IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

On 6/16/2021 at 6:11 AM, Bevok said:

- when I lose the connection (e.g. turn off receiver I'm Chromecasting to) the local device (phone or iPad) starts playing the track out its speaker.

This is a known bug and Ive been chasing them for a few months now. We will need to wait till the new chromecast receiver is updated and according to @David Craff, it is going to be this summer. Well its June already. So i guess another 2 months ?

On the latest build (6.0.0) of the desktop player, Windows 10 notifications work well when a track changes. (I get the slide-out notification of a new track at the bottom-right of the PC.)

However, those notifications no longer disappear from the "Manage Notifications" panel after the track plays. They just pile up, track after track. If I play 20 tracks, Windows shows that I have 20 notifications.

This is on a one-week-old Windows 10 installation. Is this happening with anyone else. Can Qobuz duplicate the issue?

notifications window.png

Doesn't iOS completely take care of AirPlay at the operating system level, ie, is AirPlay version support relevant as far as the apps running on iOS are concerned?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

On 6/22/2021 at 8:50 AM, David Craff said:

Hi,

When you said 'doing nothing' there is no music playing on the app ?

Correct, it's just in background, even when pressing the red button to close the window like you do in Macs so that the app "disappears" even if the app was just started and I didn't scroll any long list or anything similar that might cause high memory usage, for example. It's just as if there is a loop doing something every 30 seconds.

Version 6.0.0-b005 on a mid 2014 Macbook pro maxed out (3.0GHz Dual-core Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM) running El Capitan.

It didn't start with this latest version 6, definitely wasn't present months ago, although the CPU usage has always been very high while browsing so it might have been hidden (seems better with the current).

On 6/22/2021 at 2:54 AM, David Craff said:

Hi,

This is not a big issue, we will fix it asap.

Thanks for your feedback

Thanks, as I said it isn't a big deal to me either but I was hoping you'd notice and maybe get it on the list of things to fix at some point.  Thanks for keeping up with this forum thread and letting us know what's going on too!

10 hours ago, Talisman said:

On the latest build (6.0.0) of the desktop player, Windows 10 notifications work well when a track changes. (I get the slide-out notification of a new track at the bottom-right of the PC.)

However, those notifications no longer disappear from the "Manage Notifications" panel after the track plays. They just pile up, track after track. If I play 20 tracks, Windows shows that I have 20 notifications.

This is on a one-week-old Windows 10 installation. Is this happening with anyone else. Can Qobuz duplicate the issue?

notifications window.png

I just turned notifications on to check and it isn't just your machine.  They aren't disappearing from my notifications list after the song ends either. I've never been a fan of the notifications function so I keep them turned off.  Not the best solution if you like having notifications pop up onscreen but I don't see any setting to dismiss them automatically.

2 hours ago, Cebolla said:

Doesn't iOS completely take care of AirPlay at the operating system level, ie, is AirPlay version support relevant as far as the apps running on iOS are concerned?

I see different behavior from different apps doing the same thing. It leads me to believe it’s up to the app. Could be wrong though. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 6/24/2021 at 12:56 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I see different behavior from different apps doing the same thing. It leads me to believe it’s up to the app. Could be wrong though. 

Are you seeing obvious AirPlay 2 noncompliance such as the iOS app's AirPlay streaming being interrupted by a phone call or its AirPlay multi-room streaming not being available/failing? 

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

@David Craff I wanna be honest here: I am going to ask for money back.

Web adn Android apps are bad, really bad in all sort of thing when intefacing with anything Chromecast related.

- Connection of Android app to Google Mini Speaker has become impossible: it's not connecting any longer whatever I try (reboot of phone and of speaker, cache clearing etc.)

- Volume issue is still presente: if I connect web app or Android app to my Nvidia Shield with integrated Chroemcast, changing volume from the phone slider has no effect all all

I'm sorry but I am going to write to customer support and ask for annual subscription money back, than will move back to Tidal (and eventually to Spotify once CD quality will be implemented).

Sorry but music quality is not everything, UX is terrible here...

20 hours ago, thegios said:

@David Craff I wanna be honest here: I am going to ask for money back.

Web adn Android apps are bad, really bad in all sort of thing when intefacing with anything Chromecast related.

- Connection of Android app to Google Mini Speaker has become impossible: it's not connecting any longer whatever I try (reboot of phone and of speaker, cache clearing etc.)

- Volume issue is still presente: if I connect web app or Android app to my Nvidia Shield with integrated Chroemcast, changing volume from the phone slider has no effect all all

I'm sorry but I am going to write to customer support and ask for annual subscription money back, than will move back to Tidal (and eventually to Spotify once CD quality will be implemented).

Sorry but music quality is not everything, UX is terrible here...

Qobuz will just stop responding to your emails and no refund will be provided.

I paid via PayPal and raised an issue that way, once again Qobuz failed to respond, PayPal found in my favour and provided a refund.

Make sure you have all your ticket numbers provided by support to prove no action or resolution has been provided.

Setup:

Lumin D2> Roksan Blak> Focal 806

16 minutes ago, Muddy Walter said:

Tried to report online via Qobuz Webplayer to Customer Service but that failed.

Discover and favorites pages are working here, still can't get at the playlists page.  I clicked on the first track in my favorites list and it started playing so I set it to shuffle and it's now shuffling thru my favorites just fine.

10 minutes ago, Muddy Walter said:

Be good if there was a simple way to check the service, a status page.

Qobuz having a status page would be admitting they're down enough to have one so I wouldn't look for them to have a page showing downtime..  There are 3rd party web sites that you can check or add your problems to but they don't do much in offering assistance or explaining why a site is down and not a lot of people use them for a site like Qobuz. Uptime.com and downdetector.com are 2 of them, downdetector says they haven't had any reports in the past 24 hours and uptime has had 3 reports this morning, one of which is mine.

Edit: Just checked again and playlists still aren't available but the Windows 10 app hasn't stopped shuffling my favorites.