IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

23 minutes ago, the_bat said:

Hi

Is anyone running the Qobuz desktop client on MacOS 10.14 (Mojave)?  It runs perfectly here but consistently crashes on exit.

Alan

MacOS 10.14 on early 2015 Macbook Pro.   Works fine,  no crashes on exit.  My problem is the well known one of DLNA/UPnP incompatibilities.  Does not work with SOtM, or Digione but curiously does work with the Dynaudio Connect DLNA/UPnP implementation.   Hoping for an improved release soon. Anyone hear a new date for public release of Qobuz yet?  

4 hours ago, Musicophile said:

For all of you using the desktop client, I strongly suggest moving to Audirvana. Better sound and a remote app!

Sure, agree - good solution, if the audio computer is a MAC.

I use two Windows machines with a JPLAY connection and I can really recommend BubbleUPnP Server feeding Foobar2000. App is Linn Kazoo or Lumin.

Indeed. The BubbleUPnP Server/foobar2000 combo even allows nornally non-gapless Chromecast Audios to play gaplessly (requires the foo_out_upnp plugin).

However, for those requiring the desktop version of Linn Kazoo to be used on the same Windows machine as foobar2000 is running on, the BubbleUPnP Server needs to be run on another networked machine - ideally one that can be run 24/7 such as a network server box, NAS, Raspberry Pi, etc.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

On 10/10/2018 at 8:45 PM, the_bat said:

Hi

Is anyone running the Qobuz desktop client on MacOS 10.14 (Mojave)?  It runs perfectly here but consistently crashes on exit.

Alan

Hi,

We notice  this problem, we will correct this soon.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

On 10/10/2018 at 9:14 PM, TAV said:

MacOS 10.14 on early 2015 Macbook Pro.   Works fine,  no crashes on exit.  My problem is the well known one of DLNA/UPnP incompatibilities.  Does not work with SOtM, or Digione but curiously does work with the Dynaudio Connect DLNA/UPnP implementation.   Hoping for an improved release soon. Anyone hear a new date for public release of Qobuz yet?  

Unfortunately the news are not good for DLNA / uPNP: we have not yet found a solution to the problems encountered. The leads are becoming clearer despite everything.
In the meantime we pass the DLNA / uPNP listening feature as an option, disabled by default (You can enable it in the application settings).
We are not abandoning this feature and are still looking for a solution, unfortunately it will take longer than expected. 

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

18 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Unfortunately the news are not good for DLNA / uPNP: we have not yet found a solution to the problems encountered. The leads are becoming clearer despite everything.
In the meantime we pass the DLNA / uPNP listening feature as an option, disabled by default (You can enable it in the application settings).
We are not abandoning this feature and are still looking for a solution, unfortunately it will take longer than expected. 

That's really too bad.  I sent the report in from my MacBook Air running Qobuz trying to UPnP to the PS Audio DirecStream with Bridge II.  It can see it and all but will not play through it.  Qobuz even plays.  I think some help from Convers Digital would help you too.  

http://www.conversdigital.com/

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

6 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

DLNA / UPnP is the most nonstandard standard. Ask the guys at jriver what it’s like to make an app work with numerous devices. It ain’t easy. 

This is so true as I discovered last December when I purchased my DLNA compliant DAC + renderer only to discover that Audirvana + v.3 would not function as intended. I found I needed to purchase another renderer that had been A+ "approved".

I'm not blaming anyone except myself... When it comes to DLNA the consumer must ask specific questions regarding software and hardware compatibility. If you can't find anyone who has made successful use of software "x" with hardware "y" - even if both are DLNA compliant - it probably won't function as intended.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

While I understand all of this, this isn't good for Qobuz then.  There are A LOT of people out there that will be confused and not wiling to buy new hardware.  Their best solution really is Roon at this point.  Other than Roon, they must continue to work with the HW guys to get it working.  Best software out there isn't any good without the HW to use it with.  ?

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

5 hours ago, David Craff said:

Glad Qobuz isn't abandoning DLNA/uPNP since so many of us depend on it.  It does work fine with Audirvana +  to SOtM and Allo Digione so that will suffice until Roon integration and DLNA/uPNP is reliably working.  

Is the US rollout still scheduled to happen before the end of 2018?   

11 hours ago, David Craff said:

Glad to hear that DLNA/uPNP is not abandoned.  One player that I would like the app to work with which was working partially until the last upgrade is HQPlayer Embedded.  Wish @Miska (author of HQPlayer) had the ability to sign up for Qobuz in Finland so he could test the integration.

The mandatory DLNA audio codec/formats appear to still be the same, with the addition of AAC LC. Incidentally, (raw) LPCM is mentioned which presumably is what you were referring to by the 44.1/16 format.

DLNA media servers requiring to be able to transcode to the DLNA audio formats supported by the DLNA renderer is quite innocent in itself. However, this has certainly been misinterpreted by some media server designers, most notably the Windows built-in DLNA server, which has been known to 'accidentally' automatically silently transcode for some UPnP/DLNA renderers (but not for all renderers, for some unknown reason).

Hence it's probably best for audiophiles to avoid using DLNA supporting media servers and stick to those that are just generic UPnP media servers, such as MinimServer, where you do have full control of the audio codec/formats used and any required transcoding.

Qobuz should also concentrate on 'pure' UPnP support, rather than DLNA. I can't think of any the well known audiophile non-mainstream/boutique UPnP supporting renderers that are actually DLNA certified - so even when the claim DLNA support they are most likely only generic UPnP renderers. DLNA certified hi-end UPnP/DLNA renderers only seem to be produced by the more mainstream manufacturers, such as Marantz, Teac, Sony, etc - plus there are some that only support UPnP, eg, Cambridge Audio.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

On 10/10/2018 at 10:11 AM, davidovada said:

ciao...so I followed all the instructions to modify my hifi tier to studio tier. I entered my payment information(as per the instructions), my card was charged and..............nothing. No acknowledgement from Qobuz. No instructions on what to do. I've now paid twice for this month. What do I do? Accepting my new payment was easy. Follow through...not so much.

Here are the instructions I followed:

How to change my subscription offer?

You can change your subscription offer or formula at any time. Here’s how:

• Login to Qobuz.com
  • Go to our offers page
  • Choose a new subscription
  • Confirm payment 

If your subscription is running, the system will notify you if you are eligible to a prorate. The previous subscription will be overwritten and you will be able to instantaneously take advantage of your new subscription. 

Warning: do not unsubscribe from your current offer before changing offers. You would lose any right to a potential prorate.

@davidovada were you able to clear this up by contacting Qobuz? 

For anyone wondering what this is about, I've posted info on the new EU pricing in the Qobuz USA launch thread:

Everyone wants to date my avatar.