IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

3 hours ago, Muddy Walter said:

I don't use iOS but imagine settings would be similar. I have full screen turned off in WinOS in both the app and web player. I find that under my moniker, then settings>display.

Found it. Many thanks! Are we still unable to add a profile photo? Read it somewhere on her that Qobuz have disabled this for the time being. 

14 hours ago, RBO said:

Found it. Many thanks! Are we still unable to add a profile photo? Read it somewhere on her that Qobuz have disabled this for the time being. 

Glad you found it! I have also read that (somewhere) about profile image change being disabled. Used to be that it could be changed via Facebook but that meant using Facebook. Qobuz keeps improving and with more countries now able to use the service and Tidal users looking for a more honest sound, hope for the future.

8 minutes ago, Muddy Walter said:

Glad you found it! I have also read that (somewhere) about profile image change being disabled. Used to be that it could be changed via Facebook but that meant using Facebook. Qobuz keeps improving and with more countries now able to use the service and Tidal users looking for a more honest sound, hope for the future.

Thanks again for pointing it out. Was really bugging me! :) As for the photo, am not really bothered and was merely curious if I was doing something wrong. 

Been doing a lot of reading on here (especially on the Qobuz features requests thread) and I can tell they are rather proactive in dealing with their customers and support appears to be good. 

As for Tidal, I am still currently running it side by side with Qobuz and do prefer Qobuz. Although I hope at some point Qobuz will implement some rather handy features currently present in competitors. I would love to see Qobuz not list all artist releases grouped together as opposed to competitors doing this by category - albums, singles, ep and compilations.

On 4/21/2021 at 5:53 PM, RBO said:

As for Tidal, I am still currently running it side by side with Qobuz and do prefer Qobuz. Although I hope at some point Qobuz will implement some rather handy features currently present in competitors.

Tidal Connect now is available on Volumio. This is going to put Tidal on the hands of so many people with a cheap RPI. This is a game changer and I wonder when Qobuz will come with their own Connect protocol. If they want to expand their user base then they really need to come with their own version of Spotify/Tidal Connect. People are not willing to pay $ for Roon to get Qobuz if they are only streaming. 

On 4/23/2021 at 3:37 AM, BrownMagic said:

Tidal Connect now is available on Volumio. This is going to put Tidal on the hands of so many people with a cheap RPI. This is a game changer and I wonder when Qobuz will come with their own Connect protocol. If they want to expand their user base then they really need to come with their own version of Spotify/Tidal Connect. People are not willing to pay $ for Roon to get Qobuz if they are only streaming. 

I have emailed Qobuz about the Connect function and was told there is not ETA for this. Currently I can stream Qobuz to my NAD M10 via AirPlay but it's a bit of an inconvenience to always have to change the audio source output in macOS settings when using the desktop app. It's easier when streaming from the iPhone Qobuz app. 

Tidal has a connect function for my streamer, however, it's rather buggy and has a mind of its own :) Valid for both macOS and iPhone apps. 

I run both services through Roon and it's a breeze but can appreciate some many not want to spend money on Roon. 

2 hours ago, Cebolla said:

All of those provide Qobuz access either for free or at very low cost. For example, Logitech Media Server, BubbleUPnP, mconnect Player, Linn Kazoo, etc.

Unfortunately none of them cut it for me. I currently use Google Cast to beam Qobuz to my Primare NP5 streamer. It’s buggy to say the least. I will be moving to Spotify HD if Qobuz don’t have a connect version of their own. 

6 minutes ago, Ran said:

It looks like the NP5 supports DLNA so you can use various apps to stream Qobuz without the need to cast or Roon.

i am using the native Qobuz app to stream to NP5 using the cast. This method supports 24/192. I do not want to use 3rd party apps because the experience is not as good as using the native app. Qobuz claims they are going to update the cast receiver and the dropouts should stop but only time will tell. 

I’m still using my NP5 as a Roon endpoint but, since I found out that Roon pays MQA a fee whenever the MQA core decoder is used (source), I’m even more motivated to leave. Since I don’t support MQA, I’m disappointed to know that my subscription fee subsidizes those that do.

Casting from the qobuz app is so bad it’s not usable (for me, YMMV) and all the third-party apps I’ve tried fall short as well. I’ve tried BubbleUPnP, Audirvana and Mconnect. The best experience (if it worked) would be to cast directly to the NP5. 

Stingray Music, Deezer HiFi and Amazon Music (not HD) all cast without issue to the NP5 or the Google puck so it’s not an issue with CCA. It’s only Qobuz that has problems and Qobuz’s latest updates to the Android app have made things worse.

I’m also patiently awaiting the launch of Spotify lossless. The Connect feature works flawlessly.

Qobuz, please fix Chromecast or implement your own Connect feature.

@David Craff - Is there a way to move favorites to a play list without doing it one by one? still trying to concur the max limitation with favorites and thought if I cut the list in 2 that will suffice. what is the limit of favorites right now before the app/web player crashes? any eta on a fix and will you post on this board when a new rev is released? thx.

19 hours ago, livepinkfloyd said:

@David Craff - Is there a way to move favorites to a play list without doing it one by one? still trying to concur the max limitation with favorites and thought if I cut the list in 2 that will suffice. what is the limit of favorites right now before the app/web player crashes? any eta on a fix and will you post on this board when a new rev is released? thx.

Hi,

You can select more than one favorites with Control or Command key. And select a list of track from the first to the last while using shift.

We are working on a fix for the desktop application for large list content. This will be available on next release, end off may.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

On 4/19/2021 at 9:04 AM, Ropet said:

I don’t know if this is an API question, a question for Lumin or Quboz. 

I started my subscription with Quboz. It works excellent except that I have an issue with sorting favourites in Lumin U1 Mini. The appear to sort in a random order. I want them to be sorted in alphabetic order by Artist followed by Album Titel. This works with my own files but not with the favourites I selected in Lumin.

Is there a solution to this?

@David Craff I repeat this question and hope for an answer. This worked with Tidal but obviously not with Quboz. At least not yet (which has been confirmed by Lumin). I hope you will look into this. Here’s how the random order looks today. (I had no answer from your customer support, unfortunately).

7E481944-5516-417A-A7EF-495444CBC975.thumb.png.d6866de6b250e1b4f233ba35272013be.png

On 4/23/2021 at 4:37 AM, BrownMagic said:

Hi,

We don't have ETA at the moment but the project is prioritized and in the priorities of Qobuz.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

I have been away from here for quite a few years and have not followed this extremely long thread. Since I built my CAPS music player that is still running in my livingroom, I have mainly streamed music bought from Qobuz and other hi res download sites. For playback I have stayed true to JRiver Music center with very few problems. Now I have signed up for Qobuz streaming - mainly because of a long contentious thread on Pink Fish Media about MQA - and now I am struggling with getting a stable playback chain established between Win 10, Qobuz/JRiver, my Nuforce U192s usb to spdif converter and the LM 502CA Dac. Playing back music from my own server causes a lot less problems.

Will Microsoft Server 2016 or later be a better option as a first step?

What then?

Caps V3 music player.

1 minute ago, Rosewind said:

I have been away from here for quite a few years and have not followed this extremely long thread. Since I built my CAPS music player that is still running in my livingroom, I have mainly streamed music bought from Qobuz and other hi res download sites. For playback I have stayed true to JRiver Music center with very few problems. Now I have signed up for Qobuz streaming - mainly because of a long contentious thread on Pink Fish Media about MQA - and now I am struggling with getting a stable playback chain established between Win 10, Qobuz/JRiver, my Nuforce U192s usb to spdif converter and the LM 502CA Dac. Playing back music from my own server causes a lot less problems.

Will Microsoft Server 2016 or later be a better option as a first step?

What then?

Are you using the Qobuz app to output audio over USB to your Nuforce DAC?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png