IGNORED

Everything sounds the same

mansr

Where can I buy one of these $5 clock radios?

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

39 minutes ago, Confused said:

Where can I buy one of these $5 clock radios?

Any clock radio that costs less that $4000 is garbage, can't possibly be high fidelity.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

7 minutes ago, audiobomber said:

Any clock radio that costs less that $4000 is garbage, can't possibly be high fidelity.

I could add my REF10 to reclock the clock in the clock radio, and I’d have a $4000 clock radio!

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

28 minutes ago, Albrecht said:

if you're part of the anti-audiophile 1%. Otherwise, - the vast majority of folks who read and participate here enjoy the benefits of learning about equipment and methodologies that enhance the listening experiences of recordings.

I'm after all of those things, but I refuse to abandon all reason and logic. What percentage am I in?

3 minutes ago, Nordkapp said:

Or you go and buy that stupid Mcintosh wall clock. $1800. 

Highest performing clock known to audiophiles. 

https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/merchandise/McIntosh-Clock

It’s very nice.  It just lacks a little in terms of it’s ability to output sound.

18 minutes ago, mansr said:

I'd like to know what he considers on topic for this thread.

As far as I can tell there is no topic, which leads me to conclude everything is off topic. Here's your initial post, which appears to be only a series of idiotic statements:

"All components (and cables) sound exactly alike. There are no differences between a $5 clock radio and the finest system money can buy. If you have evidence to the contrary, you are not permitted to say so in this thread. We like our beliefs and wish to keep them undisturbed by reality."

How is that to be taken as a topic for intelligent discussion?

18 minutes ago, mansr said:

Even more, I'd like to know why he cares.

LOL. That's rich coming from you of all people. But since you asked, as I wrote in my earlier response:

"Getting sick of checking  recent activity and being bombarded with these inane topics."

26 minutes ago, Nordkapp said:

Mcintosh does not care about that. As long as it looks cool. If an piece of audio electronics looks awesome, then it automatically sounds better. 

I’d want to do a double blind test, to prove that it at least performs as a clock.

47 minutes ago, lasker98 said:

As far as I can tell there is no topic, which leads me to conclude everything is off topic. Here's your initial post, which appears to be only a series of idiotic statements:

"Getting sick of checking  recent activity and being bombarded with these inane topics."

Haven't noticed the Ignore This Topic button at the top of the page?

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC.