IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

27 minutes ago, David Craff said:

In fact, you cannot search for a customer's playlist. Only Qobuz playlists or Qobuz partners' playlists are available for consultation.

The next step is to search our customers' playlists.

This one will be available soon, but we can't give you access to all our customers' playlists because some of them are not interesting: 0 tracks, 1 complete album and nothing else, etc.....  Our job is to index, on the search engine, only the customer's playlists that can be interesting and for that we need to apply some restrictions like: playlist with 10 tracks minimum, tracks of 2 different albums minimum etc.....

David, 

Excellent news and of course your explanation makes complete sense. 

I am sure you have more than enough to do at Qobuz but I did always wonder if Qobuz should have a forum for Qobuz users to share their musical discoveries or talk about artists or even just a place where they could post their favourite/recommended playlists. Or maybe simpler just a place that everyone can create their 'super' playlist of their favourite tunes and post it in their name. The forum would handle all of that and add some sort of community but having been around a few forums over the years I realise they can too often disrupted by a mischevious poster and often become difficult to manage. Shame really and happy to wait for the user search.  

Qobuz really is/are excellent. Thanks

On 10/30/2018 at 12:33 PM, Martin H said:

Thanks to both. I have tried it on my Android phone today which has been the first opportunity I have had and I have licences already etc.. If I can get it to work there then I will either dig out an old android tablet that I had or preferably try the same thing on Windows? (would it work on windows 10 do you think? or is it just an Android feature).

Unfortunately, it's just an Android feature.

On 10/30/2018 at 12:33 PM, Martin H said:

The on problem I have at the minute is that I am only getting 16/44. So I don't get the full res (which the Qobuz feature when ready promises to deliver). Don't get me wrong  - its a step forward for simple sampling but ideally it would play the song the same way is if I went and found it in Kazoo? As it is specifically listed in the settings as 16 bit for wifi with no option to set anything higher I am assuming I am screwed  on this - right?

Are you certain you are connecting with the same hi-res Qobuz account, on both the Qobuz Android app and the BubbleUPnP (or BubbleDS Next) Android app?

Also the resolution settings on the Qobuz Android app don't actually matter for the Share feature to work - though it's odd that it doesn't allow you to choose the full resolution for WiFi. It's the Qobuz resolution settings on the BubbleUPnP (or BubbleDS Next) Android app that need to be correct, as that's what's actually controlling the UPnP/DLNA or OpenHome streamer.

I've connected with my (up to 24/192 kHz streaming) Studio account in the Qobuz Android app and configured its resolution settings to the lowest quality MP3 320kbps and the Share feature still works with hi-res tracks. Even the Deactivated option in the resolution settings has no affect on the hi-res tracks working with the Share feature. My BubbleUPnP Android app has to be configured to the highest quality for Qobuz and connected with tha same account, though.

Having said that, it's possible that neither the BubbleUPnP nor the BubbleDS Next Qobuz resolution settings will affect your Linn DS streamer in its default OpenHome streaming mode, anyway, since that's an internal setting that you need to configure with the Linn Konfig application.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

6 hours ago, Martin H said:

David, 

Excellent news and of course your explanation makes complete sense. 

I am sure you have more than enough to do at Qobuz but I did always wonder if Qobuz should have a forum for Qobuz users to share their musical discoveries or talk about artists or even just a place where they could post their favourite/recommended playlists. Or maybe simpler just a place that everyone can create their 'super' playlist of their favourite tunes and post it in their name. The forum would handle all of that and add some sort of community but having been around a few forums over the years I realise they can too often disrupted by a mischevious poster and often become difficult to manage. Shame really and happy to wait for the user search.  

Qobuz really is/are excellent. Thanks

We do not  have forum but a old place call User Voice available here : https://qobuz.uservoice.com/

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

21 hours ago, David Craff said:

We do not  have forum but a old place call User Voice available here : https://qobuz.uservoice.com/

Yes- sorry I am familiar with that help area. But I was thinking more of a place where the Qobuz community could talk and share thoughts and recommendations of the music/artists. So more focused upon the content  and helping each other explore it. The uservoice is a good place to flag issues and problems. Just a thought really. Not critical but maybe enhance the experience a little further.

On 11/1/2018 at 3:10 PM, Martin H said:

Yes- sorry I am familiar with that help area. But I was thinking more of a place where the Qobuz community could talk and share thoughts and recommendations of the music/artists. So more focused upon the content  and helping each other explore it. The uservoice is a good place to flag issues and problems. Just a thought really. Not critical but maybe enhance the experience a little further.

Good idea. There are quite a number of music forums already out there, but having something with some form of a direct link to Qobuz (or better even, integrated with) would be great. 

This would be a spot on fit with the positioning around the music lover that Qobuz focused on. 

On 11/2/2018 at 3:52 PM, davidovada said:

Years ago I used to peruse all of the Qobuz catalog via their website. There is an enormous amount of music that never makes an appearance on their apps (desktop and ios). The apps are strictly limited to recent releases (and not every new release). I've found so much great music that, unless you search for something specific, goes unnoticed. I wonder if there are any plans to make the full catalog available through the apps. I'm a jazz dude and enjoy "flipping" through their "virtual crates."

If anyone is interested, you need to go to their website, select a genre and then drill down to find tons of hidden gems. Today I found a great new Karin Plato jazz vocal album that did not make it onto either of their apps...just a suggestion.

Do you mean they don’t appear on the new releases page?

You can obviously access every album through an app but I guess you mean you might not know it exists? Obviously you can search by artists and then see all of their albums. I know on the browser you can search by release date but tbh I don’t know if that’s possible in the app or not. Not noticed it I guess. 

@David Craff  I use Chromecast with my Qobuz iOS app (OS 12.1 and iPhone XS) but since a few months each track in an album seems to glitch by repeating from the start after 2-3 seconds of playback on my Naim Uniti Nova.  No idea if it's a Naim or Qobuz issue but it's beyond frustrating. Thank you in advance for your help!

Roon Rock (NUC8i3BEK), Lumin A1, Audioquest Water XLR, McIntosh C70, McIntosh MC302, McIntosh MC74 Tuner, Monsoon AC power cord, Audioquest Rocket 88, Dynaudio Focus 340 and BIS Audio EVO Powerstrip.

42 minutes ago, beajuju said:

@David Craff  I use Chromecast with my Qobuz iOS app (OS 12.1 and iPhone XS) but since a few months each track in an album seems to glitch by repeating from the start after 2-3 seconds of playback on my Naim Uniti Nova.  No idea if it's a Naim or Qobuz issue but it's beyond frustrating. Thank you in advance for your help!

Hello this problem happened with the latest version of the Chromecast firmware launched by Google.

We are in discussion with Google to find a solution. The problem is present when listening to a file in FLAC format.

While waiting for a correction, I invite you to force MP3 playback on a Chromecast.

Regards

On 11/1/2018 at 3:10 PM, Martin H said:

Hi,

Yes that will be better but not priority for the moment.

16 hours ago, mourip said:

Actually a number of CA members signed up from the US via VPN and then just connect directly.

16 hours ago, rando said:

Exactly.  ;)

You did catch this loophole is no longer?  At least one person reported an out of town French account needed to be converted to Italy where the address on their credit card is.  Pas plus mi ami.

Renewals seem to work OK. Not sure about new accounts. Something may have changed along with the new price structure.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.