IGNORED

Everything sounds the same

mansr

2 minutes ago, mansr said:

Are you suggesting the water in the food remembers the size of salt grains after they have dissolved.

Where is the suggestion that there's water in the food involved and that the salt dissolves (fully) in the first place ?

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

4 minutes ago, firedog said:

So specifically with salt  as an example; typical table salt can have a different taste than a much larger grained salt such as kosher salt. Both are chemically identical, but the different physical properties can change how they taste to us.

That is true provided the grains enter the mouth while solid. If they are dissolved in food during its preparation, there will be no difference.

5 minutes ago, firedog said:

Try analogies in area where you know what you are talking about.

You started it with your flawed chicken example.

Your insults are unwelcome and quite ironic given the context of this thread. Now, please go away.

9 minutes ago, mansr said:

If they are dissolved in food during its preparation, there will be no difference.

Wrong. The spread in the food is very different for the larger grains vs the smaller, no matter the total weight is equal.

Indeed you are no cook. Nobody cares. But of course you are telling the cook that you know better.

Good thread.

XXHighEnd (developer)

Just now, PeterSt said:

Wrong. The spread in the food is very different for the larger grains vs the smaller, no matter the total weight is equal.

Indeed you are no cook. Nobody cares. But of course you are telling the cook that you know better.

Good thread.

Absolutely correct.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

7 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

Are you seriously claiming that if 1 gram of salt is dissolved in 1 litre of water and stirred, there will be some difference depending on the grain size of the salt? Do you also believe in homoeopathy?

Just now, mansr said:

Are you seriously claiming that if 1 gram of salt is dissolved in 1 litre of water and stirred, there will be some difference depending on the grain size of the salt? Do you also believe in homoeopathy?

Recipe calls for 1 gram of salt. 
I add one gram of fine grained table salt in at the beginning of the cooking process.

Make simultaneously another batch and add one gram of kosher salt in 2 minutes before the dish is plated and served. 
In both cases the salt is dissolved. 
The two dishes don't taste the same. 
Can you figure out why? 

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

Hey, I don't care about your childish outbursts. Keep answering. I'll  answer back just to annoy you, b/c you've asked for it. 

"To the realists. - You sober people who feel armed against passion and phantastical conceptions and would like to make your emptiness a matter of pride and an ornament - you call yourself realists and insinuate that the world really is the way it appears to you: before you alone reality stands unveiled, and you yourselves are perhaps the hest part of it - oh, you beloved images of Sais! 1 But aren't you too in your unveiled condition still most passionate and dark creatures, compared to fish, and still all too similar to an artist in love? And what is 'reality' to an artist in love! You still carry around the valuations of things that originate in the passions and loves of former centuries! Your sobriety still contains a secret and inextirpable drunkenness! Your love of 'reality', for example - oh, that is an old, ancient 'love'! In every experience, in every sense impression there is a piece of this old love; and some fantasy, some prejudice, some irrationality, some ignorance, some fear, and whatever else, has worked on and contributed to it. That mountain over there! That cloud over there! What is 'real' about that? Subtract just once the phantasm and the whole human contribution from it, you sober ones! Yes, if you could do that! If you could forget your background, your past, your nursery school - all of your humanity and animality! There is no 'reality' for us - and not for you either, you sober ones - we are not nearly as strange to one another as you think, and perhaps our good will to transcend drunkenness is just as respectable as your belief that you are altogether incapable of drunkenness."

Nietzsche,  The Gay Science, Bk. 2, 57

7a941bcf17fbe4cfe67d5f8c0a2c3a11.thumb.jpg.d18aad9705588760313cc7c86c82cd7b.jpg

18 minutes ago, Nordkapp said:

This entire thread was intended to be a satirical joke, nothing more if I'm correct.  My God............

?  I thought it was an attempt to mimic musical phasing:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/transcoded/4/42/Rhythm_phasing_sixteen_parts_with_harmonic_series_pitches.ogv/Rhythm_phasing_sixteen_parts_with_harmonic_series_pitches.ogv.360p.webm

17 minutes ago, Nordkapp said:

This entire thread was intended to be a satirical joke, nothing more if I'm correct.  My God............

No I don't think it was intended to be a satirical joke, it was making a point about the discussion on another thread.

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot

1 hour ago, mansr said:

Are you seriously claiming that if 1 gram of salt is dissolved in 1 litre of water and stirred

You seem to have the disorder of forming your own prerequisites so you next can claim to be correct on that. If you are interested I can consult Google for the name of that disorder. However, I rather leave that to the real MDs.

Very good that you are clear about such a prerequisite this time, because in other occasions you just claim to be right without giving us this context.

Good thread.

XXHighEnd (developer)

3 minutes ago, wwaldmanfan said:

When one uses it as a condiment directly on food, the size of the salt crystals does change the experience of eating that dish.

I'm not disputing that. I even keep both course and fine salt in my cupboard. Still, you can get salt with just about any grain size and shape for a very modest amount of money, or you can pay through your nose for what amounts to the same thing. Just like with cables.

4 minutes ago, wwaldmanfan said:

There are a lot of different types of "salt" on the market. When one uses it as a condiment directly on food, the size of the salt crystals does change the experience of eating that dish.

I'm struggling to follow. Is "salt" a euphemism for a "usb cable"? And does "food" stand for "DAC"? "Eating that dish" is what, "listening"? Help me out here.