IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

didn't tried it yet with Big Sur since my old mac mini late 2012 is too old for Big Sur without hacking it also :)

might do it later just for fun... :)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

1 hour ago, RunHomeSlow said:

didn't tried it yet with Big Sur since my old mac mini late 2012 is too old for Big Sur without hacking it also :)

might do it later just for fun... :)

Didn’t notice the usual people with Big Sur hacks available.

The new M1 MB Air seems attractive and inexpensive enough it may be my next MacBook.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Maybe a silly question that has already been answered:

If someone publishes a playlist for either Tidal or Qobuz, how do you add that to Audirvana to play in Tidal or Qobuz?

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

• 2 weeks later...

@damien78hello haven’t bothered you in a while. Just upgraded from El Capitan to Catalina. The 15950 songs and 1015 albums I had ripped to old iTunes are gone ie won’t play and the legacy player has nothing in it all the albums and songs are in MUSIC on Catalina but won’t play is there someway toget them to play or is it a lost cause

• 2 weeks later...

14 December 2020...
Don't do the new Security Update of Apple...
it kills Direct Mode and sound in MAC... I could not put back sound or Direct Mode yet...
Had to reinstall Catalina from NEW with security update and done with Direct Mode
or Backup with Direct Mode but no security Update from december 14, 2020...
you decide :) 

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

To be clear... Kills your Mac sound if you had Direct Mode hack before the update

• 2 weeks later...

I posted the following in the networking section of this forum. Any replies greatly appreciated:

System: Fedilizer Pro>Pareto Audio Server with both Audiolinux (Roon) and W10 (Audirvana Studio) OS's, currently using W10 (control via remote desktop with laptop)> Original (2015) Sonore Signature Series, BNC/SPDIF > Yggdrasil A2 > Pass Labs XA100 Monoblocks > Triton Reference Speakers (modified) >Tweeked CiscoSG110D-08 LAN Switch. Cabling: Canare LV-77S SPDIF, Kimber KS2026 XLR interconnects, Kimber KS3035 Speaker wires.

I Updated my text again for Catalina Direct Mode Hack to work again
Audirvana 3.5.43 with 10.15.7 and the Security Update Apple made after...

Thank you @odedia for your code command that i add to made it works again in Catalina...

link have been updated:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j843bj4s3wi3mod/AudirvanaCatalinaDirectMode.zip?dl=0

Just updated my Mac Mini 2020 w/i7 to Big Sur and for some reason my album art has been messed up on many of my albums. Of those messed up, most are from covers that I scanned, so they may be large files, but some downloaded from HDTracks are also distorted. Has anybody else encountered this and how did you resolve the issue?

Server: Mac Mini 3.2GHz-i7, 512Gb - 16Gb macOS 13.x & Audirvana Origin  DAC: Benchmark DAC3B  Linestage: Benchmark LA4  Amp: Benchmark AHB2 x2  Speakers: Revel F328Be

When you're racing... it's Life. Anything that happens before or after, it's just waiting.
- Steve McQueen, Le Mans

13 minutes ago, Martini said:

Just updated my Mac Mini 2020 w/i7 to Big Sur and for some reason my album art has been messed up on many of my albums. Of those messed up, most are from covers that I scanned, so they may be large files, but some downloaded from HDTracks are also distorted. Has anybody else encountered this and how did you resolve the issue?

https://community.audirvana.com/t/blurry-cover-images-in-mac-os-big-sur/19495

• 4 weeks later...

This is the outcome when posting the last command:

chown: IOAudioFamily.kext/Contents/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted

chown: IOAudioFamily.kext/Contents/_CodeSignature: Operation not permitted

chown: IOAudioFamily.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAudioFamily: Operation not permitted

chown: IOAudioFamily.kext/Contents/MacOS: Operation not permitted

chown: IOAudioFamily.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings: Operation not permitted

chown: IOAudioFamily.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj: Operation not permitted

chown: IOAudioFamily.kext/Contents/Resources: Operation not permitted

chown: IOAudioFamily.kext/Contents/Info.plist: Operation not permitted

chown: IOAudioFamily.kext/Contents/version.plist: Operation not permitted

chown: IOAudioFamily.kext/Contents: Operation not permitted

chown: IOAudioFamily.kext: Operation not permitted

What's the best way for me to completely uninstall Audirvana 3.5.xx, including all of the associated configuration files?  I can't get album covers to show up in "Artist" library display mode and am wondering if a complete uninstall and reinstall may solve the problem.

2012 Mac Mini, Mac Sierra OS, Audirvana 3.x, WireWorld Ultraviolet 7 USB Interconnect, Benchmark DAC2 L, Wireworld Equinox 7 Balanced XLR Interconnect, Belles 350A Amp, DIY Speaker Cables (18 strands of 22awg wire in circular array), DIY Carver Ribbon Speakers & Dayton Woofers

So, I am trying to add another device (UPnP) on to the network. Audirvana recognizes it and plays to it. Great. But each of the two devices (Raspberry pi based streamers) need different setting because they work with different dacs. Unfortunately, when I set the device parameters for one (Maximum PCM Rate, Sox and Upsampling target frequencies), they change for both devices. Is there a way to have different setting for each device?

Thanks in advance.

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

Okay, recently started seeing this error after hitting play:

637302726_Image2-13-21at10_54AM.jpg.01d3c1637390a29516b87bbd4e6cb665.jpg

I'm using a Mac Mini i7 with Big Sur 11.1x. and latest ver. of Audirvana. I had optimization set to extreme, but lower it down a notch and this still occurs.

Has anyone seen this?

I also still have the Album cover distortion issue. Is Damien working on this at all? I could lower the resolution of some of my album covers because they were scanned, but I haven't seen any solid guidance on resolution > pixel count & resolution dpi. Also, there is some distortion with albums that were downloaded from HDtracks, etc, so doesn't seem right that I should need to change those too.

Server: Mac Mini 3.2GHz-i7, 512Gb - 16Gb macOS 13.x & Audirvana Origin  DAC: Benchmark DAC3B  Linestage: Benchmark LA4  Amp: Benchmark AHB2 x2  Speakers: Revel F328Be

When you're racing... it's Life. Anything that happens before or after, it's just waiting.
- Steve McQueen, Le Mans

try deleting its preferences…

Close Audirvana

Go to the Main Library Folder… PrivilegedHelperTools folder…
Trash All the files in that folder from Audirvana (that folder install SysOptimizer)
Go to the Main Library Folder… LaunchDaemons Folder…
Trash All the files in that folder from Audirvana (SystemOptimizer and prefs files)

Restart MAC. Restart Audirvana… play song, it will reinstall it :)

Damien give that answer also on his forums:

Can you close Audirvana and do the three commands below in Terminal?

sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.audirvana.SysOptimizerTool.plist

sudo rm /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.audirvana.SysOptimizerTool

sudo rm /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.audirvana.SysOptimizerTool.plist

After doing this, can you open Audirvana and play a track?

for the covers, don't change them, surely a Big Sur bug that will be fix. Update your Big Sur also...11.2.1 now

1 hour ago, RunHomeSlow said:

try deleting its preferences…

Close Audirvana

Go to the Main Library Folder… PrivilegedHelperTools folder…
Trash All the files in that folder from Audirvana (that folder install SysOptimizer)
Go to the Main Library Folder… LaunchDaemons Folder…
Trash All the files in that folder from Audirvana (SystemOptimizer and prefs files)

Restart MAC. Restart Audirvana… play song, it will reinstall it :)

Damien give that answer also on his forums:

Can you close Audirvana and do the three commands below in Terminal?

sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.audirvana.SysOptimizerTool.plist

sudo rm /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.audirvana.SysOptimizerTool

sudo rm /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.audirvana.SysOptimizerTool.plist

After doing this, can you open Audirvana and play a track?

Thanks for always being helpful. Really appreciate your effort👍🤝