IGNORED

Everything sounds the same

mansr

2 hours ago, lucretius said:

Was this the $20 bill?

7506264797771687552.thumb.jpg.4503201b9eeacb98934558d855b01597.jpg

Could be just looking at it.  

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

5 hours ago, pkane2001 said:

Getting back on topic, can anyone suggest a better power cord to use with my $5 clock radio?

Nordost Red Dawn would seem an obvious choice.   Helps you get up and start the day better. 

https://nordost.com/products/power-cords/leif/red-dawn-power-cord-spec.php

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

17 minutes ago, esldude said:

Nordost Red Dawn would seem an obvious choice.   Helps you get up and start the day better. 

https://nordost.com/products/power-cords/leif/red-dawn-power-cord-spec.php

So you wouldn't recommend Nordost ODIN 2 with 99.999999% oxygen free copper? All for under $17k for 1.25m length and speed of propagation at 88% of speed of light? I want my clock radio to sound just like my main system!

https://blinkhighend.com/shop/cables/nordost-cables/nordost-power-cords/nordost-norse-2-heimdall-power-cord/

5 hours ago, marce said:

Being an Audiophile is no laughing matter, one cannot joke, the road to audio nirvana is a hard and unforgiving road, not only do you have to fret at the horrendous sound your system produces, but constantly be upgrading to get the next day and night improvement, you have to turn your back on conventional physics and be solid in your beliefs, especially in cables, whilst those clever sods use their measurements, knowledge and physics to pull you down...

Oh how hard is the path I have chosen.

I've always had a hard time with this. I consider myself into high performance audio not an audiophile. When I was shown how to convert  a Dynaco St-70 to triode mode in the early seventies and William Z Johnson modified a Dynaco preamp for me in 1974  I knew how to find happiness and have been happy ever since. 

13 minutes ago, esldude said:

No, not for a $5 clock radio.  That would be appropriate with a $20 clock radio.  It is smart to keep your expenditures in proportion to not run out of resources prior to maximizing the benefits.

Why would you spend $20 and a clock radio when it sounds just the same as a $5 clock radio as per the subject of this thread? Sadly I will have to mark your post as off-topic.

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot

2 minutes ago, marce said:

I do... Just getting cynical, quite often people ask what might be the cause of perceived differences, that's usually when the fun starts, one technical comment usually draws the the subjective trolls out from under their bridges with the usual, system not up to it, hearing not up to it etc. etc. ?

On an audiophile website it is impossible to have subjective trolls. There is no *real* objectivity of consequence when the goal is to enhance the experience of a recorded musical event.

Just now, Albrecht said:

On an audiophile website it is impossible to have subjective trolls. There is no *real* objectivity of consequence when the goal is to enhance the experience of a recorded musical event.

What an ironic statement!  ?

9 minutes ago, lasker98 said:

Is there some kind of "Idiotic Topic of the Day" contest going on I'm not aware of. Getting sick of checking  recent activity and being bombarded with these inane topics.

Sorry about that. Maybe its a reflection of a far wider and deeper forum inanity --no, even wider: audiophile inanity. Some of it is meant as satire, reflecting upon this greater inanity. The problem is the diversity and strong division over what that inanity is.

Can we blame the English for the British Empire?  Yes, of course.  and yet...

“I'll bet what motivated the British to colonize so much of the world is that they were just looking for a decent meal."
Martha Harrison

“The British Empire was created as a by-product of generations of desperate Englishmen roaming the world in search of a decent meal.”
Bill Marsano