IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

Follow up: I updated my OS to 11.2.1 and I haven't had the SysOptimizer error reoccur, this weekend (knock wood). I didn't delete my preferences, because I was worried I would loose some metadata and mess up sorting. Should this reoccur and I need to to that, would metadata be effected?

Server: Mac Mini 3.2GHz-i7, 512Gb - 16Gb macOS 13.x & Audirvana Origin  DAC: Benchmark DAC3B  Linestage: Benchmark LA4  Amp: Benchmark AHB2 x2  Speakers: Revel F328Be

When you're racing... it's Life. Anything that happens before or after, it's just waiting.
- Steve McQueen, Le Mans

15 minutes ago, Martini said:

Follow up: I updated my OS to 11.2.1 and I haven't had the SysOptimizer error reoccur, this weekend (knock wood). I didn't delete my preferences, because I was worried I would loose some metadata and mess up sorting. Should this reoccur and I need to to that, would metadata be effected?

The prefs i was talking about in my previous post for trashing, was the SysOpt prefs only.

if you trash Audirvana main preferences you will have to put back your settings like they were, like you wanted them, DAC too and serial number. All meta or tags for your music files that you edit in Audirvana tag editor are store in the file itself, so trashing preferences doesn't affect the files, just the layout.

Also trashing the database .sqlite, trash all your playlists and the play count number preference of each file you have played before. So before trashing the database, export all your playlists  :)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Cool, thanks man!

Server: Mac Mini 3.2GHz-i7, 512Gb - 16Gb macOS 13.x & Audirvana Origin  DAC: Benchmark DAC3B  Linestage: Benchmark LA4  Amp: Benchmark AHB2 x2  Speakers: Revel F328Be

When you're racing... it's Life. Anything that happens before or after, it's just waiting.
- Steve McQueen, Le Mans

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed I posted this in the ver 3 forum, my apologies.

Trying out an eval of latest audirvana.  Installed it on my Win10 laptop.  All I want to do is add my library which resides on my NAS (for this example).  For the life of me I cannot find away to do this and have searched forums with no results as well as I see no help file to specifically talk about this? Maybe its my search criteria or whatever but anyway.

My NAS has many shares and I access the shares for other applications via IP:

\\192.168.20.10\Multimedia\Music

The multimedia folder is the share point and can access it from win and ubuntu

When I go into audirvana and select add folders, it comes up with the default windows dialog/explorer and I select the mapped drive I have on my laptop:

M:\\192.168.20.10\Multimedia\Music

Nothing happens?  I see no other way to hardcode this via smb, cifs or whatever.  I never use windows "network neighborhood" or whatever to browse network

I can browse, add, delete files etc.. from on this mapped drive from my win explorer

Thoughts?

My rig

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Anyone know how to access my license info from avangate? I see an email for paddle, but I bought before that and can't find a way to contact them.

write to Damien at: [email protected]

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Maybe new version coming in june?

1 hour ago, mrvco said:

I keep getting emails inviting me to the "Audirvana Studio Grand Premiere".  Apparently it is only on Facebook, I'm more likely to eat my own 💩than disable the 'Facebook Family of Companies' block-list on my Pi-Hole 🤣

A replay will be made available on YouTube. If you block that also, you can ask questions here at AS.  (I imagine it's getting toward time for a separate thread or threads for Audirvana Studio on Mac and Windows.)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

20 hours ago, Jud said:

A replay will be made available on YouTube. If you block that also, you can ask questions here at AS.  (I imagine it's getting toward time for a separate thread or threads for Audirvana Studio on Mac and Windows.)

AS for Audirvana Studio or Audiophile Style ? 😁 or both ? 🤣

Perhaps a specific thread would be better ? I don't know th policy on that matter, I'm more of a reader here.

Mac Mini server running Audirvana+

SOtM SMS-200 neo ultra w/ external clock output linked to a tX-USBhubEX 
SOtM SPS-500 powering both streamer and USB reclocker with Ghent Audio Y DC cable

Wyred4Sound DAC2DSDse w/femto clock

Audia flight FL TWO

B&W CM10S2

I hope the Direct Mode/Mac situation will be addressed.

Another major upgrade without fixing that, or finding a new way to implement Direct Mode,

or eliminate it without sacrificing whatever it was supposed to do originally,

would cause me to not upgrade.

Also, HQ upsamples DSD Files without PCM Conversion.

Maybe Audirvana will accomplish the same thing.

I'll watch for it on Youtube!

i'll get it even just to part from that horrible bue 🤢

😂

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, vicento said:

There is an ad in What HiFi magazine about something new: AUDIRVANA STUDIO.

What is AUDIRVANA STUDIO? Can someone shed some light on this?

And there is a whole thread about the install and teething issues here: