IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

I am having trouble with Audirvana (3.3.35) defaulting to internal speakers despite the fact that everything (Apple Sound Preferences; Audio Midi Setup; and Audirvana output preferences recognize and are set to play through my USB Dac. Everything looks good until I hit "play" in Audirvana and then speakers switch to the internal speakers on my iMac. I can play iTunes etc. through USB to my DAC just fine, but if I open Audirvana and hit play, the speaker output selection just switches to internal speakers and there is no sound while Audirvana otherwise appears to be playing (the play bar moves along). Have tried restarting computer and amplifier, checking settings in sound preferences, checked preferences in Audivana. Strangest thing is that this just started happening in the last couple days after years of no problems. (I am not sure if this coincided with update to 3.3.35.)Any thoughts or help?

Office desktop: iMac ((Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) (4 GHz Intel Core i7) (512GB SSD) (32GB Ram)) => USB (Kimber Kable USB Silver) => V-Link 192 USB Input => V-Link Coax Output (AQ Sidewinder) => Schiit Bifrost Multibit Coax Input => Schiit Bifrost Multibit RCA Output => Schitt Pyst => Schitt Asgard 2 => (Audioquest - Mini-3) => Audioengine HD6 (slave connected with Audioquest Type 4 cable) (Pangea AC-14 Power Cord) (IsoAcoustic L8R155 stands) => Audioquest Sidewinders => Audioengine S8 Subwoofer

Just following up on my last post: HQPlayer is not having any trouble accessing my USB Dac Speakers.

Office desktop: iMac ((Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) (4 GHz Intel Core i7) (512GB SSD) (32GB Ram)) => USB (Kimber Kable USB Silver) => V-Link 192 USB Input => V-Link Coax Output (AQ Sidewinder) => Schiit Bifrost Multibit Coax Input => Schiit Bifrost Multibit RCA Output => Schitt Pyst => Schitt Asgard 2 => (Audioquest - Mini-3) => Audioengine HD6 (slave connected with Audioquest Type 4 cable) (Pangea AC-14 Power Cord) (IsoAcoustic L8R155 stands) => Audioquest Sidewinders => Audioengine S8 Subwoofer

21 hours ago, Joebah said:

I am having trouble with Audirvana (3.3.35) defaulting to internal speakers despite the fact that everything (Apple Sound Preferences; Audio Midi Setup; and Audirvana output preferences recognize and are set to play through my USB Dac. Everything looks good until I hit "play" in Audirvana and then speakers switch to the internal speakers on my iMac. I can play iTunes etc. through USB to my DAC just fine, but if I open Audirvana and hit play, the speaker output selection just switches to internal speakers and there is no sound while Audirvana otherwise appears to be playing (the play bar moves along). Have tried restarting computer and amplifier, checking settings in sound preferences, checked preferences in Audivana. Strangest thing is that this just started happening in the last couple days after years of no problems. (I am not sure if this coincided with update to 3.3.35.)Any thoughts or help?

Problem solved! Damien noticed that the Audirvana volume was set to infinite. I dialed it back to -0.1 and everything is working again. (See setting in lower right corner of screen shot.) Why did that fix it? I don't know, but thanks to Damien for his prompt response and diagnosis!

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 10.06.33 AM.png

On 5/25/2020 at 2:35 PM, jcpom said:

thanks much for the thorough explanation! works great for me! DUPES no more!

oops! spoke too soon. dupes again. damn.

MacMini (late 2010 w/ 4 gb @ 10.9.5) dedicated to digital music (hi-res @24/96 FLAC & lossless @16/44.1) via Audirvana+ 1.5.12 * thru AQ Carbon USB to MF V-Link 192 to MF M1 DAC via Mogami Gold AES (XLR) * out to Sennheiser HD800 driven by Burson Audio HA-160 OR (when wife not home!) out to Paradigm Studio 60s driven by Golden Tree Audio SE-40 tube stereo amp * MacBook (lossey @iPod/iPad/iPhone/AppleTV + general computing) * MacBook Pro (late 2011) @ripping/tagging DVD-Audio + Blu ray Audio & for travel via Fiio E-17 * iPhone5 64gb w/ FLAC player

10 minutes ago, jimdukey said:

Me too, and now I can't load "Somewhere" by Keith Jarrett into the Library at all.

And I can't drag and drop like I used to on earlier versions.

It seems like I used to be able to drag and drop to the Audirvana icon in the dock (MacOs) even if Audirvana was not open and it would open and load the music file automatically. Now I can still drag and drop, but have to have Audirvana open to the "track" page and drag the file into that page.

41 minutes ago, jimdukey said:

Thanks, but still not working for me.

There are a billion tracks, don't find "Somewhere" in there, or in Lib/Albums.

When I've had Audirvana refuse to add a title to the library (by putting it in one of the monitored folders), I've been able to add just that album folder as a monitored one. (See "Piano Starts Here" in screen grab)

Library prefs.jpg

Windows 10. i7 CPU. 16 GB RAM.

I only stream and play no files off of the computer’s USB or audio card outputs. Signal path is Synology DS218+ > Ethernet > ASUS AC87R router > Ethernet > TPlink FMC > Optical > TPLink FMC > Ethernet > Sonore microRendu > USB > Wyred4Sound 10th Anniversary DAC > IC > Audioengine A5 powered speakers.

All files upsampled are to DSD256, as both streamer and DAC can handle that and DAC chip is optimized for that.

I have an intermittent problem: randomly, songs don’t play to the end. They terminate abruptly, usually (but not always) towards the end of the songs, and Audirvana plays the next track on the album.

Any suggestions for changing settings so this isn’t a problem?

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

On 5/28/2020 at 12:45 PM, Mike Rubin said:
Windows 10. i7 CPU. 16 GB RAM.

I only stream and play no files off of the computer’s USB or audio card outputs. Signal path is Synology DS218+ > Ethernet > ASUS AC87R router > Ethernet > TPlink FMC > Optical > TPLink FMC > Ethernet > Sonore microRendu > USB > Wyred4Sound 10th Anniversary DAC > IC > Audioengine A5 powered speakers.

All files upsampled are to DSD256, as both streamer and DAC can handle that and DAC chip is optimized for that.

I have an intermittent problem: randomly, songs don’t play to the end. They terminate abruptly, usually (but not always) towards the end of the songs, and Audirvana plays the next track on the album.

Any suggestions for changing settings so this isn’t a problem?

How long are the songs where this happens? Consistent for particular songs? Have you tried adjusting the amount of memory devoted to Audirvana?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

2 minutes ago, Jud said:

How long are the songs where this happens? Consistent for particular songs? Have you tried adjusting the amount of memory devoted to Audirvana?

Hi, Jud.  Thanks for responding.

Songs are typical jazz tracks, usually six to eight minutes.  I haven't investigated for repeat behavior but will do so and re-post whether it's repeatable.

I haven't adjusted memory settings.  Which settings do I change and what number works for you?

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

21 hours ago, Mike Rubin said:

I haven't adjusted memory settings.  Which settings do I change and what number works for you?

DAC settings (the speaker icon at bottom right, at least in the Windows version), Low level playback options, Max. memory allocated for tracks pre-load.

I have 32 gigs of RAM and have the setting at 28, but I doubt there's any magic to it - I just figured I'd set it as high as possible while leaving sufficient RAM for other computer tasks.

When you check whether this always happens with the same tracks, if it does, see whether it always happens at the same point in a given track, and whether that changes with the memory setting change.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

7 minutes ago, Jud said:

DAC settings (the speaker icon at bottom right, at least in the Windows version), Low level playback options, Max. memory allocated for tracks pre-load.

I have 32 gigs of RAM and have the setting at 28, but I doubt there's any magic to it - I just figured I'd set it as high as possible while leaving sufficient RAM for other computer tasks.

When you check whether this always happens with the same tracks, if it does, see whether it always happens at the same point in a given track, and whether that changes with the memory setting change.

Thanks, Jud. Will do. 

The same problem here. I am getting message "Error logging to Qobuz". 
There is no problem with my Qobuz account. I can access it from my phone and from Bluesound Node - not at the same time when I am using Audirvana. 
I tried to: 
-restart Audirvana, 
-restart computer,
-restart network
-reenter Qobuz password
-reenter Audirvana licence
-I deleted AudirvanaPlusDatabase.sqlite as recommended by Damien in this post: Problems logging into Qobuz
I still can't log in to Qobuz
I am running Audirvana 3.5.35 on Mac mini running El Capitan.

It's very frustrating especially that I upgraded from 2.6 to 3.5 a month ago specifically to listen to Qobuz.
I am waiting for response to my email I have sent to Audirvana.

Apple Mac Mini (8GB RAM / 256 GB SSD) –> Audirvana Studio-> ISO Regen->Audio Mirror IV SE
Bluesound Node 2->Audio Mirror Tubadour IV SE

@M2000 I have same OS as you El Capitan on late 2012 i7 Mac Mini with 16GB RAM and have had A+ forever and newest version since it was offered--this started 2-3 days ago--WHY should you or I have to do all those things you listed after #2 on your list ? All my TIDAL self made playlists are on A+3.5 TIDAL itself works(without having to log in) my iTunes library is still available--@Damien78 should be reaching out to us and fix this--A+3.5 is starting to act like ROON does sometimes( AND Qobuz and TIDAL both work on ROON altho I had to log back into Qobuz today BUT ROON accepted my Qobuz email and password) Qobuz both the WEB player and my desktop app both work without having to sign in. Please @damien78 help here.

On 5/31/2020 at 8:22 PM, Frojo said:

I have the same issue and there are others whom have posted on the Audirvana Support forums.

it would appear to be specifically El Cap users withe the latest 3.5.35 update.

Hopefully a fix will arrive soon

Quboz connection via Audirvana working again 😀

Apparently a problem at the Quboz end not Audirvana

The same here. Qobuz is working fine, no log in error anymore. According to email from Audirvana the problem came from Qobuz.

Apple Mac Mini (8GB RAM / 256 GB SSD) –> Audirvana Studio-> ISO Regen->Audio Mirror IV SE
Bluesound Node 2->Audio Mirror Tubadour IV SE

On 5/28/2020 at 5:42 PM, jcpom said:

oops! spoke too soon. dupes again. damn.

I can see them again too, after deleting/changing some Kate Bush albums in Apple Music (so, I spoke too soon too), but I can delete them in Audirvana without any harm. I know I deleted them for sure with Apple Music, including the files. So I could not play them with Audirvana hitting the play buttom. It's seems to me that the cleanup functionality is not working good enough. You could say there is some improvement, but not enough yet. Let see what Damien can do...

Audirvana re-visit

After using Roon for 12 months or more, Roon's playback has not been engaging, head to head comparisons with CD revealed the finer details were missing, certain roughness. Why not give a shot to A+ again... The license for A+ 3x was upgraded to the latest version, less than EUR30, OK. For trial, A+ was installed on a HP-Z800 Win10 Dual Xeon 64GB RAM Workstation and networked to a Lumin U1. Memory allocation is 42GB. No forced upsampling used.

The Plusses

Oh immediate change! Cleaner sound, micro details are there, and there's emotion in music again. Still, recordings that have drums sound like a paper bag, sound like a paper bag, but the well recorded music especially at 48fs original rates are very good. Detection of the Lumin U1 is seamless, works well. comparison now to CD/SACD is 'the same' for CD, with SACD just passing the post a little earlier.  This is what I wanted, the 'convenience' and easier choice of digital with sound quality to match of rotating disc.

Library cataloging for 10,000 tracks took about 3-4 hours, Roon would take days..! 

Now, am I listening to two different architectures or two different pieces of software or the same software output, cause they do sound different. The Roon server is single Xeon/Supermicro 2 years old versus the HP Z-800 10 years old. The HP goes through all the switches to the Lumin, Roon connection is direct.

The Minuses

So why not try A+ on the Roon Server. Bzzzt. wrong. A+ will not install on a Win2016 platform from the website installer.

Advancing the time slider for the track activates the DAC's mute relay, this is really annoying. There's enough memory allocated, and still does this?

DSD to PCM direct (without stop) selection causes the DAC's mute relay to switch at least three times. Sometimes the relay doesn't shut up.

Playing back the 2nd last played track in an album again, also causes the relay to activate.

Mute DAC is on, and delay is set to 3.0s for bridge devices.

If anyone could provide guidance on removing the minuses, I could live with Audirvana.

Equipment/config in the signature.

2020-06-13_10-01-53.jpg

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA