IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

16 hours ago, Martin H said:

David, do you know if there is any likely fix date for the windows Qobuz app, using the Upnp feature with the Linn DS ?

i love to use the Qobuz app to explore the music but really want to be able then to push that to the Linn DS at the highest res available rather than have to open another app (I.e. Kazoo etc) to do that.

Given that your UPnP supporting Linn DS streamer should already have the highest resolution available Qobuz access via its own Linn Kazoo controller app, what exactly is the problem with the Windows version of the Linn Kazoo controller app that makes you prefer using Qobuz's own Windows desktop application instead?

BTW, do you know if your Linn DS supports gapless playback when used in standard UPnP streaming mode, as opposed to the default OpenHome (aka UPnP with Linn extensions) streaming mode it is able to use with its own controller apps?

If it doesn't, no gapless supporting third party standard UPnP controller, so including the Qobuz desktop application (hopefully - when its built-in standard UPnP controller is no longer beta!), will be able to control the Linn DS gaplessly. Any fix for standard UPnP gapless playback would have to come from Linn themselves.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

29 minutes ago, Cebolla said:

Given that your UPnP supporting Linn DS streamer should already have the highest resolution available Qobuz access via its own Linn Kazoo controller app, what exactly is the problem with the Windows version of the Linn Kazoo controller app that makes you prefer using Qobuz's own Windows desktop application instead?

BTW, do you know if your Linn DS supports gapless playback when used in standard UPnP streaming mode, as opposed to the default OpenHome (aka UPnP with Linn extensions) streaming mode it is able to use with its own controller apps?

If it doesn't, no gapless supporting third party standard UPnP controller, so including the Qobuz desktop application, will be able to control the Linn DS gaplessly. Any fix for standard UPnP gapless playback would have to come from Linn themselves.

It's a good question and I hope I can answer it. I have really enjoyed using the Qobuz service. Primarily for the combination of high quality streaming and the discounted purchases but as they have upgraded the apps I have also found the Qobuz windows app a really nice way to explore and discover new music and more specifically the new releases each week. Its just a good experience and continues to improve. So each Friday I will work my way through them, read about the artists and albums as I listen to them. But the disappointment has always been to hear the music at the highest quality on my main system (which is for me the point) that I then have to go to the Linn app and find the same album again. So ideally the Qobuz app would just drop them straight into the DS playlist for me which in effect is what the Upnp seems to achieve (or it did when first released as a beta). Maybe better put as the simplest requirement is basic enough - enjoy the Qobuz experience while listening at the highest quality. I can use the Linn Kazoo app to select it but then I don't get the increasing richness of the Qobuz app. So I was over the moon when I saw the upnp feature and it worked for the first few days (I assume something changed that 'broke that').  

As I say I am huge Qobuz advocate and have converted many friends/acquaintances to it etc. and just keen to get an update on the feature's likely fix. not ranting or raving about anything - just asking. 

The second question - I am not sure but not being a classical buff I am not sure that would worry me as much as it might others. 

it's good to see that they are launching in the US and Canada although they are tough markets and I am not sure enough punters understand the distinction re quality anywhere these days but hopefully they can overcome that. 

10 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Hello,

We do not have a new version date of the application in which reading on uPNP/DLNA compatible outputs would be functional. A new version will arrive in about ten days but this one will not fix this feature.

We have identified reading problems with uPNP/DLNA outputs and now need to implement a new approach to properly meet expectations on this feature. To go into detail, we need to transform our application so that it can serve audio file links itself. This will require more time, especially since we have to pay attention to the application's performance.

I sincerely doubt that we will have time to propose this before the end of the year, but I know the importance and need for this feature and I will do my best to respond as quickly as possible.

Regards

I'd say without DLNA or Roon Integration you're almost wasting your time.  That's my opinion.  

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

11 minutes ago, jtwrace said:

I'd say without DLNA or Roon Integration you're almost wasting your time.  That's my opinion.  

I'm using Qobuz with BubbleUPnP-Server and Linn Kazoo with great satisfaction. It directly plays to my Foobar2000 UPnP/DLNA renderer.

You can setup the BubbleUPnP-Server on your Synology and use Linn Kazoo on Win / Mac / iOS.

1 minute ago, EuroChamp said:

I'm using Qobuz with BubbleUPnP-Server and Linn Kazoo with great satisfaction. It directly plays to my Foobar2000 UPnP/DLNA renderer.

You can setup the BubbleUPnP-Server on your Synology and use Linn Kazoo on Win / Mac / iOS.

I won't do that.  Roon is the only way I roll at this point.  I did a blind test at a GTG a couple weeks back.  Qobuz to Tidal just using their apps.  100% picked Tidal.  I wasn't expecting that at all.  

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

5 minutes ago, jtwrace said:

I won't do that.  Roon is the only way I roll at this point.  I did a blind test at a GTG a couple weeks back.  Qobuz to Tidal just using their apps.  100% picked Tidal.  I wasn't expecting that at all.  

Sorry, I do not fully understand the outcome of your test. (I am not english native).

To my understanding you want to send music from Qobuz desktop app via UPnP to your system.

My suggestion, send the music from BubbleUPnp-Server via UPnP to your system. (until Qobuz has added the feature)

22 minutes ago, jtwrace said:

Last Friday David said that Roon integration was in progress. Did you not see that post?

I agree with you about Roon. It sounds much better than JRMC in my system.

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

2 minutes ago, EuroChamp said:

My suggestion, send the music from BubbleUPnp-Server via UPnP to your system. (until Qobuz has added the feature)

The PS Audio DS Dac doesn't work with Qobuz doing that.  Installing more software on the Synology isn't what I want to do.  They either need to make DLNA work flawlessly (easily) and have Roon integration or wait on the release.  My personal opinion is that they will risk a large loss by rushing the release with SW that doesn't work to replace Tidal.  Again, just my opinion.  

2 minutes ago, mourip said:

Last Friday David said that Roon integration was in progress. Did you not see that post?

I agree with you about Roon. It sounds much better than JRMC in my system.

I did see that.  No roadmap however and based on what I know about history and what was said at RMAF, it will not be anytime soon.  

33 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Hello,

We do not have a new version date of the application in which reading on uPNP/DLNA compatible outputs would be functional. A new version will arrive in about ten days but this one will not fix this feature.

We have identified reading problems with uPNP/DLNA outputs and now need to implement a new approach to properly meet expectations on this feature. To go into detail, we need to transform our application so that it can serve audio file links itself. This will require more time, especially since we have to pay attention to the application's performance.

I sincerely doubt that we will have time to propose this before the end of the year, but I know the importance and need for this feature and I will do my best to respond as quickly as possible.

Regards

David,

Many thanks for the comprehensive answer. Will look forward to it being delivered, hopefully early in the new year sometime. I do think it will allow users like me to stay get the full Qobuz experience AND get the most out of the HiRes music. Awesome. Having got it to work for just an afternoon on a track by track basis proved it makes a big difference. Thanks. Great service

martin

2 minutes ago, jtwrace said:

The PS Audio DS Dac doesn't work with Qobuz doing that.  Installing more software on the Synology isn't what I want to do.  They either need to make DLNA work flawlessly (easily) and have Roon integration or wait on the release.  My personal opinion is that they will risk a large loss by rushing the release with SW that doesn't work to replace Tidal.  Again, just my opinion.  

It seems, we have a different approach. I am EU located and I use it that way to my liking for years now. Could not imagine to loose the huge Qobuz classical portfolio. I - for example - do not like Roon.

But if you like it, what I can understand - and you want to use Qobuz now, why not temporarily install BubbleUPnP-Server (quite easy), and enjoy the music, until they deliver a full Roon integration. I do not know of course, but they will certainly bring the Roon integration soon, because of high customer requests.

Why would you want a Qobuz desktop app with UPnP? It always forces you to have your desktop running during playback. Synology NAS would do that for you in a great way.

Just now, EuroChamp said:

It seems, we have a different approach. I am EU located and I use it that way to my liking for years now. Could not imagine to loose the huge Qobuz classical portfolio. I - for example - do not like Roon.

But if you like it, what I can understand - and you want to use Qobuz now, why not temporarily install BubbleUPnP-Server (quite easy), and enjoy the music, until they deliver a full Roon integration. I do not know of course, but they will certainly bring the Roon integration soon, because of high customer requests.

Why would you want a Qobuz desktop app with UPnP? It always forces you to have your desktop running during playback. Synology NAS would do that for you in a great way.

Thanks for your view.  I just like Roon and have pretty much decided that Roon/Tidal work fine for me until Qobuz gets fully integrated with Roon.  Also, the current Qobuz catalog doesn't have A LOT of what Tidal has anyway so it would be more hassle and a loss at this time.  

7 hours ago, jtwrace said:

'd say without DLNA or Roon Integration you're almost wasting your time.  That's my opinion. 

@David Craff

I disagree completely.

This is anecdotal but, in my circle, everyone but me has said farewell to local and LAN based files for consumption and are solely streaming, using native apps. These are not casual listeners but interested in high resolution and own excellent systems. 

In fact, I may migrate away from Roon and just use the Qobuz ecosystem and partners.

I'm exploring the desktop Qobuz app both connected directly to a DAC and via Chromecast (the HDMI version).

It seems the Qobuz app doesn't recognize the first generation Chromecast but does recognize the gen 2 Chromecast. 

I'm assuming there are limitations of the first version that make it problematic.

Just an observation.

3 minutes ago, loop7 said:

I'm exploring the desktop Qobuz app both connected directly to a DAC and via Chromecast (the HDMI version).

It seems the Qobuz app doesn't recognize the first generation Chromecast but does recognize the gen 2 Chromecast. 

I'm assuming there are limitations of the first version that make it problematic.

Just an observation.

Yes. Many apps don’t work well or at all with gen 1 of the chromecast. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

For me the support for Roon and UPnP/DLNA are two parallel track.  One is development by Roon, while the other is development by Qobuz.  For me Roon brings the benefit of having my streaming and local music managed by single interface, for now I am perfectly happy to use BubbleUPnP client on Android phone/tablet or mConnect on IOS devices with Minimserver.  

I rather have access to Qobuz and let Qobuz release a stable client when they are ready.

I don't know who to tag here, so I will tag both @damien78 and @David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist

One of my frustrations using Audirvana+ with Qobuz is this, I will be searching through for an album and find 5 different versions and have to click on each one to find which is which, or if I can play them at all.  If there was a way you guys could figure out a way to make the searching easier within A+ that would be great.

edit:  Here are 4 examples

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 7.59.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 7.59.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 7.59.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 7.59.03 PM.png

No electron left behind.

5 hours ago, shadowlight said:

For me Roon brings the benefit of having my streaming and local music managed by single interface

I am probably a fellow with simple needs, as both my streaming and local music are managed by the single A+ interface.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

37 minutes ago, Jud said:

I am probably a fellow with simple needs, as both my streaming and local music are managed by the single A+ interface.

Believe me I would love to use A+ but as of right now I have had stability issues with it on Win10 enterprise system with dump files being created when it crashes.  I am hoping Damien sees my message on the A+ thread.

14 hours ago, David Craff said:

To go into detail, we need to transform our application so that it can serve audio file links itself.

David, Qobuz integration in A+ works great with UPnP/DLNA renderers.  How did Damien solve this?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's