problem of audio dropouts occurs when playing back pre-converted and native DSD128 albums, generally, 20 minutes into a listening session.

I've been listening to classical music SACDs for the past 15 years and prefer listening to classical music in DSD format, even when the underlying recording was done in PCM. Many of my favorite SACDs were recorded in 24/96 or 24/88.2. Being able to pre-convert 24/96 classical downloads and 24/192 jazz reissues to DSD128 is one of the pleasures of computer audio listening.

If OS Sierra does not meet the minimum requirements for DSD128 playback on Audirvana 3.5, then I'll either have to change to a different computer or give up on Audirvana and switch to JRiver.

I hope someone has a clear idea of the source of this problem. 

i know some problem people have on PC version (i know you are on a mac) is big file... can't remember, i think 4gb or more... like old Windows thing that can't read more than that in one file... i don't know RAID format, but could it be that? my late 2012 i5 with 16gb of memory is set up at 13 312mb in Audirvana... i have no problem just longer to buff... your i7 should be more relax then mine... your set up look good to me...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13