IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

24 minutes ago, Undertone said:

I'll replace the HD with an external SSD, since the internal SSD on the Mini isn't large enough to hold my growing library. 

Glad it works!

May I suggest going with a RAID for your external SSD? Your investment in time and money on all that music needs all the redundancies and back-ups you can manage. If you have at least a 3-drive RAID you can set it up for both redundancy and improved performance (RAID 5, I think). Use your old RAID for backup.

On 7/24/2020 at 1:12 AM, Undertone said:

Replying to RunHomeSlow and Chopin75:

I have several native DSD128 albums, downloaded from the vendor in DSD128. The conversion software is not the problem. Before I used offline conversion, when upsampling in Audirvana to DSD128 or DSD256, the same audio dropouts occured, and there was much higher demand on CPU resources. There is something about the configuration of my Mac Mini that is not allowing  optimized use of RAM.  

I'll look into Euphony Audio as an alternative.

When I booted Euphony Audio from the same crappy MacBook Air 4 GB, I was able to run DSD 128 and 256 with no dropout. Somehow it manages to use less RAM than a Mac. if you can find a way to disable the background apps of the Mac that may help. Note Euphony Audio can only boot a Mac that has no T2 chips meaning no MiniMac 2018 or MacBook 2017 (I think)  Your old macmini should work fine. Euphony sounds much better but app looks terrible though it is simpler to use and less fussy than Audirvana. I vaguely remember the DSD improvement was quite significant with Euphony comparing with Audirvana which  was always a struggle with the drop out and never sounding that great. Euphony makes your Jaw drops with DSD (sorry I know this Audirvana site, will stop now) 

14 hours ago, Chopin75 said:

I vaguely remember the DSD improvement was quite significant with Euphony comparing with Audirvana which  was always a struggle with the drop out and never sounding that great. Euphony makes your Jaw drops with DSD (sorry I know this Audirvana site, will stop now) 

Does anything in Euphony or Stylus do upsampling, or is a separate player such as HQPlayer Embedded, with a separate license purchase, necessary for that?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

10 hours ago, Jud said:

Does anything in Euphony or Stylus do upsampling, or is a separate player such as HQPlayer Embedded, with a separate license purchase, necessary for that?

It can only do PCM upsampling and convert Dsd to PCM. It needs hqplayer embedded to do dsd upsampling or conversion with separate license. 

greetings

I wonder if I can get some advice

I only listen to tidal using audirvana

set up

chord mojo--- avid integra--- harbth 5shl plus 40th anniversary

Avid Integra amp it has no remote control

my dac for the time being is chord mojo and i have the chord poly, sometimes i use the poly but most of the time i use the mojo connected by usd to my computer

i like to be able to control the volume from my couch without always having to reach out to the amp, and maintain the sound quality.

Please advise, what settings in audirvana should i dial in , and how to set my computer volume and amp volume. For example if i will use  the volume control in audirivana, what volume should my amp be set to, and what about the computer volume

Hi @damien78,

I need to check 2 things with you:

1) Is there a reliable Parametric EQ for A+ 3.5 version on Windiows 10? I couldnt find any on the net. I needed a 15 band Parametric EQ;

2) I was thinking of purchasing the A+ 3.5 version but then saw that you guys were charging almost the same amount as the full A+ 3.2 just to upgrade to v3.5. Should I buy the 3.5 now or should I wait for the next release? Is the next chargeable release planned any time soon?

Lastly a rant: I wanna tell you that the GUI for Tidal sucks, I mean theres no My Mixes, radio or any sort of intelligent options in there..its like browsing your windows folder...perhaps a bit of modernisation on that front will work great for your customers...just my opinion.

Thanks

SHOAIB

On 7/30/2020 at 9:59 AM, hykhleif said:

greetings

I wonder if I can get some advice

I only listen to tidal using audirvana

set up

chord mojo--- avid integra--- harbth 5shl plus 40th anniversary

Avid Integra amp it has no remote control

my dac for the time being is chord mojo and i have the chord poly, sometimes i use the poly but most of the time i use the mojo connected by usd to my computer

i like to be able to control the volume from my couch without always having to reach out to the amp, and maintain the sound quality.

Please advise, what settings in audirvana should i dial in , and how to set my computer volume and amp volume. For example if i will use  the volume control in audirivana, what volume should my amp be set to, and what about the computer volume

kindly can anyone suggest help with this

Just to help you without real knowloedge, the best way is to have a remote of your dac that control your amp...

if not, you have to set it up in Audirvana (digital way)... Audirvana has a pretty good thing digital control volume

that i don't know, or have checked, mine DAC as a remote :)  check OLD .pdf of manual of 3.2.16 of Audirvana,

page 40 and see or try yourself...

If you don't have it, see that manual here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ealz0ocfy86f6y4/Audirvana Plus 3.2.16 Manual.pdf?dl=0

Hope it helps you...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

3 hours ago, edtsui said:

I have created a lot of smart playlists.  I would like to edit the criteria that I set up for some of these playlists but could not find a way to do it.  Can someone knowledgeable advise how I can do that?  Thanks.

just right click them with mouse...

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Recently, I have noticed that when I use Audirvana Plus 3.5 (latest version) to listen to music, some hissing and sputtering noises occur a few minutes into a piece of music.  I change different DACs but the same annoying noises persist.  I did the defragmentation of the database, rebuilt the indexes, and checked the database, but the problems persist.  It is very frustrating.  Can someone help me to solve this problem.  Thanks.

15 minutes ago, edtsui said:

Recently, I have noticed that when I use Audirvana Plus 3.5 (latest version) to listen to music, some hissing and sputtering noises occur a few minutes into a piece of music.  I change different DACs but the same annoying noises persist.  I did the defragmentation of the database, rebuilt the indexes, and checked the database, but the problems persist.  It is very frustrating.  Can someone help me to solve this problem.  Thanks.

are you upsampling? Or playing bit perfect?

you play files from hard disc or streaming from internet?

3 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

are you upsampling? Or playing bit perfect?

you play files from hard disc or streaming from internet?

I play upsampling and did not have the problem before.  I am using an iMac and play the music files from my hard discs, with files in 2 separate external hard discs.

11 minutes ago, edtsui said:

I play upsampling and did not have the problem before.  I am using an iMac and play the music files from my hard discs, with files in 2 separate external hard discs.

Mmmm... have you try not upsampling... now, you see, no problem... then close Audirvana.

Restart Mac just for fun, restart Audirvana... try putting back upsampling and see...

when i used to use upsampling in Audirvana, my memory allocated was always on the low side....

1024mb (i was upsampling to dsd128) against now with bitperfect playing without problems and memory at regular settings 13,312mb out of mac 16gb.

oups didn't see your message before mine...

15 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

when i used to use upsampling in Audirvana, my memory allocated was always on the low side....

1024mb (i was upsampling to dsd128) against now with bitperfect playing without problems and memory at regular settings 13,312mb out of mac 16gb.

you tried that?

3 minutes ago, edtsui said:

How do I allocate memory to Audirvana.  I have 24gb in my imac, but do not know how to allocate memory to Audirvana under the new OS Catalina

speaker icon on bottom right of Audirvana... for your DAC preferences... click the arrow on right of it...

Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 12.06.50 AM.png

my picture is because i am not upsampling... move that slider left to 1024 and see

and check your message if needed...